What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** The Division PC|PS4|XBONE (1 Viewer)

Corporation

Angry Bovine
Played the beta and really enjoyed it, already purchased the season pass.  You will need a full squad or two to avoid getting hammered in the Dark Zone.  Looks like a fun shooter with MMO concepts, and Ubisoft claims they won't be microtransactioning people to death.  By the way you can get 20% off the PC version going through GreenManGaming.  Code is Preorder20 and I think it is good through March 7.

Mumble information for PC guys:  Address 192.81.218.183 port 64738 Username - Whatever you want.  There is a TheDivision channel so just drop on in.

PC Players:

• Corporation - cooleyo
  • Mad Cow - LehiEyeGuy
  • BigSteelThrill - WillNotShare :)
PS4 Players:

• MoPaP -
  • Bucky86 - BeanDawgSmack
  • Borden - Bordman
XBONE Players:

• Frank Drebin -  WHFiveOH
  • TLEF - Tlef316
  • Orcinus - barking doxie
  • Madshot31 - o Madshot o
  • Rocklonemilk - SocialPoser
  • red93zj - cbrady9697
  • Moobin - steadymobbin22
  • SoCalBroncoFan - gmanx23
  • AcerFC - FC Acer
  • GAlmgren - Barley555
  • East Coast Bias - EastCoastBias08

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it coming for the campaign alone.  Could someone explain the muliplayer aspect?

Is this a grindy diablo type game just more military-based?  Games like Borderlands and Diablo aren't my style, so curious if this is not in my wheelhouse. 

A couple friends (who are roommates) that were in beta... said the PC version looks better and play smoother then the XBox version.

Is this a grindy diablo type game just more military-based?  Games like Borderlands and Diablo aren't my style, so curious if this is not in my wheelhouse. 
From what I played, it's Mass Effect combat (minus the crew) in New York after a toxin wiped out almost all of the population. It Destiny-like MMO. The story is pretty much single player unless you choose to team up. *In the beta I only saw people in the very first and very small area. There's a PvP arena called the dark zone. I haven't played any dark zone though so I can't comment on that. 

It wouldn't even consider it anything like Borderlands or Diablo. Definitely take a look at some of the beta videos on YouTube. Or whatever user made gameplay videos. Or just wait for a few of us to get it. 

From what I played, it's Mass Effect combat (minus the crew) in New York after a toxin wiped out almost all of the population. It Destiny-like MMO. The story is pretty much single player unless you choose to team up. *In the beta I only saw people in the very first and very small area. There's a PvP arena called the dark zone. I haven't played any dark zone though so I can't comment on that. 

It wouldn't even consider it anything like Borderlands or Diablo. Definitely take a look at some of the beta videos on YouTube. Or whatever user made gameplay videos. Or just wait for a few of us to get it. 
It's closer to Diablo than Destiny in that it is RPG based but it doesn't have the build complexities of Diablo.

Pre-ordered through Amazon Prime. Getting it tomorrow by 3pm. I'll be playing tomorrow night. Girlfriend is out of town this weekend, so I'll be playing pretty much non-stop Friday-Sunday. Hopefully some PS4 guys are able to hop on to get in some quality gaming action

Updated OP with gamer tags.  PC starts at 11 PM tonight.

Mad Cow - You can get gear running solo or co-op against the computer.  You can get better gear out of the PVP zone.  Let me know if you're playing, I've got some other friends in our mumble channel.

Different cut scene than the beta, much better (obviously).  Made it past the first 2 missions before they crashed, no idea if it saved the progress.  I'm done until tomorrow, hopefully it is fixed by then.

Mine crashed at the profile facemaking area, and I had to watch the opening cutscenes again. So far, I'm absolutely loving this game, and can't wait to roll with a group. I think I did three side missions tonight.

Mine crashed at the profile facemaking area, and I had to watch the opening cutscenes again. So far, I'm absolutely loving this game, and can't wait to roll with a group. I think I did three side missions tonight.

Mine also crashed the first time at the character creation, and you can't skip the cutscene.  Another friend had the same thing.  Ended up playing several side missions and doing the precinct mission as well, lots of fun. 

Just feels like Destiny to me but in a more relateable setting and no vehicle to get places faster.

GT on Xbox is "o Madshot o"

If you friend me please send a message saying your from DVDs because I get quite a few random friend request that are hard to distinguish from ransoms. Also Orc I guess I can take off your old gears GT from GoW2.

Any reviews?
Quite a good game so far. Solid gameplay similar to mobbins description of siphon filter meets mass effect. A ton of fun to play in coop but still solid experience in single player. Only about 4 hours in so far here so can't expand more.

Also, the matchmaking worked great to jump into friends games very simple and easy. Plus you can view other friends locations on the map when they aren't in your specific game instance, which is cool. 

Had the DVD sent via Amazon, figured it would speed up install.  Put it in, and the media is totally unrecognized. :hot:   Download all 32 GB it is, then.  Thanks, Ubisoft!

Had the DVD sent via Amazon, figured it would speed up install.  Put it in, and the media is totally unrecognized. :hot:   Download all 32 GB it is, then.  Thanks, Ubisoft!
Digital is always quicker than physical copies on Xbox. A tip for people to install off of disk is unplug the internet so it can install the base game off of physical and then turn on the net and download the updates afterwards. This will speed up the whole process a decent amount.

edit: didn't notice this was mad cow posting. Ignore my post since your on pc, but other console people it might help with.

I also really liked the fact that the game literally allowed you to start playing coop with your friends 2 minutes into the game. No bs intro crap that last a few hours before coop.

I just did a cool side mission where I track this lady down with surveillance footage (alot like something you'd do in Batman) and then see how some guys broke into her house.  The payoff wasn't very good (you don't have to attack anyone to save her), but it was different from the constant shooting.

Just like the Beta, the vast majority are friendly in the Dark-Zone.  And the rouge probably attacked by accident.

cockroach said:
Just like the Beta, the vast majority are friendly in the Dark-Zone.  And the rouge probably attacked by accident.
Didn't venture into the dark zone. Is this a positive or a negative in your opinion?

Got stuck at work til 9 tonight, so Best Buy was closed and I couldn't pick up my preorder. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Stupid fire alarm in my building. Was in the middle of playing and had to evacuate. :kicksrock:  enjoying it so far

NPCs are beyond worthless. Got flanked, spun around to return fire ... only to find out two of them conveniently moved into my shot.

Ded.

Didn't venture into the dark zone. Is this a positive or a negative in your opinion?

I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you just want to pay against NPC's with your friends, pick up cool gear and enjoy yourself, its fine. But if you were hoping the dark zone would be a different challenge and a bit more competitive, it kinda sucks IMO.

The balance was all off in the beta. They made it too tough to fight your way out of rogue status. And it wasn't tough because of the number of people you had to fight; it was tough because the damn timer would reset every single time you shot at someone. So the only way to really "win" was to find the world's best hiding spot and hope the other players weren't good enough/didn't care enough to force you to shoot back at them. It was also nearly impossible to survive Rogue status without at least 4 guys in your crew.

If they don't make PVP combat a worthwhile endeavor (meaning a proper chance of "success" for both singles and groups and good enough rewards to justify it) the dark zone becomes kinda worthless. Then its just an area with tougher NPC's that they could have just built into the natural flow of the main game.

Played the game for quite some time last night. Didn't play in the Dark Zone yet though. Just did  missions. It was definitely fun although I struggled to find a good gun. The assault rifle I found at level 4 is better than everything else I found at levels 5, 6 and 7. And every 2 minutes I get a message saying "One of my guns is below my current level". No ####. Now I'm on level 8 and there are a few available that would be an upgrade, but I didn't have the $$ to buy them yet. Hopefully tonight.

So is the game just a grind? Duck into cover, shoot the enemy in the head, walk a hundred feet and rinse and repeat? 

Are the the areas randomly generated? 

i haven't bought a game in awhile and this seems to be the "it" title to have. 

It's kinda grindy... it's fun though.  Looks and plays great.   It's NYC to a tee, so not randomly generated. 

So how do I get access to the supposed perks for the preorder, such as the M416 AR?  I have added it to my account with UPlay but I am still with the MP5, it would seem.  Just barely got up and running in the Safe House.

What guns are you using? I have the military rifle with a 4x acog scope and a silencer. Then an AK 47 as my run and gun close range weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread