What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official** Rams lawsuit thread, 11/24/21 St. Louis settles for a lousy 790 Million (1 Viewer)

St. Louis Bob

Footballguy
11/25/19 Missouri's high court says NFL owners' phone records are fair game in fight over Rams

10/9/19  The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to halt lower court rulings that would allow for a trial in St. Louis' relocation lawsuit against the Los Angeles Rams.

9/13/19 Kroenke, Rams, NFL to appeal relocation lawsuit to U.S. Supreme Court    :lmao:   :popcorn:

8/20/19 Rams fans can get 25% back on years of tickets and merchandise under class action settlement

6/24/19 Judge approves settlement in St. Louis Rams PSL lawsuit

ETA 2/27/19 Did you buy St. Louis Rams gear before the team moved to L.A.? Judge approves class action suit

ETA 12/5/18 24 Million to PSL holders

ETA 11/27/18 It's a deal: Rams settle PSL lawsuit

ETA 10/12/18 Appeals court again rejects arbitration in Rams lawsuit

ETA 9/22/16 Rams must provide season tickets or refunds on deposits for St. Louis PSLs, judge rules

ETA on 3/24 to add epic concussion cover up.   Again, neat league.

First they admit they were looking to move since 2013.

Q: How did you first become interested in the Hollywood Park site?

Kroenke: In the summer of 2013, I really started looking hard. I knew the general lay of the land in Inglewood. To me, there was one obvious place, and it had been approved previously by the NFL: Hollywood Park.

I didn't know if it would be put together or not. But I started looking. I was driving around at 5:30 a.m. That's what real estate developers do.

Q: Why were you up so early?

Kroenke: That's the best time because the traffic isn't out, so you can get around quickly. I started looking at different sites to make sure I had them in my head. What do they look like? What could be done? How does the long term look for the areas? And when you drive up to Hollywood Park, it's a great site.

Q: Kevin, do you remember getting that early-morning call from Stan?

Demoff: There are moments in your life you never forget. I was standing by the window in my office [in St. Louis] and Stan called. ... I remember he said, "This is an unbelievable site."

This was all denied by Demoff in January of 2015 as "there's no secret plan to move".

This came out yesterday.  Video mysteriously taken down.

The relocation application was do in the first week in January. Either thankfully or not thankfully, we went on a four-game losing streak in the middle of November (smile from Demoff and laughter from the crowd), so we went from being in the playoff hunt and having a seed to woefully out of the the playoff hunt, which allowed us a little more time to talk about this (pointing to the Los Angeles presentation on the screen behind him) and put this together.”

No doubt in my mind they purposely lost games over the years.  Pieces of garbage.

I want the money back I've spent on ST 2013-15 and the money the City of STL spent trying to keep the Rams here, at their encouragement.   Not sure what the max penalty could be for throwing games, purposely putting bad teams on the field, but that would be gravy.

Neat league.

ETA on 3/24 to add epic concussion cover up.  Again, neat league.

St. Louis judge allows plaintiffs to obtain financial records from Kroenke, others in Rams lawsuit

NFL, Rams Could Face $1 Billion Settlement in St. Louis Relocation Lawsuit

‘This behavior just cannot go on’: St. Louis judge fines NFL owners for missing deadline

Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke angers NFL owners with financial pivot related to lawsuit on St. Louis move

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up an LA Rams fan and was a season ticket holder for several years in Anaheim and I've always thought Georgia Frontiere did the same thing to get the Rams out of LA.  That and she killed Carroll Rosenbloom to get control of the team.

Meanwhile, Kroenke is up for a "Sports Executive of the Year" award.

You know, this dooshbag c***sucker.

kroenke1.jpg

To the business world, that is the face of greatness. To anyone else with a soul, that is a c***sucker.

Interesting.  I'm happy for Los Angeles but still sad for St. Louis.  Thanks for posting this, Bob. 
You're welcome and thanks GB.   

As I posted a dozen times in the SP, the Rams had every right to move according to the terms of the lease.  However selling tickets while quite possibly tanking games to then pose the national narrative that STL just isn't capable of supporting the NFL is bull####.  Not to mention the way they encouraged to city to spend millions as if with the right proposal, they would stay.  This organization did everything they could to make the game day experience miserable for years.  #### them.

As a fan that lost his team once (North Stars) I understand where you are coming from. That being said, do you have any evidence of questionable moves they made in order to tank? If they were trying to tank, they sucked at it because they won more games than a lot of teams did. 

As a fan that lost his team once (North Stars) I understand where you are coming from. That being said, do you have any evidence of questionable moves they made in order to tank? If they were trying to tank, they sucked at it because they won more games than a lot of teams did. 
The fact that the team president said with a big smile that thankfully,( or oops, not thankfully) they lost 4 games in a row and didn't make the playoffs to give them more time to move?

St. Louis' own Stan Kroenke.

Its one thing for some out of towner to do this, but for a St.Louis native to pull this off... :X

Goodell is now just rubbing our face in it now.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-hbo-hard-knocks-20160323-story.html

"Everybody we’ve talked to that’s gone through the process has found it to be enjoyable," Demoff said. "That’s one of the reasons we volunteered to be part of 'Hard Knocks.' We really thought this could help our franchise get off to a successful start."

Because apparently your franchise was in the ####### wilderness all these years.

Goodell is now just rubbing our face in it now.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-hbo-hard-knocks-20160323-story.html

"Everybody we’ve talked to that’s gone through the process has found it to be enjoyable," Demoff said. "That’s one of the reasons we volunteered to be part of 'Hard Knocks.' We really thought this could help our franchise get off to a successful start."

Because apparently your franchise was in the ####### wilderness all these years.
I heard about this today and it makes me happy. 

At least with the Packers, I don't have to worry about some rich bunghole moving them to Toronto or London or China or some stupid ####. Fan-owned...what a concept!

Before Rams in STL: Packers fan

During Rams in STL: Rams fan with soft spot for Packers

After Rams in STL: Packers fan

Was a Big Red Fan then went Atlanta/Minnesota after they left.  Had ST every year Rams were here.  Done with the NFL except for gambling purposes.  Screw them.  Play another "Because we're family" commercial pudsuckers.

You're welcome and thanks GB.   

As I posted a dozen times in the SP, the Rams had every right to move according to the terms of the lease.  However selling tickets while quite possibly tanking games to then pose the national narrative that STL just isn't capable of supporting the NFL is bull####.  Not to mention the way they encouraged to city to spend millions as if with the right proposal, they would stay.  This organization did everything they could to make the game day experience miserable for years.  #### them.
Tanking a season to move out of town...where have I seen that before?

In N.F.L., Deeply Flawed Concussion Research and Ties to Big Tobacco

Some retired players have likened the N.F.L.’s handling of its health crisis to that of the tobacco industry, which was notorious for using questionable science to play down the dangers of cigarettes.

Concussions can hardly be equated with smoking, which kills 1,300 people a day in the United States, and The Times has found no direct evidence that the league took its strategy from Big Tobacco. But records show a long relationship between two businesses with little in common beyond the health risks associated with their products.

In a letter to The Times, a lawyer for the league said, “The N.F.L. is not the tobacco industry; it had no connection to the tobacco industry,” which he called “perhaps the most odious industry in American history.”

Still, the records show that the two businesses shared lobbyists, lawyers and consultants. Personal correspondence underscored their friendships, including dinner invitations and a request for lobbying advice.

In 1997, to provide legal oversight for the committee, the league assigned Dorothy C. Mitchell, a young lawyer who had earlier defended the Tobacco Institute, the industry trade group. She had earned the institute’s “highest praise” for her work.

A co-owner of the Giants, Preston R. Tisch, also partly owned a leading cigarette company, Lorillard, and was a board member of both the Tobacco Institute and the Council for Tobacco Research, two entities that played a central role in misusing science to hide the risks of cigarettes.

The N.F.L.’s concussion committee began publishing its findings in 2003 in the medical journal Neurosurgery. Although the database used in the studies contained numerical codes for teams and players, The Times decoded it by cross-referencing team schedules and public injury reports.

The N.F.L.’s concussion studies have faced questions since they were published, but even the league’s harshest critics have never suggested, and no evidence has ever arisen, that the underlying data set could be so faulty.

“One of the rules of science is that you need to have impeccable data collection procedures,” said Bill Barr, a neuropsychologist who once worked for the Jets and who has in the past criticized the committee’s work.

By excluding so many concussions, Mr. Barr said, “You’re not doing science here; you are putting forth some idea that you already have.”

According to the research papers, team physicians were to fill out forms specially designed for the studies to submit information about concussions — a system that went well beyond the league’s standard injury-reporting protocols. In one paper, the committee wrote, “The Commissioner of the N.F.L. mandated all team physicians to complete and return forms whenever they examined a player with a head injury.”

But after The Times described how it had identified missing concussions, the N.F.L. said this week that the studies, in fact, “never purported” to include all concussions.

Teams were “not mandated” to participate, the league said, only “strongly encouraged.” And some teams, a spokesman said, “did not take the additional steps of supplying the initial and/or follow-up forms.” He did not explain why some teams had not included all concussions identified by medical personnel.

The league explained, as did the papers, that some concussions went undiagnosed in the first place because players are known to occasionally hide their symptoms of concussion from team doctors; that symptoms of concussion can be so brief that no one notices; and that doctors might have used different criteria to make concussion diagnoses.

But the vast majority of omitted concussions identified by The Times were included in the N.F.L.’s public injury reports, meaning that medical staffs had made the diagnoses and reported them to the league. Some of the omitted concussions were reported by the teams to the news media after a game but do not appear on the injury reports, presumably because the player’s status for the next game was not in doubt.

The database does not include any concussions involving the Dallas Cowboys for all six seasons, including four to Mr. Aikman that were listed on the N.F.L.’s official midweek injury reports or were widely reported in the news media. He and many other players were therefore not included when the committee analyzed the frequency and lasting effects of multiple concussions.

Several other teams have no concussions listed for years at a time. Yet the committee’s calculations did include hundreds of those teams’ games played during that period, which produced a lower overall concussion rate.

Neat league

And yet, people want to take what they have to say about Deflategate as gospel. Weird.

The Rams-Michael Sam draft story that came out (ha!) today has to make you even more skeptical of anything this league does.

And yet, people want to take what they have to say about Deflategate as gospel. Weird.

The Rams-Michael Sam draft story that came out (ha!) today has to make you even more skeptical of anything this league does.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the NFL is nothing but a cartel.

Looks like nobody here or the national media really cares.  Guess the headline should be changed to Democrats/Republicans deliberately cover up injuries and deaths for profit!! and then it would garner some attention.

Keyshawn Johnson interviewed Fisher on the radio a couple of days ago.

Fisher:  "You know, I was very fortunate, I took the year off in 11.  I was very fortunate to have some options and, you know, I decided on LA, or St. Louis at the time, knowing that there was going to be a pending move."

6:10 mark

This might be the easiest lawsuit ever thanks to these nitwits. :thumbup:

Keyshawn Johnson interviewed Fisher on the radio a couple of days ago.

Fisher:  "You know, I was very fortunate, I took the year off in 11.  I was very fortunate to have some options and, you know, I decided on LA, or St. Louis at the time, knowing that there was going to be a pending move."

6:10 mark

This might be the easiest lawsuit ever thanks to these nitwits. :thumbup:
This might also explain why the Rams seemed so reluctant to can Fisher.

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Last 15 drives in Rams-49ers game (excluding kneeldown)

Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Fumble 

Maybe we should be thanking Stan Kroenke for liberating St. Louis from the Rams. It's nice to not feel ashamed for the NFL team I support.

Users who are viewing this thread