What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Prosise - RB - Notre Dame (1 Viewer)

I’m buying him. Worst case he gets some receptions. Best case he emerges as the guy in Seattle. Stranger things have happened...
Not like it costs much to acquire him.  I got him as an fa after waivers ran.  Dropped njoku for him.  No biggie.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m buying him. Worst case he gets some receptions. Best case he emerges as the guy in Seattle. Stranger things have happened...
Earlier I poo-poohed this entire SEA backfield situation, but the more I think about it, it isn't crazy to think Prosise could become starter-grade if Rawls and Lacy simply continue to do nothing.

The Seahawks' offensive philosophy is definitely the power run game, but how long will they stay with it when it isn't working?  Hard to know, but Prosise could really pop if they stop leaning on the Lacy/Rawls combo.

The flipside is, it's not too often you see coaches change their teams' identity mid-course.  Now I'm talking myself out of it. :)  

I was one of the few that thought Lacy may have something left in the tank but now I'm convinced that he's fully cooked.

Last year when Prosise was putting up good stats, he was still splitting carries / snaps with Rawls, which leads me to believe it can happen again this season.

Not only that but Rawls doesn't look as good as he did last year, so there is room for improvement for Prosise. 

Petey seems to believe in the kid, invested high draft pick, and he has the size to get a decent workload. We can only wait and see. 

The thing I wonder about is doesn't Prosise get game scripted a.k.a does his usage wax or wane depending on whether the Seahawks are ahead/behind? Because this week you'd think the Hawks will be playing ahead (although playing a road East coast game vs. a suddenly hungry team you never know), so that would favor Rawls/Lacy. Next 4 though:

8 Oct 29 - Hou Sun 4:05 pm

9 Nov 5 - Was Sun 4:05 pm

10 Nov 9 - @Ari Thu 8:25 pm

11 Nov 20 - Atl Mon 8:30 pm

That favors a more offensive passing attack. Prosise could make a statement if he has a good game this week and the others not impress.

C.J. Prosise (ankle) was upgraded to "full" in Thursday's practice.

Prosise is ready to return after missing Weeks 4 and 5 before the Seahawks' bye. Prosise has been extremely injury prone through his first two seasons as an NFLer, but could carve out a big role relatively quickly if he can stay on the field this time. The Seahawks have gotten close to nothing from Thomas Rawls and Eddie Lacy. Prosise will start out catching passes and changing the pace on early downs.
Full on Thursday means he's completely healthy. He will have an opportunity as I don't see Lacy doing anything, and Rawls shouldn't do that much better. Shifty pass catching backs are what give the Giants problems, look what Melvin Gordon did to them a few weeks ago.

You think sea is going to go into week 7 with rawls, lacy, prosise AND mckissic active? I doubt that.  If they like prosise more, mckissic will likely be inactive.  Lacy and rawls will catabolize each other on 1st and 2nd down with the 1ypc and a cloud of dust to start the game. Prosise would come in on 3rd downs.  He’s got chris Thompson-Esque upside in that role if he can stay healthy.  He looked great last year when given an opportunity with the same gl td vulture qb.  And BC lacy and rawls both suck donkey d*ck he’s got upside for more. 

Im wondering if this is some kind of strange situation where both Rawls and Lacy try and succeed in turning each other into domesticated cats through witchcraft. 

Im wondering if this is some kind of strange situation where both Rawls and Lacy try and succeed in turning each other into domesticated cats through witchcraft. 
Probably a better word would have been cannibalize but catabolize works too.  Catabolism is the process of breaking something down into smaller pieces and generally looked at as a negative process, usually related to protein breakdown in the body.  

But it could also refer to lacy and rawls eating away at each other’s opportunities and splitting the pie.   

Probably a better word would have been cannibalize but catabolize works too.  Catabolism is the process of breaking something down into smaller pieces and generally looked at as a negative process, usually related to protein breakdown in the body.  

But it could also refer to lacy and rawls eating away at each other’s opportunities and splitting the pie.   
we are at that part of the season where we are grasping.  If you wait for him to play good-you are out of luck.  I dropped McFadden for him.  at least Prosise is playing.  I have no crystal ball.  just keep trying.

Yes I'm aware of the term cannibalize and it's usage in FF circles, it was my attempt at a joke but I will admit to thinking it was a typo, I've never heard of the term catabolise being used before !

we are at that part of the season where we are grasping.  If you wait for him to play good-you are out of luck.  I dropped McFadden for him.  at least Prosise is playing.  I have no crystal ball.  just keep trying.
If you're like 2-4 and in desperate need of a win, Prosise isn't your guy. Go get an Orleans Darkwa type who has a 6-7 point floor in standard.

If you're fortunate enough to be sitting 5-1 or 6-0, or otherwise an odds-on favorite for the playoffs, it's a much better strategy to reserve those last couple spots on your bench for guys with a chance to be league winners, even if that chance is relatively small.

In the leagues where I'm in the latter situation, I'm loading up on names like Alex Collins, Dion Lewis, Alvin Kamara ... and, yes, Prosise. I don't assume he's going to lead the backfield in fantasy points at season's end, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Seattle's offense tends to get better the later in the season they go, and a primary backfield option on a top-10 offense in December is pretty much the definition of 'league winner'. Even if there's only a 15% chance of that happening, it's well worth the roster spot.

Physical ability and skills says - Prosise looks a LOT like Shaun Alexander. 

...All I have to do, is dreaeaeaeaeaeaaam. Dream, dream, dream.

A few years ago, anyone remember a really close game between Florida State and Notre Dame that went down to the last play: a TD for Notre Dame that was called back for a pick play on the pass? The WR who picked? CJ Prosise. 

I’m a big ND fan and I say this as a big fan and as hopeful for him: look at him the same as you did Ty Montgomery preseason and act accordingly. As a RB he’s playing somewhat out of position and especially so if he’s expected to carry more than a few times a game. A 3rd down pass catching back is his ideal role. I hope he proves me wrong and I’ll be the first rooting for him to do so. 

Dealt Tyrod for Prosise in a PPR dynasty a couple weeks ago (was my 3rd QB, other owner had a bye crunch), and picked up McKissic cheap with auction money...I'm confident that this pass-catching RB position on SEA will have value. If Prosise continues to get hurt, maybe it will be McKissic. 

C.J. Prosise (ankle) is questionable for Week 7 against the Giants.

Prosise has practiced fully the last two days and is in no danger of sitting out Sunday's game in the Meadowlands. He'll resume his role as Seattle's primary back on passing downs after missing the last two games with a bad ankle.
Good... good... Game plan should be favorable for Graham and Prosise, would be better if Lacy and Rawls fail to impress.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports C.J. Prosise (ankle) will either be inactive or play "minimal snaps" Week 7 against the Giants.

This is a surprise. A full participant in practice both Thursday and Friday, Prosise was fully expected to return after sitting out two games and the bye with a bum ankle. With Prosise expected to be at best limited, J.D. McKissic should retain a role in the passing game, but neither is worth starting in fantasy. Prosise is not a must-hold in shallow leagues.
What ... the eff?

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said C.J. Prosise (ankle) will try to play Week 8 against the Texans but doesn't anticipate him being available.

Prosise didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday, though Carroll's comments suggest he'll try to get at least some work in on Friday. Still, it's hard to envision Prosise playing after aggravating his sprained ankle in last week's win over the Giants. Rookie J.D. McKissic would occupy his role on passing downs.
Dude staph it. Why does he insist on coming back at apparently far less than 100%. Sit out and heal... 

If this guy would stay healthy, he'd probably be good. If he'd stay hurt, McKissic would probably be good. Instead he keeps coming back, getting hurt, coming back, getting hurt, etc. Terrible. 

Taking injury prone to new levels. Have this guy in dynasty -  complete waste of a roster spot at this point.

Seahawks placed RB C.J. Prosise (ankles) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Dealing with right ankle woes nearly all season, Prosise injured his left ankle in Seattle's Week 10 win over the Cardinals. It's the second straight year Prosise has landed on injured reserve, with a shoulder issue limiting him to six games as a rookie. In all, the 2016 third-rounder will head into 2018 having handled the ball just 64 times across 11 games. Prosise has had nary a healthy week. He'll have to earn his 53-man roster spot next summer.
I've felt pieces of tissue on my ### longer-lasting than this dude. I've killed things under my foot less fragile than this guy.

I'VE SEEN MORE GRIT AND TOUGHER PERFORMANCE IN TOUGH ACTIN' TINACTIN!

I've felt pieces of tissue on my ### longer-lasting than this dude. I've killed things under my foot less fragile than this guy.

I'VE SEEN MORE GRIT AND TOUGHER PERFORMANCE IN TOUGH ACTIN' TINACTIN!
I think you're blocking.  Care to tell us what you really think?

Speaking Thursday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he's been impressed with C.J. Prosise's offseason, but that he's competing for a roster spot.

"C.J. has really jumped out," Carroll said. "He’s looked good now. He knows he’s battling (for a roster spot)." Prosise has long tantalized but has not been able to stay on the field. First-rounder Rashaad Penny should be entrenched on early downs, while Chris Carson appears poised to be his direct backup. Prosise is going to have to prove he's ready to contribute as a reliable pass catcher this summer.

Source: Seattle Times 

The Seattle Times' Bob Condotta reports that RB C.J. Prosise appears to be the leader for the role of Seattle's two-minute, third-down back.

Condotta continues that Prosise has been a constant presence during the first three practices and worked with the first-team offense Sunday. Hawks OC Brian Schottenheimer clouded the situation further by complimenting rookie Rashaad Penny's pass-blocking skills and hinting that it takes "more than one [running back], for sure" to run the ball effectively. Although Chris Carson opened camp as the team's No. 1 back, we expect this situation to eventually settle with Penny atop Seattle's depth chart.

Related: Seahawks

Source: Seattle Times

Jul 29 - 8:25 PM

For me, I've already conceded the fact that he's not going to be a starter. But the Seahawks are in a lot of tight games and seem to play a lot of catch up football. I'll take 5 catches for 65 yards and a handful of rushing yards. I know when he was healthy, he was scoring a lot of long touchdowns. I'd have to see him rip off a 40 yard gain before I could truly get excited for this guy again.

For me, I've already conceded the fact that he's not going to be a starter. But the Seahawks are in a lot of tight games and seem to play a lot of catch up football. I'll take 5 catches for 65 yards and a handful of rushing yards. I know when he was healthy, he was scoring a lot of long touchdowns. I'd have to see him rip off a 40 yard gain before I could truly get excited for this guy again.
He has one career touchdown? Is that a lot?

Also of course you would take 80 receptions for 1,040 yards receiving (5 catches for 65 yards over 16 games) plus rushing yards - but good luck with that. 

Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll praised C.J. Prosise's conditioning.

"It screams of how hard he worked and how important this is to him," Carroll said. Carroll has been praising Prosise's conditioning for two months now. Seemingly fighting for a roster spot earlier this offseason, Prosise is now squarely in the mix for for third-down duties. He's been a legitimate playmaker the rare times he's been able to avoid injury and stay on the field.

Source: Brady Henderson on Twitter 

Jul 31 - 6:38 PM

You could see a nice role for Prosise even if he isn't the primary ball carrier, if they use him as a 3rd down back plus some WR formations.

ETA:  He could fill some of the Graham/Richardson target void.

Users who are viewing this thread