What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that when I go to the main forum page I'm logged out. However if I just go to the FFA (without logging in) I'll be signed in already.

In the mobile version, what does the blue flag mean? I've noticed that if I click on a link in a post, the flag sometimes turns from gray to blue. Am I accidentally flagging posts, or something?

The mobile site is a mess.  I check in less because of it.  Garbage 

Last edited by a moderator:
How the #### are you supposed to post an article these days?  The whole thing comes in formatted and you can't change any of it.  Then it gets stuck in the reply form

Ridiculous. Why must I log in (twice) each time I come back to these forums? Especially when I checked the "Remember Me" box....? I have now logged in to these forums 10 times today (really 20).

Can we still set it to show the OP no matter what page we are viewing in a thread? Or did that go by the wayside also in lieu of streamlining between operating systems....?

Ruffrodys05 said:
Ridiculous. Why must I log in (twice) each time I come back to these forums? Especially when I checked the "Remember Me" box....? I have now logged in to these forums 10 times today (really 20).

Can we still set it to show the OP no matter what page we are viewing in a thread? Or did that go by the wayside also in lieu of streamlining between operating systems....?

WHY NOT!!!!???? - Bluto - Animal House (moderator)

Seriously mister, do you really want to be a part of the best house on campus?  

It doesn't sound like it ...

tl;dr

On PC, If you find yourself stuck with quotes that you didn't really want to quote and can't get rid of them: Right click on top left hand corner of the quote, select all, backspace.

Having to log in twice is pretty neat 
If the purpose of this upgrade was to lessen traffic, congrats.  At least with me, it works.

While at work on mandated IE:  Have to sign in every time (not just starting the last few days, from the start of this version), the blue star, black dot feature doesn't show.  I rarely log on from work now.

Home using Firefox: now having to log in twice just further minimizes my visits to this site.

In both instances, the inability to drop to the code version of a reply just sucks.  I see different posts in here talking about quoting issues, posting links, posting articles and other things included in posts that they don't want.  With the ability to drop to the code you can clean that all up on your own.

Can we please get a Politics-only subforum so the front page of the FFA isn't cluttered with:

Official Hillary Thread
Official Bernie Thread
Official GOP Thread
Official Trump Thread
Official Kasich Thread
Official Supreme Court Nomination Thread

Heard back nothing in the available settings that looked like it would help those having to log in each time. Invision being asked about it.

where can i find the ''my content'' option? i have to sift thru page after page looking for the threads that ive been commenting in...used to be able to just click my content and they all pop up together

How the #### are you supposed to post an article these days?  The whole thing comes in formatted and you can't change any of it.  Then it gets stuck in the reply form
I think this may be browser dependent.

After I copy an article using Chrome into the reply box, the bottom of the reply box gives me the option to "Remove all formatting" from the article and then you can do what ever you want with it as text.  I don't know if this works with other browsers though.

Funny enough, I've always had the bad habit of using two spaces after a sentence instead of one space.  Normally it doesn't look that bad, but the formatting of this new board makes it look downright awful.

Either way, this new update is helping me break a bad habit.  Which is funny because none of my college professors ever called me on it.

"Would you like to receive notifications from this site"  EVERY FREAKING PAGE.

Another wonderful new "undocumented feature" of this upgrade.

Who designed this software?  The same people that launched the Obamacare website?

Last edited by a moderator:
The saving of my quoted posts DAYS after I posted is the most annoying thing ever. Can't delete them on mobile. So that's while you'll see I randomly quote people with blank text.

Maybe they're slowly fixing the content I posted in. I have stuff I posted today and stuff from 2012 now. Everything in between still missing though.

Just heard indexes are being rebuilt after an update, which is the cause of the search and replied in issues. Should be done sometime early tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread