What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PED, Sex Assault Tarnish Peyton Mannings Once Pristine Image (1 Viewer)

20 year old story that he literally can't talk about or he could get sued, again.

It's the deflategate of 2016.  A nonstory that will last for way too long since there's no real news.

In other recent news, Bill Clinton was elected to a second term over Bob Dole. The Unabomber was arrested. Tupac was killed. The Cowboys won the Super Bowl over Steelers. Oh and the government and television companies have finally decided on an HDTV format to be set up in the next 10 years or so.

Oh yea and Eli Manning turned 15 recently. Almost ready to drive now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?

So everyone already knew that the woman reported the sexual assault to a crisis center? Was news to me.

Surely the Manning apologists can easily include a bunch of links to headlines demonstrating how this fact (the woman reported the sexual assault to a crisis center) was widely reported? As opposed to being buried in some documents and virtually ignored by the media.

The previous  Peyton Manning’s image built on lies has mysteriously been disabled after the upgrade so we have to start from scratch.

"Assailant and drug cheat are not terms usually attached to Manning, 39, who grew up in New Orleans’ Garden District in a first-class family, son of former quarterback Archie and his wife Olivia, brother of Cooper and Eli."  But they are now........   Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/linda-robertson/article62095347.html#storylink=cpy

It is rather curious that the original thread link (and the Bronco cheating link) were both broken, but all the others seems to be working just fine.....

Really?

So everyone already knew that the woman reported the sexual assault to a crisis center? Was news to me.

Surely the Manning apologists can easily include a bunch of links to headlines demonstrating how this fact (the woman reported the sexual assault to a crisis center) was widely reported? As opposed to being buried in some documents and virtually ignored by the media.
Idk, I was in 2nd period geometry at the time. Can't say I remember it being reported.

In other much more recent news, the Broncos defense dominated Brady and the Pat's in the AFC championship.

The previous  Peyton Manning’s image built on lies has mysteriously been disabled after the upgrade so we have to start from scratch.

"Assailant and drug cheat are not terms usually attached to Manning, 39, who grew up in New Orleans’ Garden District in a first-class family, son of former quarterback Archie and his wife Olivia, brother of Cooper and Eli."  But they are now........   Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/linda-robertson/article62095347.html#storylink=cpy

NE_REVIVAL

Is there a more whiny insecure fan base than the Pats?

Seriously, maybe it's just the posters on these boards but it's sad that they can't just enjoy their own success.

It is rather curious that the original thread link (and the Bronco cheating link) were both broken, but all the others seems to be working just fine.....
It says in the board upgrade FAQ I posted that threads that used images in titles are broken.  It says the same in the post I made in the Shark Pool about team pages which used them being broken. I just checked and the single quote you used in the title is not the standard keyboard text one.  It is the type you see in newspapers that face different directions for opening and closing quotes, and is not standard text at least in however the bug with titles work.

And yes, your completely baseless insinuation was insulting.

It says in the board upgrade FAQ I posted that threads that used images in titles are broken.  It says the same in the post I made in the Shark Pool about team pages which used them being broken. I just checked and the single quote you used in the title is not the standard keyboard text one.  It is the type you see in newspapers that face different directions for opening and closing quotes, and is not standard text at least in however the bug with titles work.

Of course you'd say that.  :tinfoilhat:

NE-REVIVAL making all Pats fans cringe again.  We get it, you are totally obsessed with Brady not getting the love Peyton does and fuels a chronic persecution complex.  

But, I mean, to keep at it like this?  Dude, get some professional help.

Public service announcement to Patriots' fans from the fans of the other 31 teams...

Your obsession with trying to discredit Peyton only makes us hate Brady and the Patriots even more.

I think his smooch with Papa John has done the most to damage his pristine image.
It's not Peyton's fault his forehead got in the way and inappropriately touched a girl (wasn't really his bum).  He was born with that forehead and NE Revival should cut him some slack.

You're just part of the coverup!

I was pretty impartial to New England fans before I joined this site. However I have found myself to have a growing intolerance of them over the past couple of years. I know how a few bad apples spoil the bunch but it's getting harder to sift through the baskete to find a good one.

DropKick said:
Not even close...

I've heard (and this is just a rumor at this point) that Peyton slept with another NFL QB when they were kids.  Yeah - same bed.
I heard he used to have an older NFL QB kiss him goodnight when he was a boy.

You guys know this issue is being discussed quite a bit in the outside world, right? Maybe I follow too many female sports journalists?  The thread title is a bit incendiary, but it's an actual issue.

Curious if NE_REVIVAL checked with mods as to what happened to the old thread.

The original Shaun King piece has a lot of holes in it and I wanted to walk back some of my posts in the other thread.  King was quoting documents from Naughright's law team, and even at that, I didn't read them very well.

But the way the Mannings smeared that woman were pretty bloody lousy.

Holy man, I just googled Naughright's name to check my spelling and they're STILL smearing her right now!

299348_fpx.tif

starks said:
I was pretty impartial to New England fans before I joined this site. However I have found myself to have a growing intolerance of them over the past couple of years. I know how a few bad apples spoil the bunch but it's getting harder to sift through the baskete to find a good one.

In my opinion it is everyone's fans. When the Patriots are winning everyone hates them and starts threads to bash their success, when the Seahawks are winning it was Sherman was a d- bag and they are PED freaks, now Denver won and it is Peyton is the anti-Christ and half their team is on PED's, next time it will be the Steeler's and how Ben abuses women or any random team and someone that hates them will dig up dirt on one of their high profile players to try to cheapen what the team did. It is sad.

Users who are viewing this thread