What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (3 Viewers)

Fuller is a career high if healthy guy every year. I'm targeting him again at his ADP in redraft. Again, I can't believe it. This guy is getting to be like Josh Gordon. Okay, nobody is like Gordon, but...
I would not. I actually have him as my keeper in one league, but that only costs me a 9th round pick, whereas he's going at the 7/8 turn in adp.

At that point I actually like Brandin Cooks more.

During my drafts this year, there will be sticky note on the corner of my computer screen. It will say "Let someone else draft Will Fuller"

Been screwed by this kid and his tissue paper hamstrings one time too many. 

Of course, this will be the year that he stays healthy and scores like 15 tds

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not. I actually have him as my keeper in one league, but that only costs me a 9th round pick, whereas he's going at the 7/8 turn in adp.

At that point I actually like Brandin Cooks more.
In a keeper league he's going to go 4th or 5th rd though. He's definitely an option to keep as a boom/bust.

at his current ADP, there are few WR with more upside. sign me up... again. even more excited than i was last year to take him

During my drafts this year, there will be sticky note on the corner of my computer screen. It will say "Let someone else draft Will Fuller"
You got a Xerox machine for that post-it?  Swear I wouldn't get duped again. If he falls into the eighth for some reason, though, I think I might take a chance. 

Man, Fuller has been a rough own in dynasty. Just last year I kept rolling him out the 1st month, finally benched him, watched him go for 50 on my bench, played him the next week and saw him drop 3 TDs. Got over it by week 16 to roll him out in the championship game, only to see him leave with a pulled groin on the 1st freaking drive. 

Despite that, I probably won't be able to help myself adding him in even more leagues. There's just too much upside for the cost, and I'm a sucker for injury buy-lows. 

31% target share and getting the short and midfield targets I expected to be schemed for Cobb...who knows if what we saw tonight carries forward but it sure looks like if Fuller is healthy he won’t live and die by the deep ball all the time anymore. 

He looked bigger and less twitched up after the catch then in the past to be honest, not as blazing fast, but other than a drop or two looked pretty good. 

Will Fuller caught 8-of-10 targets for 112 yards in the Texans' Week 1 loss to the Chiefs Thursday night.

In the Texans' first game post-DeAndre Hopkins, Fuller was very clearly the No. 1 receiver and target hog, seeing 31.25% of Deshaun Watson's throws. No other Texans player saw more than four targets. Fuller's night could have been better, but he dropped what would have been a 15-20 yards gain on the opening drive, and Watson badly under-threw him on a potential walk-in 52-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter that ended up a gain of 31 yards. Fuller's hefty target share has turned him into a much safer fantasy WR1/2 asset headed into a tough Week 2 date with the Ravens.

- Rotoworld

31% target share and getting the short and midfield targets I expected to be schemed for Cobb...who knows if what we saw tonight carries forward but it sure looks like if Fuller is healthy he won’t live and die by the deep ball all the time anymore. 

He looked bigger and less twitched up after the catch then in the past to be honest, not as blazing fast, but other than a drop or two looked pretty good. 
I agree, Fuller does seem like he's a little bigger. I kinda wonder once Cooks is fully healthy, if Cooks ends up being more the deep threat and Fuller more in the Hopkins role?

Anybody who drafted Fuller has to feel pretty good about it right now. 

Sam Hoppen@SamHoppen

Before last night, Will Fuller was only seen as a deep threat and we questioned if he'd take over Hopkins' intermediate targets. It's only one game, but the answer seems to be a resounding "YES!" Here's a quick look at last night's targets, by air yards depth.

LINK to chart

------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Cole@KevinColePFF

Low-key the player whose 2020 positive outlook solidified the most last night was Will Fuller

He's healthy until he's not, which if history is any indication....will be very soon.

Not invested this year for the first time in 3 years (of course, I already have 2 WR's hurt, so maybe I just suck at picking them) and it feels good not waiting around for the hammer to drop

Will Fuller was not targeted in Houston's Week 2 loss to Baltimore.

Fuller was mysteriously shown stretching on the sidelines throughout the first half and, although he did try to return in the third quarter, was constantly taken in and out of Houston's lineup. No injury was reported throughout the game. We expect the organization (or Bill O'Brien) to speak on the matter soon.

- Rotoworld

He's healthy until he's not, which if history is any indication....will be very soon.

Not invested this year for the first time in 3 years (of course, I already have 2 WR's hurt, so maybe I just suck at picking them) and it feels good not waiting around for the hammer to drop
I'm smart.

Benching for C. Davis.

Hope he sits, gets healthy because next week HOU finally has a good matchup against the MN secondary. At home.

Will Fuller is absent from the Week 3 injury report.

Whatever prompted Fuller to spend a large amount of Sunday's epic zero getting stretched out on the sideline was not serious enough to land him on the injury report. Fuller returns from the missing persons list to another brutal matchup with the Steelers. Week 2 was an all-time dud, but even in a tough spot like Pittsburgh, fantasy managers have to keep the WR2/3 faith with a player who is capable of winning weeks with just 2-3 catches. 

Sep 24, 2020, 7:59 PM ET

As long as he can stay on the field, he apparently has a nice floor.

The TD was perfect timing between Watson and Fuller, they have that down.

He also helped out Watson on a couple of scrambles and made nice catches in contested coverage.

Hard to bench him given his potential any given week.

Will Fuller was added to the Texans' Thursday injury report with a hamstring issue, getting in a "limited" session. 

For goodness' sake. Fuller, who has as much experience with hamstring issues as any player in the league, seemed to battle a muscle injury in Week 2 but was never announced or listed on the injury report. He then made it through Week 3 without issue. He was not listed yesterday before popping up today. This is Fuller. It could be anything from maintenance to a surefire Sunday absence. We will have to take it day-by-day, with Friday's injury report being vital. Another "limited" session would still have him on track to face the Vikings. It's quite possible this ends up a dreaded game-time decision. 

Oct 1, 2020, 5:25 PM ET

The problem is that he's "healthy" until he pulls that hamstring on the first series when you need him the most (like last year's championship game)
I beat a guy for the championship in 2010 because Calvin didn't play at the last minute (and because my opponent was a ####ty manager, but that's another story). Stuff happens. Fuller is my 4th WR, and if he gives it a go this weekend, he's in my line-up (got him in a trade so didn't pay the ADP)

Rotoworld:

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said he expects Will Fuller (hamstring) to play this week.

"I think Will is going to be fine," O'Brien said. "Just wanted to get him some rest." Fuller was a late addition to the injury report this week, getting in a limited session Thursday. It sounds like the Texans are just being cautious with him. Fuller should see his regular snaps in Week 4 against the Vikings.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

Oct 2, 2020, 11:12 AM ET

I trust O'Brien and Fuller as far as I can throw them.

I am going to hate myself and Fuller so much come Sunday I bet.
If you approach it logically, and not by the bytes that sites like Rotoworld will throw out there trying to get clicks... he was hurt two weeks ago, had a full week of practice, played and played well, practiced again on Wednesday, and got in a limited workout yesterday. If you workout, you know that your muscles need rest. I do think today will be a great indicator of whether or not Fuller is healthy and ready to go on Sunday. No need to get too up or down before then.

If you approach it logically, and not by the bytes that sites like Rotoworld will throw out there trying to get clicks... he was hurt two weeks ago, had a full week of practice, played and played well, practiced again on Wednesday, and got in a limited workout yesterday. If you workout, you know that your muscles need rest. I do think today will be a great indicator of whether or not Fuller is healthy and ready to go on Sunday. No need to get too up or down before then.
Sounds like he’s good to go. :shrug:  

Definitely seems like it.

I did see a tweet yesterday, though, that said he was "hurt" in practice, which was absolutely false. He had a limited practice, which isn't even remotely the same.
I think with Fuller the writers just take cheap shots these days.  Rotoworld’s was especially snarky. From the jump it was very hyperbolic. 

Will Fuller caught 6-of-7 targets for 108 yards and a touchdown in the Texans' Week 4 loss to the Vikings. 

Fuller's best catch was one he couldn't quite haul in late in the end zone. He made a high-pointed, one-handed grab but narrowly lost possession as he came to the ground. It was close enough to initially be called a score. For the touchdown he did convert, Fuller took advantage of a busted coverage on a play fake for a 24-yarder. Fuller's Week 2 zero has lingered in fantasy players' minds, but he's now scored in back-to-back games and has posted a pair of 100-yard efforts in four contests. He should be able to stay hot on the WR1/2 borderline for Week 5 against the Jaguars.

- Rotoworld
maybe a thread title update @Boston Fred?

Oh so close to a fantastic grab for a TD at the very end, and perhaps forcing OT.

Still a very nice day at the office.

Stills completely outplayed Cooks btw.

Will Fuller caught 4-of-8 targets for 58 yards and a touchdown in Week 5 against Jacksonville.

Fuller saw fewer targets than Brandin Cooks (12) and couldn't get anything going downfield, with a long catch of 19 yards. He scored on a red-zone throw from Deshaun Watson where he made a catch at the goal-line and walked in untouched. Fuller has at least 100 yards or a touchdown in all but one game this season. He'll remain a WR1 for what projects as a high-scoring matchup with the Titans in Week 6.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread