Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
GregR

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post

Recommended Posts

"Would you like to receive notifications from this site"  EVERY FREAKING PAGE.

Another wonderful new "undocumented feature" of this upgrade.

Who designed this software?  The same people that launched the Obamacare website?

Edited by Mjolnirs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The saving of my quoted posts DAYS after I posted is the most annoying thing ever. Can't delete them on mobile. So that's while you'll see I randomly quote people with blank text.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed the search engine is on the fritz again. Also I'm getting nothing in the "content I posted in" activity feed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Insein said:

Noticed the search engine is on the fritz again. Also I'm getting nothing in the "content I posted in" activity feed.

 

 

Can confirm, search is broken again :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shadyridr said:

The saving of my quoted posts DAYS after I posted is the most annoying thing ever. Can't delete them on mobile. So that's while you'll see I randomly quote people with blank text.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS ON MOBILE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they're slowly fixing the content I posted in. I have stuff I posted today and stuff from 2012 now. Everything in between still missing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard indexes are being rebuilt after an update, which is the cause of the search and replied in issues. Should be done sometime early tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Greg Russell said:

Just heard indexes are being rebuilt after an update, which is the cause of the search and replied in issues. Should be done sometime early tomorrow.

What's the timeframe on when pictures will be enabled again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eoMMan said:

What's the timeframe on when pictures will be enabled again? 

They won't be. That some methods worked this long was a bug in the setting to disable them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

When will the having to log in every time be fixed?

Should be fixed with latest update that went in yesterday. 

Also, search index rebuild is complete and activity feeds back up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Should be fixed with latest update that went in yesterday. 

Also, search index rebuild is complete and activity feeds back up. 

 

I still need to log on every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

I still need to log on every time.

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rascal said:

nested quotes going to work, ever?

Think they are working as expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Think they are working as expected

This is as expected?  Not trying to be an ###, just seems like including the full conversation in a quote would be useful.  Or do I have a wrong setting?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rascal said:

This is as expected?  Not trying to be an ###, just seems like including the full conversation in a quote would be useful.  Or do I have a wrong setting?

what we have now is apparently the only option available in the latest version of Invision's board software. we can't change a setting to have it include more quote history in a conversation. you can click the arrow in upper right to trace back what people were talking about if you want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:
8 minutes ago, rascal said:

This is as expected?  Not trying to be an ###, just seems like including the full conversation in a quote would be useful.  Or do I have a wrong setting?

what we have now is apparently the only option available in the latest version of Invision's board software. we can't change a setting to have it include more quote history in a conversation. you can click the arrow in upper right to trace back what people were talking about if you want to.

hey look what i did!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peyton Marino said:

 

hey look what i did!

yes, there are ways to add multi-quote. but it won't happen automatically, which I think is what he was asking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from the first post of this thread:

 

Quote

 

Nested Quotes, Quote Multiple Posts

Invision changed their boards to only have 1 nested quote by default, because having too many made it unreadable, particularly on mobile. You can include multiple separate quote boxes though. To include more than one, just click the + next to Quote on the posts you wish included. A new button will then appear at the bottom to include all of the quotes.

You can also highlight a post and hit the "Quote This" that pops up and it might include more of the previous quote(s).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the login thing, I recall hearing it was being passed to Invision, but I don't think anyone on staff said they had the issue that we could do much to trouble shoot it.

I wonder if anyone has tried deleting their footballguys.com and forums.footballguys.com cookies and see if maybe that helps?  Or checking other cookie or form related settings in the browser that might affect it?  It only seems to be some people having the problem, so it being something within their browsers could make sense as a potential cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Greg Russell said:

On the login thing, I recall hearing it was being passed to Invision, but I don't think anyone on staff said they had the issue that we could do much to trouble shoot it.

I wonder if anyone has tried deleting their footballguys.com and forums.footballguys.com cookies and see if maybe that helps?  Or checking other cookie or form related settings in the browser that might affect it?  It only seems to be some people having the problem, so it being something within their browsers could make sense as a potential cause.

I did try clearing all my cookies for FBGs and the forums. Didn't make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

from the first post of this thread:

 

Quote

 

Nested Quotes, Quote Multiple Posts

Invision changed their boards to only have 1 nested quote by default, because having too many made it unreadable, particularly on mobile. You can include multiple separate quote boxes though. To include more than one, just click the + next to Quote on the posts you wish included. A new button will then appear at the bottom to include all of the quotes.

You can also highlight a post and hit the "Quote This" that pops up and it might include more of the previous quote(s).

"+" not showing up, but at least the highlight does.  Of course, if nobody uses it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rascal said:

 

"+" not showing up, but at least the highlight does.  Of course, if nobody uses it....

What browser/OS are you on?

At the bottom left of a post where you click on the word Quote to quote that one post, there isn't a + on a grey background to the left of the word Quote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greg Russell said:

What browser/OS are you on?

At the bottom left of a post where you click on the word Quote to quote that one post, there isn't a + on a grey background to the left of the word Quote?

Internet Explorer 11/Windows 7

I see a grey box for multiquote, but that is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rascal said:

Internet Explorer 11/Windows 7

I see a grey box for multiquote, but that is it.

Right, that's the "+" that is being referred to.  Hit that on a few posts and each of them will be quoted individually in your reply if you hit the Quote # posts box that will appear after.

Looking like this:

 

2 hours ago, rascal said:

This is as expected?  Not trying to be an ###, just seems like including the full conversation in a quote would be useful.  Or do I have a wrong setting?

 

2 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

what we have now is apparently the only option available in the latest version of Invision's board software. we can't change a setting to have it include more quote history in a conversation. you can click the arrow in upper right to trace back what people were talking about if you want to.

 

2 hours ago, Peyton Marino said:

 

hey look what i did!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, this attempt by Invision to streamline the appearance of the board across multiple platforms is a HUGE FAIL. Especially on mobile. Its not an improvement at all and in fact is much worse because users are unable to customize to our liking. It almost appears as if Invision didn't make these changes with the end user in mind but instead were focused on their own desires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Honestly, this attempt by Invision to streamline the appearance of the board across multiple platforms is a HUGE FAIL. Especially on mobile. Its not an improvement at all and in fact is much worse because users are unable to customize to our liking. It almost appears as if Invision didn't make these changes with the end user in mind but instead were focused on their own desires. 

No wonder Joe and David are so loyal to them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am completely stunned that the double log in issue is still unresolved.

Does this new version use completely different software/language than the previous version? If not, maybe the programmers should compare the old code to the new code and see what they missed.  Even if it is completely different ... go back and figure out what you forgot to program into this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Topics are falling off page one way too fast, imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mjolnirs said:

I am completely stunned that the double log in issue is still unresolved.

Does this new version use completely different software/language than the previous version? If not, maybe the programmers should compare the old code to the new code and see what they missed.  Even if it is completely different ... go back and figure out what you forgot to program into this.

There are no "programmers" here,  fbg bought the software as-is and out of a box. They're just an end customer. It would be like you emailing Microsoft to change the thickness of the bold lines in excel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

There are no "programmers" here,  fbg bought the software as-is and out of a box. They're just an end customer. It would be like you emailing Microsoft to change the thickness of the bold lines in excel. 

That is at least something easy for the user to fix, not the fustercluck that is going on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walking Boot said:
4 hours ago, Mjolnirs said:

I am completely stunned that the double log in issue is still unresolved.

Does this new version use completely different software/language than the previous version? If not, maybe the programmers should compare the old code to the new code and see what they missed.  Even if it is completely different ... go back and figure out what you forgot to program into this.

There are no "programmers" here,  fbg bought the software as-is and out of a box. They're just an end customer. It would be like you emailing Microsoft to change the thickness of the bold lines in excel. 

Sure there are no programmers at FBG, but this software is an upgrade to the software that was being used.  The old version was out of the box and this new version is out of the box. 

Losing the functionality of not only single sign on, but remembered sign on as well, is a major issue that should be hitting all purchasers of this software.  Has FBG contacted the company to see if this issue is happening for other customers, and if there is a fix in the works?

If a business purchased Excel and the newest version started requiring users to go through the "save" option twice before anything was actually saved, I'm sure Microsoft would be aware and working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does invision have so much share with such a terrible product in the first place?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2016 at 9:44 PM, KingPrawn said:

Have we gotten a reply reason excuse for this yet?

Okay - I figured this out.  I go the main forums page and it's showing me as not logged in.  But if I go click on the FFA, Shark Pool or Baseball forums, it then logs me in.  Must be a caching issue with the page.   In any case, this is no longer an issue for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to view only threads I've posted in. The new "custom" option allowing me to do this seems to only have one page; I can't look at a 2nd or later page of threads I've posted in. Is there a way to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2016 at 7:45 PM, Slapdash said:

how?

not sure if answered yet, but quote both posts that you want to nest at the same time (hit the '+' button next to quote) then drag one into the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are having the sign on issue. It appears most do not. 

Passed it along and heard back we'd contacted Invision about it. I've not heard any update on it beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

I tend to view only threads I've posted in. The new "custom" option allowing me to do this seems to only have one page; I can't look at a 2nd or later page of threads I've posted in. Is there a way to do this?

I believe this was passed to Invision as well as I sent Memphis screen shots of it.

Another option would be go to Activity -> My Activity Streams up on the tabs at the top, and choose content you've posted in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, urbanhack said:

Okay - I figured this out.  I go the main forums page and it's showing me as not logged in.  But if I go click on the FFA, Shark Pool or Baseball forums, it then logs me in.  Must be a caching issue with the page.   In any case, this is no longer an issue for me.

Can others having the login issue try this and report back on if it fixes it for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mjolnirs said:

I am completely stunned that the double log in issue is still unresolved.

Does this new version use completely different software/language than the previous version? If not, maybe the programmers should compare the old code to the new code and see what they missed.  Even if it is completely different ... go back and figure out what you forgot to program into this.

maybe, if they make the source code available, one or more of us could fix it.

we could wikify this bored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greg Russell said:
6 hours ago, urbanhack said:

Okay - I figured this out.  I go the main forums page and it's showing me as not logged in.  But if I go click on the FFA, Shark Pool or Baseball forums, it then logs me in.  Must be a caching issue with the page.   In any case, this is no longer an issue for me.

Can others having the login issue try this and report back on if it fixes it for you? 

From the FBGs home page

Home Tab  > Forums Home it does not keep me logged in. I have to do the log in twice

Community Tab > Forums > Shark Pool (or any other one of the forums) I do not have to log in. It remembers me from my last session.

 

Seems to be an issue with the Forums Home page log in

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Greg Russell said:
17 hours ago, urbanhack said:

Okay - I figured this out.  I go the main forums page and it's showing me as not logged in.  But if I go click on the FFA, Shark Pool or Baseball forums, it then logs me in.  Must be a caching issue with the page.   In any case, this is no longer an issue for me.

Can others having the login issue try this and report back on if it fixes it for you? 

Same here.  :loco:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed everybody had the FFA as their bookmark. Guess that's why most people weren't seeing this issue. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.