What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash Royale- New Time Waster (1 Viewer)

AcerFC

Footballguy
So, Clash Royale was released yesterday and it is from the clash of clans developers. I have been playing for just a day, but I know COC was lot better for me playing with fbgs. So I made a clan. The name of it is fbgs. Use the password ffa to join. Right now its me and The W.

The game itself is like a tower strategy game with characters from Clash of Clans. Here is a video to give you an example. 

The main downside to the game for me is that you only get 4 chest slots. Chest need to be opened. So far the chests I have gotten have taken 15 minutes, 3 hours and 8 hours to open. So if you have all four slots filled with three hour chests, you have to wait unless you battle for no chests. You will continue to get cups so its not a total loss. But I want the loot 

I'm in the FBGs clan, "the w".  I'm not sure what being in a clan actually entails...  It looks like we donate cards, but does that mean an extra card in battle?

This game is like crack.

I'm in the FBGs clan, "the w".  I'm not sure what being in a clan actually entails...  It looks like we donate cards, but does that mean an extra card in battle?

This game is like crack.
No, the donated cards allow you to level up that card. I made a mistake requesting the gob, but thanks. I am having fun with it as well, but my battery goes so quick I cant play too much during the day. At least until my charger that I just ordered for work arrives. 

So what are the important cards/troops to upgrade?  I'd say archers & Giants for sure.  I guess it depends on what you get good at using.

I can't help to think that we are getting a sneak peak at future coc troops.  Spear Goblins?; yes please :)

As long as you have a knight/giant/valk or something absorbing the defense damage, the bomber can do some work.

I'm thinking there may be some strategy involved during troop placement.  If you deploy right in front of theirs, your troops take the 1st shot.  You want their troops to be targeting something with higher hit point damage before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't seem to have much success with arrows.  I have been sticking with the fireball.  I don't think I have the Prince yet.

If my wife finds out I just downloaded this game I'll be sleeping in the garage for the next 6 months.

Have no idea what I'm doing in this game - none.

Can only attack from 2 sides? Giants followed by the rest? Like the Musketeer. Where the hell are the hog riders?

Not spending a single gem on this - not one. Nope.

Cant join a clan until you get to Lv3?

So far, anytime I face the guy on the horse, I lose. Tough to stop him. Im trying hard to get my giants out in front of the musketeer. There is a definite strategy. I might try to put a low elix deck together and see if the speed will trump strength

Tip - Drop the giant behind one of your towers.....it allows time for your elixir to replenish so you can place a musketter or bomber closer to the opponents towers.

trying this low level deck for a bit....

knight, archers, bomber, arrows, spear goblin, giant, musketeer, goblins

eventually will look to replace the following:

knight with prince

archer with witch

goblin with skeleton army

So...found this on card donations today

• You can donate 2 cards per request, and are allowed to request either 10 Common cards or 1 Rare card per request.
  • You can request every 8 hours for cards of your choosing.
  • These donations reward you with at least 1 XP and 5 Gold per common card.
  • If a rare card is donated, you receive 10 XP and 50 Gold instead.
  •  
  • You can buy several of the same card, but the price increases with each subsequent purchase.
  • 3 random cards, of Common, Rare & Epic rarities, are shown everyday, except Sundays.
  • In a daily rotation, each player can buy up to 50 Common cards, 20 Rare cards, and 10 Epic cards, at increasing prices once one of the respective card rarities are bought.

The prices of Common cards start at 3 Gold, the prices of Rare cards start at 40 Gold, and the prices of Epic cards start at 2,000 Gold.

The prices for the various rarities of cards purchased increases: Common cards increase by 20%, Rare cards increase by 40% and 80% for Epic cards [confirmation needed].

[*]On Sundays (Epic Sunday), 6 different cards are shown, instead of 3 different cards (2 Common cards, 2 Rare cards, 2 Epic cards).

Each day in the shop your should buy the common card if they cost 3-4 gold, and 40 gold accordingly....that way when you donate it you get 5 gold back.......+ gold value!

Rare cards cost 40, but when you donate you get 50 gold.......+10 gold!

Take advantage and share those cards!

#### me.

Downloaded and starting to play. Needed something new after CoC kind of passed me by and I maxed out on Madden Mobile.

It's too slow. The game grinds to a halt quickly unless you pay. I might try it again tomorrow but it just seems like there's nothing productive to do once you win 4 matches. 

Been playing since the Beta launch. I keep playing even after four chest slots fill since I find the game fun and it is good practice. 

I have changed my army a million times. The main staple is fireball. You want to try to get their troops and tower in the same shot if you can but timing is important since it is not an instantaneous deployment. 

I always use one building for defence. Currently using the cannon due to cheap cost. Their troops go to it first if you place it right. 

You will want a strategy for getting their tower. Common ones are: balloon, hog, goblin barrel and then combine it with freeze once you get it. 

I will join the clan but my daughter will have to join too. I have all the cards other than a couple new ones just released so I can donate. 

I opened my mega 12 hour chest this morning and it was like Christmas. 

I got a mini pekka, goblin hut, and prince.

Fudd, What should be the upgrade priorities? Ash suggested not upgrading everything right away and to conserve gold. I did upgrade a bunch of stuff already but am starting to see how upgrading a troop you dont use might not be wise. 

Also, what are the benefits of cups in this game. My chest slots are full and the only "benefit" to keep attacking is cups (and fun). Are there bonuses once you reach certain cup levels?

forget it, I just hit 400 and I see you get a new arena and new cards

Remind me again how you link an account so you can play the same account on your ipad & iphone? Been about 2 years since I needed to do this.

Asking for a friend, tia.

Remind me again how you link an account so you can play the same account on your ipad & iphone? Been about 2 years since I needed to do this.

Asking for a friend, tia.
Go to settings and there is an option to link devices

I have been having success with a faster/lower elixer cost deck.

Giant/valk/Arch/spear goblins/minion/bomber/fireball/goblin hut

I try and stop them on defense, get a goblin tower going, drop giant deep, by the time he is up front follow him up with the valk, then bombard with the low elixer troops.  Once one D tower is down, try and push up your 2nd goblin hut.

I'm at a point in coc where it takes a long time to rebuild my army.  So you can really only "game" for 3:00 or so.

This game allows you to battle non-stop, vs a live opponent.

If CoC is like chess, then this is speed chess.

The most successful opening I have is a prince deep then a mini pekka. On the other side (after a slight wait) I go with a skeleton swarm. 

This seems like one of those situations where if they just said, hey, 19.99 and you get the full deck maybe minus a few skins and it would be fun.

The farming element of this seems like it would take forever.

Great! Figured I'd ask the experts!!

Is there a need to 'buy' stuff? If I have him on needing approval to purchase apps, does that include in-app purchases?
Most of us have said we won't spend money. So you dont need to. But I would def keep it turned off just to be safe

This seems like one of those situations where if they just said, hey, 19.99 and you get the full deck maybe minus a few skins and it would be fun.

The farming element of this seems like it would take forever.
According to the strategy Acer posted, you should just upgrade the cards you use.  Sure, its nice to have everything unlocked, but just like coc get good with a core group.  Once you have the resources, mix in some different cards.

I'm routinely beating guys with troops I don't even have unlocked with a basic deck.  It definitely has a rock/paper/scissors aspect to it, so it's partially luck as to how well your army matches the opposition.

I have had fun with the Super Cell games. Played a lot of Clash of Clans and even Hay Day and finally uninstalled both after getting bored of them. I have not played much Boom Beach recently but will still visit once in a while. Saw Clash Royale yesterday and have been playing- it is fun. I like the tie in to Clash of Clans but being a total different game.

I am not understanding why they limit you how much you play though. I guess it is their way of trying to get you to pay for extra gems but I refuse to put down cash for a game like this so it just means I take breaks from it when I otherwise would be playing.

I seem to be doing well as I have only lost a few matches and mostly by losing one supporting tower and not getting wiped out- even though the opponent has guys I don't. Not sure if I just got lucky so far or the tactics come a bit more natural to me. A big reason I got bored of Clash of Clans was that it just seemed like I got destroyed either in offense or defense all the time. I couldn't figure out how others seemed to be better than me with the tactics.

It is pretty fun when the timer goes out, and the elixer storage fills faster.  I will just barage my opponent with low elixer troops, spear goblins, minions, Knight, arch, bomber.  Whatever pops up 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread