What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Fictional Sporting Events (1 Viewer)

Yup, seems like it's Carter. Also since they all seemed to be on the same team - quick network check shows that Wonder Woman was on ABC for one season (1976-77), then moved to CBS. Barney Miller and Welcome Back, Kotter were also on ABC in 1976, so this was probably BOTN's first year in 1976.

Yeah, I'm a loser. 

I looked it up too :bag:

Better?

maxresdefault.jpg

You could say the movie is fictional but the sporting event is not fictional......

Breaking Away - From Wikipedia

The Little 500 bicycle race that forms the centerpiece of the plot is a real race held annually at Indiana University. A re-enactment of the race was staged for the film in the "old" Memorial Stadium on the IU campus, which was demolished in 1982, four years after shooting Breaking Away in the summer of 1978.

The team is based on the 1962 Phi Kappa Psi Little 500 champions, which featured legendary rider and Italian enthusiast Dave Blase, who provided screenwriter and fellow Phi Kappa Psi team member Steve Tesich the inspiration for the main character in the movie.
:oldunsure:   Golly, I'm a Phi Kappa Psi and I never even knew that.  :ph34r:

I declare that on the 12 day of March, in the year of our flying spaghetti monster 2016 Grateful Zed wins this thread.  And he is a officially a finalist for winning the internet.

So sayeth Chaka.

That one time that the cartoon Harlem Globetrotters almost lost, but used their superpowers in the 2nd half and made a game-winning shot at the buzzer.

Users who are viewing this thread