What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are the most obnoxious sports fans? (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Every team, professional and college, has its share of obnoxious fans. But some teams manage to bring out the absolute worst more often than the others: rude, cocky, uninformed fans who like to rub in their team's success, make excuses for bad behavior, and generally try to be as annoying as possible. 

In recent years my own vote for this dishonor is actually a tie between: 

1. New England Patriots fans

2. Ohio State Buckeyes fans

Who do you vote for? 

Futbol fans in general. They assassinate their own team's players when the screw up and beat the crap out of each other in bars over regular season games. They're nuts.

Futbol fans in general. They assassinate their own team's players when the screw up and beat the crap out of each other in bars over regular season games. They're nuts.
I wasn't even considering European fans- whole other category. 

Boston fans and it ain't close.  They are the diva wide receivers Trumps of fandom, all puffy and cocky with no ability for humility.  

UCLA/USC homers who didn't even go to school there.
As a guy who lived in LA, god yes, but at least for football I understood. They didn't have anyone else to root for, so SC and UCLA were the "city" team.

Last edited by a moderator:
fans that root for the teams that you are most jealous of
Pretty much this. Its a regional thing. For instance, the Gophers suck at nearly all men's sports, so the Ohio St fans dont bother me in the least. Packer fans are fat, ugly, drunk and obnoxious. 

Side note: I actually find Patriot haters to be more obnoxious than their fans. 

Every team, professional and college, has its share of obnoxious fans. But some teams manage to bring out the absolute worst more often than the others: rude, cocky, uninformed fans who like to rub in their team's success, make excuses for bad behavior, and generally try to be as annoying as possible. 

In recent years my own vote for this dishonor is actually a tie between: 

1. New England Patriots fans

2. Ohio State Buckeyes fans

Who do you vote for? 
Boston.

Special kind of ######## resides there...

This has been done to death. The guys who go on and on and on about how "all fans of x team are stupid idiots!" are far more obnoxious than anyone. 

I am disappointed tim would start a thread encouraging stereotypes.

Boston fans are the worst real fans.

With Cowboys, Yankees etc I think the hate is for bandwagon fans in general.

As far as actual lifelong fans from the area, it's Boston and nobody else is close.

I wasn't even considering European fans- whole other category. 
The Euros are tame when compared the South American fans.  Going to a game in Argentina will make you feel like you are attending something other than a sporting event.

Here is an example

Note, I don't consider this obnoxious, I think it is awesome but it is not for everyone.

I won't say they are obnoxious but the most annoying to me are the Atlanta Brave fans doing the tomahawk chop chant

Boston fans.

They cry like theyre the scrappy little underdogs while their teams win championships in all major sports and blame the Yankees while their team doles out 200+ million dollar contracts

Boston fans.

They cry like theyre the scrappy little underdogs while their teams win championships in all major sports and blame the Yankees while their team doles out 200+ million dollar contracts
Exactly right.  And they act like the sports world revolves around them like they are NY, LA, or Chicago.  Boston has fewer people than El Paso.

Exactly right.  And they act like the sports world revolves around them like they are NY, LA, or Chicago.  Boston has fewer people than El Paso.
I dont mind their passion and loyalty to their fans at all, but I just don't like the "poor us" attitude about everything.  

I get an extra large dose of it being on the Yankee/Red Sox border line so maybe it's just around here but you can't sit the fence between being the little sisters of the poor and buying top dollar free agents. 

The Yankee fans are annoying too and they do a lot of the same spending but at least their fans own it, which makes it slightly less annoying. 

Users who are viewing this thread