What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twenty One Pilots - They're a Band (1 Viewer)

Big fan.  My daughter turned me on to them.  We've seen them live a couple times, will catch them again this summer.  Stunned how much more intense they are live, given how much of their sound is studio creation.  We've talked about our reaction when Stressed Out broke out as a radio hit, happy for them that they are becoming mainstream stars, and how our giddy reaction doesn't match the seriousness of the song.

My |-/ top five: Holding On To You, Trees, Car Radio, HeavyDirtySoul, Hometown.

They're fine, my wife likes them, I think they're very meh. There are about 5000 bands who need their own thread before they do though.

They've been playing the hell out of Stressed Out on the SoCal radio stations for many months now.  Didn't think much of it at first but damn that song grows on you.  Their other stuff is pretty good as well.  My kids love it.

They've were playing the hell out of these guys on the local alternative station for a while now. Then the top 40 station picked them up a few weeks ago. As others have said, I'm happy they're hitting the mainstream a bit. It's deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are much better live than on the radio. And the older stuff is all better than the song making the rounds now. I dug their show when I had no clue who they were so here's to them for cashing in. 

By the way, both guys in the band were raised in strict Christian families and are still Christian. 

Love them and seeing them in concert in a few months. Their first three albums where way better than the new one. 

Very interesting to see this thread - I have kids aged 18 and 13 and the 13-year-old girl is way into 21 Pilots. This is strange to me, because this is the first time that either kid has demonstrated what I consider to be very poor cultural taste. Until now, the shows they watch, the bands they like, have all been good - even if they're not my thing.

But I really don't get 21 Pilots. Stressed Out is a bad song to start with, then becomes hideous when the singer breaks it down into some horrible white guy rap.

Daughter is going with her friend to a concert in June. My wife has already offered to take the bullet as the adult chaperone.

Did that guy drop his keys in an airplane toilet and have to reach in there and grab them?

My 15yo daughter just got tickets to go see them this summer. Very popular with their demographic right now, but most likely a flash in the pan. Not really anything unique or original about them.  :shrug:

My 15yo daughter just got tickets to go see them this summer. Very popular with their demographic right now, but most likely a flash in the pan. Not really anything unique or original about them.  :shrug:
My 15yo daughter loves them too.  I don't get it. 

Seriously???

huh. Sounds very much like they're saying "good dope days". 
You're not wrong, he's says 'dope'. The official lyrics were likely changed so parents didn't freak out that it was glorifying drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread