Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
bostonfred

Will fuller dynasty and redraft prospect

START WITH CONFIDENCE! 6/170/2!

Oh, this isn't the Gordon thread and Soulfly3 has left? 

Fuller, our SP turns its lonely eyes to you. 

Whoo.

whoo. whoo.  whoo.

@Rapsheet

#Texans WR Will Fuller (hamstring) is not expected to play today, source said. They’ll miss him today.

He would have been impossible to trust in my lineup this week for a playoff match up.  

At least Bill O'Brien and company didn't pull any fast game plans where they dress him as a decoy for five-ten plays with no intention of getting him the ball. 

I do know one thing about Fuller, and that's that his ADP should drop precipitously, though as Dr. Dan would probably point out, soft muscle issues usually follow ACL tears.  

As a fuller owner I am happy as this makes my flex decision a little easier.

As a Watson owner I am less than thrilled.

2 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

As a Watson owner I am less than thrilled.

I stack both these guys in the league I'm doing the best in (love having drafted Watson early in a 6 pt. pass TD league. Totally worth it.) and feel the same way you do.

They're talking about how Fuller draws two guys right now and how it affects their offense. 

I'm bummed.  He doesn't have the greatest of hands, nor is he the most healthy, but he seems to affect that offense a whole heck of a lot. 

21 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Picked up Tyrrell W as a one week replacement, his last decent matchup of the year.

Oof. I roster this guy in one and it's been nothing but downhill the past three weeks. He gets Tennessee, right? That's not too easy...

Edited by rockaction

11 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I stack both these guys in the league I'm doing the best in (love having drafted Watson early in a 6 pt. pass TD league. Totally worth it.) and feel the same way you do.

They're talking about how Fuller draws two guys right now and how it affects their offense. 

I'm bummed.  He doesn't have the greatest of hands, nor is he the most healthy, but he seems to affect that offense a whole heck of a lot. 

Oof. I roster this guy in one and it's been nothing but downhill the past three weeks. He gets Tennessee, right? That's not too easy...

That is definitely something that happens. Watching the games live we often are talking about where the safeties are going before the play. They double up Fuller before they'll double up Hopkins a lot of the time.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rockaction said:

27th rank vs. the pass this year.  Like I said a one week rental in best ball.

Edited by Leroy Hoard

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

27th rank vs. the pass this year.  Like I said a one week rental in best ball.

Yep. Not second-guessing either. I just roster the guy and he's distinctly found my bench. If Jacobs doesn't go, somebody has to earn touches and it may very well be Williams.  

• Like 1

Will Fuller (hamstring) remained limited at Wednesday's practice.

Fuller was limited throughout the week and surprisingly ruled out prior to Houston's no-show against the Broncos. This matchup, however, is a must-win tilt against a divisional foe, laying greater odds for Fuller to inevitably suit up. Kenny Stills and Keke Coutee would be in line for additional reps if Fuller misses his second straight contest. He would be a boom-or-bust WR2 if healthy.

SOURCE: Houston Texans PR on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 4:54 PM ET

Speaking after Thursday's practice, Will Fuller (hamstring) said he's "feeling good."

"Just keep practicing and working on my timing and make sure everything feels good," was Fuller's response when asked what he needs to do to return against the Titans. Fuller seemed reasonably close to suiting up in Week 14. It's a reasonable bet he will be out there for this all-important divisional tilt. He will be a WR3 with WR1 upside if he gets the green light.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 5:47 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Will Fuller (hamstring) will be able to play in Week 15 against the Titans.

The Texans are "optimistic" he'll play barring any pregame setbacks. Fuller himself mentioned earlier this week he was "feeling good" and merely limited in practice to ensure he was ready for this must-win divisional bout against Tennessee. It's great news for Houston's offense as a whole since Deshaun Watson has averaged 8.56 yards per attempt and an elite 10.0 average depth of target in Fuller's nine starts and just 6.9 YPA and a 7.6 aDOT in four games sans the speedy wideout this year. Adoree' Jackson's (knee) absence along the perimeter plants both DeAndre Hopkins and Fuller in soft on-paper spots in Week 15's highest projected total (51).

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 14, 2019, 11:57 PM ET

Anyone rolling him out there on this news, and if so, over who? 

Seems risky with chances of hammy flare up, but then again, it doesn’t take many catches for this guy to make your week.

Edited by Johnny Utah #9

5 hours ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

Anyone rolling him out there on this news, and if so, over who? 

Seems risky with chances of hammy flare up, but then again, it doesn’t take many catches for this guy to make your week.

I'm in best ball and he has the highest ceiling of what I have.

If you need a ceiling play to win, he can provide it. He can also drop 2 TD passes and pull a hammy, true boom or bust play.

Never again with this clown. Dude has the softest tissue in the history of soft tissue

I knew the risks (left him on the bench last week even though I needed to go for high upside) but figured "if not this matchup....then why did I draft him?". And of course, he pulls up lame in the 2nd quarter.

:ptts:

Edited by TLEF316
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

On my do not draft ever list. Complete glass 

Cannot draft as a fantasy redraft or keeper asset. Just can't do it.  

3 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

On my do not draft ever list. Complete glass 

Yup Mr. Glass probably cost me two chips this year. Unfortunate waste of Lamar by me.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Will Fuller (groin) is "headed in the right direction" to play in Saturday's Wild Card game against Buffalo.

O'Brien said it's too early to make a determination on Fuller's status, though he appears to be progressing well ahead of Houston's playoff opener, slated for 4:30 PM ET on Saturday. One of the league's premier separators when healthy (unfortunately a rare occurrence), Fuller would bring a sorely-needed downfield presence to Houston's receiving stable. The Texans will need as much firepower as they can muster against one of the league's top secondaries.

SOURCE: Sarah Barshop on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 11:29 AM ET

Coach Bill O'Brien said WR Will Fuller will be a game-time decision for the Texans' Wild Card matchup against the Bills.

Deshaun Watson would certainly benefit from getting his ace field-stretching WR back in the lineup. Overall, Watson has averaged 8.69 YPA and a 7.1% TD rate in 22 games with Fuller compared to 6.99 YPA and a 3.9% TD rate in 17 games without. The offense will move forward with DeAndre Carter and Keke Coutee as their No. 3 WR if Fuller remains sidelined.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:30 PM ET

NFL Network's James Palmer reports Will Fuller (groin) is a "real long shot" for Saturday's Wild Card game against the Bills.

Coach Bill O'Brien had previously labeled Fuller a "game-time decision," but Palmer doesn't expect to see him in uniform Saturday. Fuller got in limited practice work this week but apparently his injured groin isn't quite there yet. It's a huge blow for a Houston offense that is thin on pass-catching talent outside of DeAndre Hopkins, who draws a tough assignment against Pro Bowler Tre'Davious White. With Fuller likely shelved, look for Hopkins and Kenny Stills to work out wide with one of Keke Coutee or DeAndre Carter manning the slot against Buffalo.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Jan 2, 2020, 4:01 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Will Fuller (questionable, groin) is not expected to play in Saturday's Wild Card game against the Bills.

Fuller remains a game-time decision, but it'd be a surprise if he plays at this point. Houston will go with Keke Coutee and DeAndre Carter in the slot with him likely out. Fuller is two weeks into a three-week injury. He should return for the Divisional Round if the Texans advance.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 4, 2020, 9:04 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Texans expect Will Fuller (groin) to return for the Divisional Round.

This falls in line with previous reports. Fuller couldn't get cleared for the Wild Card round but he'll be a full three weeks removed from his groin injury for next Sunday's matchup with the Chiefs. Getting Fuller back is great news for Deshaun Watson. Fuller's presence should also open up mid-range targets for DeAndre Hopkins.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 5, 2020, 10:13 AM ET

He is just like young Isaac Bruce and unless he marries an Olympian and gets a personal nutritionist and trainer it's just gonna keep happening.  I know that's unrealistic and I'm exaggerating but I can't believe he doesn't meet with he and his wife and chat. Bruce is always saying he loves helping athletes and how much they do. Fuller has no clue how to properly tend to his explosive ability and it's identical. That was a big story when Bruce was young, when he married her, and when he retired. Torry Holt talked about this on TV the other day too. It's over every common man's head, but he's gotta sync up with some famous athletes that were also blessed with that ability and learn from them.

Henry was talking to CJ and Eddie George about his hammy. I see Andre Johnson on TV at Texans games....cmon Fuller, talk to a veteran and change whatever to stop this.

Edited by Bri

3 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

How many snaps before he gets hurt again?

Crossing my fingers he's healthy and makes a meaningful impact throughout the game.  When he's out there, the Texans offense is a different beast and plays open up.  They need a healthy Fuller if they want any chance to upset KC.

NFL Network's James Palmer reports Will Fuller (questionable, groin) will play Sunday "unless anything crazy happens between now and game time."

Texans coach Bill O'Brien called Fuller a game-time decision for Sunday's matchup against the Chiefs. Deshaun Watson would certainly benefit from getting his ace field-stretching WR back in the lineup. Overall, Watson has averaged 8.69 YPA and a 7.1% TD rate in 22 games with Fuller compared to 6.99 YPA and a 3.9% TD rate in 17 games without. Kenny Stills would move into the slot for three-WR sets if Fuller is ultimately active.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Jan 10, 2020, 3:20 PM ET

Will Fuller (questionable, groin) said he's "still bothered" by his groin injury.

Fuller is a game-time decision but is expected to play barring any setbacks. That doesn't mean he'll be 100 percent after sitting the last three weeks. Fuller's snaps and effectiveness are a concern for the Divisional Round, but his presence should open things up for Deshaun Watson.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

Jan 10, 2020, 6:03 PM ET

Will Fuller (groin) is active for Sunday's Divisional Round game against the Chiefs.

He'll return to the fold after missing the previous two games with a bum groin. Fuller admitted he won't be 100 percent, but even as a decoy, the threat of his field-stretching prowess is a huge plus for the entire Texans offense. S Jahleel Addae, TE Jordan Akins, CB Cornell Armstrong, WR Steven Mitchell, OT Elijah Nkansah, NT Eddie Vanderdoes and DE Carlos Watkins round out Houston's inactives for Sunday's Divisional Round tilt at Arrowhead.

SOURCE: Houston Texans PR on Twitter

Jan 12, 2020, 1:38 PM ET

Will Fuller underwent sports hernia surgery.

Fuller needed to repair a groin injury that slowed him down at times during the 2019 season. Fuller has been electric and a true difference-maker when healthy but his soft-tissue injuries have made him a boom-or-bust asset. The speedy receiver has vowed to investigate these soft-tissue problems this offseason. Hopefully Fuller can have a fully healthy training camp.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

Jan 25, 2020, 5:19 PM ET

19 minutes ago, Faust said:

Will Fuller underwent sports hernia surgery.

Absolutely figured this. I thought it might be a tear in his hammy, tough. I almost knew dead certain he was having surgery.

Still can't shake the fact that he's been injured quite often in his career. Love the speed factor in that offense, can't have him on the team. 

I keep holding. I remember Isaac Bruce having soft tissue problems early in his career. He eventually got things figured out. If Fuller ever does, he's a WR1/2.

if he sticks around the WR40ish ranking that i see him at on early 2020 draft sheets... he's going to be on my team again next year.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:22 AM, Black and Gold said:

I keep holding. I remember Isaac Bruce having soft tissue problems early in his career. He eventually got things figured out. If Fuller ever does, he's a WR1/2.

I am counting on this too. When he's on the field, he's one hard guy to stop. Let's hope next year will be the one he can play fully healthy. I think at least he will be doing everything he can do to stop the cycle of getting hurt.

Speaking Tuesday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Will Fuller (sports-hernia surgery) is "doing great." 

It's the closest thing we've gotten to an update on Fuller since he went under the knife in January. The Texans' actions have spoken louder than words when it comes to Fuller, as trading DeAndre Hopkins would have been even less likely if Fuller's recovery was not going smoothly. Now the closest thing the Texans have to a No. 1 wideout, Fuller's field-stretching ability will be needed more than ever with Hopkins no longer there to command bracket coverage.   

SOURCE: Sarah Barshop on Twitter 

Apr 16, 2020, 3:27 PM ET

32 minutes ago, Faust said:

Now the closest thing the Texans have to a No. 1 wideout,

It's a Fuller thread, I know, but the Cooks disrespect at RW is out of control.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jtd13 said:

Probably because he's one hit away from never playing again.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Faust said:

Now the closest thing the Texans have to a No. 1 wideout,

3 hours ago, jtd13 said:

Because they are calling Fuller the #1? If so the opinion you have is similar to opinion I had about Fuller's disrespect the night  Cooks got traded and people assumed he was the #1. I said as much in the Cooks thread the night he got traded.  I  did not call Fuller the #1 and still really won't but think and thought then it was something more or less up for debate, they seemed like similar players to me. I got some pushback on that and since that time I've been seeing Cooks go several rounds before Fuller in redrafts so general fantasy community certainly seems to have jumped on conclusion Cooks is the #1.

So a few days later when I saw a Texans beat writer on the Athletic taking questions in a Q&A I asked him.  Here was that part of the  question I asked and response I got back below. I'm going to just say this is one beat writers opinion. Don't have to agree. But it goes back to what I'm saying about I don't think Cooks should be assumed as the #1, and probably not Fuller either though I personally put a higher value on him.  Anyway my question is in bold the answer from the beat writer Aaron Reiss follows and here is the link: Texans mailbag

Who do you consider the Texans’ No. 1 WR, or would you say they don’t have one?

I’d say Fuller is the No. 1 receiver, but given his injury history, it’s reasonable to assume there could be a handful of games in which Cooks is the top wideout. Given the Texans are likely to spread the ball around more without DeAndre Hopkins, maybe David Johnson leads the team in targets. O’Brien is clearly a big believer in the running back, who received 120 targets during his 2016 All-Pro season.

Edited by menobrown

Posted (edited)

I'd say the guy with 4 1000 yard seasons and significantly more time being the WR defenses focus most on a team is the likely number 1. I like Fuller's ceiling and he has certainly flashed, but Cooks definitely has more experience as a number 1, and has been successful in that role.

ETA- perhaps I am nitpicking, just seems like they want to take potshots at Cooks whenever possible. I'm not a huge Cooks fan, but his resume looks a lot more like a #1 WR than Fuller's. 

13 hours ago, Shawnky said:

Probably because he's one hit away from never playing again.

He's not really much closer to any other player from never playing again, as far as you or I or the guy writing roto blurbs knows. 

Edited by jtd13
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, jtd13 said:

He's not really much closer to any other player from never playing again, as far as you or I or the guy writing roto blurbs knows. 

I think you should look into his concussion history.

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports the Texans remain "encouraged" by Will Fuller's (core muscle surgery) progress in rehab.

Wilson adds that Fuller has resumed running and is making "steady progress" in his recovery. There have been few updates from the team regarding Fuller's surgery to repair two tears in his core muscle from January, but both (including Bill O'Brien's statement that the 26-year-old is "doing great") have been positive spins. Set to partake in his first year without All-Pro DeAndre Hopkins along the opposite sideline, it's clearly of the utmost importance that Fuller enter Houston's season opener with an immaculate bill of health.

May 22, 2020, 12:17 PM ET