What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Laurinaitis and the New Orleans LB situation (1 Viewer)

onionsack

Footballguy
A lot of talk on the Saints board that Laurinaitis could man the middle and bump Anthony to SAM. Laurinaitis had a pretty miserable year (2nd to last in PFF's LB ratings) but he was dealing with an elbow injury and is still only 29. He's generally extremely durable, cerebral and gets the defense lined up where they're supposed to be, but lacks the athleticism to be much of an impact LB at this point. Anthony has plenty of athleticism but was in over his head last year when asked to marshal the defense and clearly struggled in coverage. I don't think anyone would be surprised to see the Saints spend a high pick in the draft on an OLB as well, so what's the sense on how this LB situation is going to shake out? 

I think we will have to wait until the draft to see where everyone will line up.

If I had to say were I think they are at right now. Laurinaitis(WLB) Anthony(MLB) Kikaha(SLB) but Laurinaitis could move to SLB with Kikaha moving to de in some packages. Also Ellerbe is still there at WLB.

Anthony is the one to own here.

NO defensive coach on the radio seemed to talk about Robertson in the middle too. Maybe they are going to be a 3-4 this year.

It's a mess and now and there is talk they will take a LBer in round 1. Smith and let him sit a year.

I'm curious for thoughts on Davis Tull? he's currently flagged as a SLB and further down the depth chart currently, but I think his traits are more suited for a WLB role... with a strong camp I think he could push Ellerbe down the depth chart? 

I'm curious for thoughts on Davis Tull? he's currently flagged as a SLB and further down the depth chart currently, but I think his traits are more suited for a WLB role... with a strong camp I think he could push Ellerbe down the depth chart? 

Users who are viewing this thread