Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
bostonfred

Will fuller dynasty and redraft prospect

Recommended Posts

Pats try to shut down one option - and you'd think that would be Hopkins.  Hope so, as I am rolling with Miller and Fuller.  Fuller's going to get big chances just being on the opposite side of the field as Hopkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting him at flex in 12 team PPR. Lineup is qrrwwtfdk

Other flex options were C. Sims and J. Maclin.

RBs are Ingram and Ware or Sims

WRs are Antonio Brown and Alshon Jeffrey. 

If Jeffrey is out with injury shift to Maclin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pghrob said:

I am starting him at flex in 12 team PPR. Lineup is qrrwwtfdk

Other flex options were C. Sims and J. Maclin.

RBs are Ingram and Ware or Sims

WRs are Antonio Brown and Alshon Jeffrey. 

If Jeffrey is out with injury shift to Maclin.

Oof!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Guys fast and good, rarely sees double coverage and already seems like a core part of the offense. What's not to like

He can't catch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2016 at 5:34 PM, flapgreen said:

Starting Hopkins and Fuller 

Have done this 3 weeks in a row. Wondering how I can package one in a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's Fuller worth in terms of future picks?  A mid 2017 first seems a little light considering Fuller was (generally) a late first this year.  What would it take to get you to sell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThreeThousand said:

So what's Fuller worth in terms of future picks?  A mid 2017 first seems a little light considering Fuller was (generally) a late first this year.  What would it take to get you to sell?

A mid-2017 is a joke.  People are so infatuated with that draft class it's absurd.  The guy was already a mid-1st.  He's got 3 TD's in 4 games and top 10 in WR scoring so far (in a league with no return stats even) and his QB is locking in on him.  I don't even understand who would trade this guy in dynasty.  If you're rebuilding, you have a top 10 WR that's 22 years old and if you're competing you have a top 10 WR.  No one is "selling".  Fuller owners are "listening" and are only going to take offers that blow them away.  It starts with two 2017 1sts if one is early plus a plug-in like Wallace/Crowder to take his spot or a 2017 1st and a guy like Landry or Diggs.  Otherwise why would one give Fuller up?

Edited by Hankmoody
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt sell for less than two decent 1st's. Guy looks so good out there. His speed the reports of his off filed work and dedication leads me to believe he's a future star.  He would easily be the 1.02 in most rookie drafts held today IMO. A case could be made for Shepard as well however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only saw Fuller play against the Pats, which that game was a flop. For those that have seen the 3 other games this year, how does Fuller look. I've seen the box scores but I'm more interested in analyzing him on the field. How are his routes? Can he do more than just take the top off the defense? How does he do in press coverage? Is Osweiler looking to him ahead of Hopkins (trying to understand the lack of Hopkins involvement)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tommy Collins said:

I only saw Fuller play against the Pats, which that game was a flop. For those that have seen the 3 other games this year, how does Fuller look. I've seen the box scores but I'm more interested in analyzing him on the field. How are his routes? Can he do more than just take the top off the defense? How does he do in press coverage? Is Osweiler looking to him ahead of Hopkins (trying to understand the lack of Hopkins involvement)?

He can do it all. He runs decent routes and will improve. He can find the soft spot in zone coverage. He can blow the roof off the best CBs in the league with his speed. He has a strong arm QB who likes getting him the ball deep.

He has two drawbacks -

1. Once or twice a game his hands turn to stone as he thinks too much and drops an easy pass. You saw this in the Pats game where he used his speed to get to a soft spot in their coverage 15 yards down field. Brock him in the numbers, and he just dropped it. Despite this, he is most certainly NOT like DHB (like someone in this thread said). He will also make good, even spectacular catches at times as well. He has the talent. He just tries to do too much, think too much, and doesn't concentrate on the catch at times.

2. He's still a rookie. He will get more polished. With this polish, I expect those drops to decline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

After watching the game last night, thinking I'll sit him versus the Vikings.

After watching what the Vikings did to Odell and the rest of the Giants' WRs, me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, flysack said:

He can do it all. He runs decent routes and will improve. He can find the soft spot in zone coverage. He can blow the roof off the best CBs in the league with his speed. He has a strong arm QB who likes getting him the ball deep.

He has two drawbacks -

1. Once or twice a game his hands turn to stone as he thinks too much and drops an easy pass. You saw this in the Pats game where he used his speed to get to a soft spot in their coverage 15 yards down field. Brock him in the numbers, and he just dropped it. Despite this, he is most certainly NOT like DHB (like someone in this thread said). He will also make good, even spectacular catches at times as well. He has the talent. He just tries to do too much, think too much, and doesn't concentrate on the catch at times.

2. He's still a rookie. He will get more polished. With this polish, I expect those drops to decline.

Thanks. I was trying to sell high on him after his hot start. I've had very little success with rookie WRs. But it sounds like he's someone that might keep up his production. Surely enough the only time I started him was in week 3, so I've been a bit gun shy on starting him again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I'm in a return yardage league - Will Fuller be the full time punt returner going forward over Ervin?

no still Ervin, unfortunately. Probably the sole reason Ervin was drafted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zeeshan2 said:

no still Ervin, unfortunately. Probably the sole reason Ervin was drafted

Was he hurt last week? Why did Fuller get that opportunity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gottabesweet said:

Was he hurt last week? Why did Fuller get that opportunity.

 

Confuse the defense/change it up? I always get nervous when Ervin tries to do anything on ST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't believe people let him drop to the second round in some dynasty drafts.

 

I'll probably be sitting him against the Vikings too. And in two weeks he gets to go to Denver on MNF. The Denver Def is likely going to destroy Brock that night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On second thought I'm going to start him as my WR4 this week. While Minnesota's D is great, their #2 and #3 CBs are old guys Terrance Newman and Captain Mullegan (sic), neither of whom will be able to keep up with Fuller's speed. I'm sure he'll draw safety help now and then, but Hopkins will draw Xavier Rhodes, not Fuller.

Fuller won't have a great day, but he'll get his share of targets, maybe even more than usual. Victor Cruz had 9 targets last week -his most this season- when it became apparent that Rhodes had shut down Beckham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, flysack said:

On second thought I'm going to start him as my WR4 this week. While Minnesota's D is great, their #2 and #3 CBs are old guys Terrance Newman and Captain Mullegan (sic), neither of whom will be able to keep up with Fuller's speed. I'm sure he'll draw safety help now and then, but Hopkins will draw Xavier Rhodes, not Fuller.

Fuller won't have a great day, but he'll get his share of targets, maybe even more than usual. Victor Cruz had 9 targets last week -his most this season- when it became apparent that Rhodes had shut down Beckham.

lets hope you are right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, flysack said:

On second thought I'm going to start him as my WR4 this week. While Minnesota's D is great, their #2 and #3 CBs are old guys Terrance Newman and Captain Mullegan (sic), neither of whom will be able to keep up with Fuller's speed. I'm sure he'll draw safety help now and then, but Hopkins will draw Xavier Rhodes, not Fuller.

Fuller won't have a great day, but he'll get his share of targets, maybe even more than usual. Victor Cruz had 9 targets last week -his most this season- when it became apparent that Rhodes had shut down Beckham.

I think Rhodes will cover Hopkins 1 on 1 and then Harrison Smith will give Newman safety help over the top :( 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more concerned about Os running for his life with the pressure from the Vikes front 7, however Duane Brown will be back so hopefully that will help at least somewhat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I think Rhodes will cover Hopkins 1 on 1 and then Harrison Smith will give Newman safety help over the top :( 

 

Well then the Vikings are going to lose this game. Rhodes is good but you can't leave Hopkins in single coverage all night. I don't think they will though, watching the Giants game it was obvious that the game plan was to double Beckham and remove him from the game. That's with two real other threats in Cruz and Shepard. I see them treating Nuk the same way

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw the replay of the drop vs the Vikes. Ouch. That would/should have been a long score. I find it encouraging though. The man is fast, he gets separation, and the potential for a big day is always there, the Texans will keep going to him. Obviously the 'not catching' part is a problem. Making that catch would have been a game changer for Houston.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greatest said:

What are some thoughts on this guy in a redraft? He has a pretty good ROS schedule. Will be bounce back and produce numbers close to those of the first 4 weeks? 

If he had a QB with confidence and didn't suck then yeah may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greatest said:

What are some thoughts on this guy in a redraft? He has a pretty good ROS schedule. Will be bounce back and produce numbers close to those of the first 4 weeks? 

Yea, I think a lot of it depends on Osweiler.  The Texans went through a tough stretch of games with KC, Tenn, NE, Minn and Denver mixed in and it destroyed Osweiler's confidence.  Their schedule gets much easier from here on out, at least in terms of defenses faced, so if Osweiler can regain some confidence, and Fuller's leg isn't an issue, then I can see where he would start trending up again.  I would at least hold on for a couple of weeks and see what happens.  I'm not starting him this week thankfully, but I'm hoping he can start to produce again so I can use him in week 11 when I have some WR bye issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson is (maybe) an upgrade over whoever was the Texans qb in 2016. But long term a qb with the weakest arm in the league throwing deep cannot be positive for Fuller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Texans second-year WR Will Fuller is hoping to add weight this season.

"I think the most I've ever weighed is probably about 190, and I felt pretty good," Fuller said. "That was around the Combine. If I can get to that weight and keep my speed, that would be perfect." Fuller is listed at 180 on the Texans' roster. Fuller got off to a piping-hot start as a rookie, but faded fast after the first month and had severe drop issues. Fuller said, overall, he feels much more comfortable heading into Year 2. Deshaun Watson at quarterback should also help.
 
 
May 22 - 7:19 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Texans are expected to take Will Fuller off punt returns.

Fuller was one of the top returners in the league as a rookie, averaging 15 yards per punt. The Texans want him to focus on playing wideout after fading down the second half of last season. Tyler Ervin is the favorite to replace Fuller.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Jul 1 - 3:09 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2017 at 9:40 AM, Slider said:

As soon as he gets a QB, he's going to be a star.

Preferably one who can throw a deep ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broken collarbone in practice today

http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Former-Notre-Dame-WR-Will-Fuller-out-indefinitely-with-injury-105724729

 

Adam Schefter ✔@AdamSchefter

Texans' WR Will Fuller broke his collarbone today during practice, sources tell @sarahbarshop and me. Out indefinitely.

1:10 PM - Aug 2, 2017

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so ...

 

Hopkins then ... Jalen Strong? Braxton Miller? Or lean more heavily on CJ Fiedorowitcz ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

so ...

 

Hopkins then ... Jalen Strong? Braxton Miller? Or lean more heavily on CJ Fiedorowitcz ??

Strong showed some limited flashes in his second year, seems like a nice bet. I also think Savage or rookie Watson would likely lean on Fiedorowitcz pretty heavily. Maybe the Texans will wise up and actually throw to Lamar Miller out of the backfield, they pretty much totally ignored him last year although some of that may have been on Osweiler.

 

Was looking forward to Fuller possibly progressing, his drop rate was still slightly above league average but a thousand times better than it was in college. He still dropped too many though. And no Suck-wieler should have been a big improvement as well. Some speculation this may not be season-ending, but still pretty early to say either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.