What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pet peeve (1 Viewer)

T J

Footballguy
I'm at a store with one register open. I get it 'cause there was only the person in front of me, but the person in front literally had like 50 items and I had 4. 

So while I'm waiting, the line behind me starts to stack up to maybe 5 people deep and the person in front of me has an issue that brings their transaction to a halt for a bit. The store finally opens another register and the employee says "I can help the next person in line". I've clearly waited the longest, but the people at the very end of the my line, who hadn't waited but maybe 30 seconds, jumps over and gets rang up immediately.

So playing off the "who's at fault" theme of the driving situation thread, who's at fault? The customers who jumped lines, knowing there were people in line much longer, or the employee for not taking literally, the next person in line? 

Wasn't a big deal, but that is indeed a pet peeve. When this happens and I have the opportunity to jump lines, I ask the people in front of me if they want to go first in the new line.

What day-to-day pet peeves you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at a store with one register open. I get it 'cause there was only the person in front of me, but the person in front literally had like 50 items and I had 4. 

So while I'm waiting, the line behind me starts to stack up to maybe 5 people deep and the person in front of me has an issue that brings their transaction to a halt for a bit. The store finally opens another register and the employee says "I can help the next person in line". I've clearly waited the longest, but the people at the very end of the my line, who hadn't waited but maybe 30 seconds, jumps over and gets rang up immediately.

So playing off the "who's at fault" theme of the driving situation thread, who's at fault? The customers who jumped lines, knowing there were people in line much longer, or the employee for not taking literally, the next person in line? 

Wasn't a big deal, but that is indeed a pet peeve. When this happens and I have the opportunity to jump lines, I ask the people in front of me if they want to go first in the new line.

What day-to-day pet peeves you got?
makes my blood boil just reading this

Just had about the same thing happen at a Dollar Tree, person 2 ahead of me had about 80 items then a second checkout finally opened around the end of that transaction with a manager who was manning a closed checkout line until then and the people behind me were scurrying to get to that other line.

Just had about the same thing happen at a Dollar Tree, person 2 ahead of me had about 80 items then a second checkout finally opened around the end of that transaction with a manager who was manning a closed checkout line until then and the people behind me were scurrying to get to that other line.
scurry like vermin

Cashier probably to blame rather than the people in line.  For whatever reason, seems like the cashier's opening up new lanes typically take the person off the end (back) of the line.  Not sure why, I guess because it's easier.  Just the luck of the draw.

If I am stacked behind and next in line I don't expect to be first on a new line...too many logistics.  For me, number 2 in line doesn't involve moving.

The second cashier doesn't care how long you've been waiting. They just want to get people through the line. Who ever gets there first is getting rung up.

The second cashier doesn't care how long you've been waiting. They just want to get people through the line. Who ever gets there first is getting rung up.
Where is the sense of justice?  Of doing right by people?  

Of common sense?
If several people move to the new line at the same time, the person waiting the longest should be allowed in front. Otherwise it's first come, first served. If you're getting out maneuvered by dollar store shoppers I don't have a lot of sympathy for you.

If several people move to the new line at the same time, the person waiting the longest should be allowed in front. Otherwise it's first come, first served. If you're getting out maneuvered by dollar store shoppers I don't have a lot of sympathy for you.
Heartless *******.

Everyone is at fault.  The 2nd cashier SHOULD pretty obviously see who was next in the original line and specifically tell you to come on over.  The people at the end of the line who scurry over there are scummy.

However, you are at the dollar store.  Everyone working there could give half a #### if they got fired that day cause they will just go get another minimum wage job tomorrow, and the people shopping there likely aren't the upper tier of society (not you, ur cool :excited: ), and aren't the type of people to care about who was first whether they just don't care or whether they just aren't smart enough to even realize what is going on. 

Therefore, the cashier is to blame for not allowing you to come over first (but her incompetence is to be expected), the other patrons are to blame for being scummy (but that is to be expected), and you are to blame for going to the dollar store in the first place. 

Blame everywhere

Everyone is at fault.  The 2nd cashier SHOULD pretty obviously see who was next in the original line and specifically tell you to come on over.  The people at the end of the line who scurry over there are scummy.

However, you are at the dollar store.  Everyone working there could give half a #### if they got fired that day cause they will just go get another minimum wage job tomorrow, and the people shopping there likely aren't the upper tier of society (not you, ur cool :excited: ), and aren't the type of people to care about who was first whether they just don't care or whether they just aren't smart enough to even realize what is going on. 

Therefore, the cashier is to blame for not allowing you to come over first (but her incompetence is to be expected), the other patrons are to blame for being scummy (but that is to be expected), and you are to blame for going to the dollar store in the first place. 

Blame everywhere
I hear you, but Dollar Tree admittedly serves its purpose. 

I know.  But you get what you pay for ya know.  I hit the dollar store and walmart on occasion, but can't really complain when this kinda stuff happens because I expect it to happen there.

I know.  But you get what you pay for ya know.  I hit the dollar store and walmart on occasion, but can't really complain when this kinda stuff happens because I expect it to happen there.
Like i said, it was no big deal and I get that it's to be expected, but it never fails to amaze me how people are sometimes. 

So what about #s 3, 4, 5..................all on the phone?
snoozing also.  If they see the guy waive over, I let them in from first.... I don't cut in front of them.  It's odd the many don't pay attention. I can't stand lines so I'm always looking for a faster way.

how the sun changes my office radio reception every year around this time

90% static on all channels until about 11 AM for the next few weeks.  then a decent window until late afternoon until all signal is lost for the remainder of the day.

how the sun changes my office radio reception every year around this time

90% static on all channels until about 11 AM for the next few weeks.  then a decent window until late afternoon until all signal is lost for the remainder of the day.
The sundial's okay though, right?  Like actual ota radio?

I worked the front of grocery stores for years through high school and college. Always, always, always approach the next person in line. Quietly tell them to follow you to the next register over. Start checking them out, then officially open that register for everyone else. 

That little bit of effort always resulted in huge customer satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
fat ##### on my commuter train who stuff their ginormous ####### pieholes with any number of early morning "delicacies" : chips, cheetos, tacos, chicken wings, ribs, etcetcetc.

and then have the courtesy to toss #### on the floor, after smacking their lips in sheer orgasmic pleasure. 

skanks, every last muthafudgin' one of them. 

of course, sign clearly states "no eating" ... but, yeah - gl with that.  another says "no smoking", but the second i blaze up i'd have a ####### S.W.A.T. team swarm on me like i was strapped with dynamite. 

fat ##### on my commuter train who stuff their ginormous ####### pieholes with any number of early morning "delicacies" : chips, cheetos, tacos, chicken wings, ribs, etcetcetc.

and then have the courtesy to toss #### on the floor, after smacking their lips in sheer orgasmic pleasure. 

skanks, every last muthafudgin' one of them. 

of course, sign clearly states "no eating" ... but, yeah - gl with that.  another says "no smoking", but the second i blaze up i'd have a ####### S.W.A.T. team swarm on me like i was strapped with dynamite. 
NYC?

mostly on the train into Jersey, and then the ones in Jersey. 

but i see it all over.  nary a shred of decorum, manners, pride - it's a ####### cesspool, and the Summer always cranks it up a couple dozen notches. 

:rant:
The general rule everyone should follow for public eating outside of designated areas

1. One handed quick snack ( energy bar, banana, etc)

2. Food consumed should make no noise

3. No hot or fragrant foods except in an open air environment.

The general rule everyone should follow for public eating outside of designated areas

1. One handed quick snack ( energy bar, banana, etc)

2. Food consumed should make no noise

3. No hot or fragrant foods except in an open air environment.
common courtesy and manners should dictate those, yes - but we are looooong down the road to IDGAF mentality by these cretins - and it's irreversible. 

Minor pet peeve: when people use a sandwich metaphor without understanding the naming conventions of sandwiches. Like if Bill, Ted, and Bill are sitting in a row and Ted says "look, I'm in a Bill sandwich." Wrong, Ted. The Bills are the bread in a Ted sandwich.

showed up this AM at the pool to get a swim in. 

early morning is usually quiet, but today there were more people than normal. i scan the pools (there are two, one short course and one long course) and i see a lane open in the long course pool. perfect. 

i put my towel down and head over to the bin to grab a kickboard, and i see a woman coming out of the locker room heading to ward the LC pool. a guy waiting on the wall shouts to her: "Hey Jane! Come over here and get in this lane (points to empty lane next to him) before that guy (points at me) gets in." 

while the open lane doesn't have my name on it, common courtesy implies "first come, first served" in terms of getting in the water. of course, she speed-walks over to the pool and hops in, and then spends five minutes adjusting her goggles, putting her hair up in her cap, stretching on the wall, and chatting it up with the doosher who called out to her. 

jerks. 

showed up this AM at the pool to get a swim in. 

early morning is usually quiet, but today there were more people than normal. i scan the pools (there are two, one short course and one long course) and i see a lane open in the long course pool. perfect. 

i put my towel down and head over to the bin to grab a kickboard, and i see a woman coming out of the locker room heading to ward the LC pool. a guy waiting on the wall shouts to her: "Hey Jane! Come over here and get in this lane (points to empty lane next to him) before that guy (points at me) gets in." 

while the open lane doesn't have my name on it, common courtesy implies "first come, first served" in terms of getting in the water. of course, she speed-walks over to the pool and hops in, and then spends five minutes adjusting her goggles, putting her hair up in her cap, stretching on the wall, and chatting it up with the doosher who called out to her. 

jerks. 
I would have waited to follow the guy back in the the locker room and blow dry my bush while giving him the stink eye

Users who are viewing this thread