What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (1 Viewer)

I'm curious to hear from Texans fans (and others) what they expect out of Will Fuller.  Looks like he'll be back this week.  I'm wondering if they see him as a long term #2, or if he'll eventually slide down the ladder once they draft or sign someone else, in addition to being curious as to his outlook for the remainder of the season.

Love Fuller and Watson is already a better choice that he had last year. It's also good that he didn't have leg injury so the speed should be there since day one. Have him in many leagues.

They drafted Fuller to be their deep threat, but he never had a QB with a cannon....until now.

Fuller started strong the first few games of his rookie year, really showed some talent and had a couple 100 yard games. 

The knock on him has always been the occasional inexplicable drop. Sometimes the ball will hit him right between the numbers and he'll drop it. This goes back to his Notre Dame days too, but the good thing is it's definitely a concentration thing so he can work on it with his coaches. 

He may have a good game or two near the end of the season, but I'd expect at least a month for him to get back into the flow of the game and develop a connection with Watson. 

*I'm not a Houston fan, but I follow ND and drafted Fuller in my dynasty league in the first round. I've been watching him close for awhile now.

Last edited by a moderator:
They drafted Fuller to be their deep threat, but he never had a QB with a cannon....until now.

Fuller started strong the first few games of his rookie year, really showed some talent and had a couple 100 yard games. 

The knock on him has always been the occasional inexplicable drop. Sometimes the ball will hit him right between the numbers and he'll drop it. This goes back to his Notre Dame days too, but the good thing is it's definitely a concentration thing so he can work on it with his coaches. 

He may have a good game or two near the end of the season, but I'd expect at least a month for him to get back into the flow of the game and develop a connection with Watson. 

*I'm not a Houston fan, but I follow ND and drafted Fuller in my dynasty league in the first round. I've been watching him close for awhile now.
Wasn't the big knock on Watson that he doesn't have a cannon? I remember reading an interesting stat about successful QBs and their throw power. I can't remember the exact numbers but something like the lowest mph for successful QBs was somewhere in the neighborhood of 53 mph and Watson, iirc, was well under that (less than 50?). 

Wasn't the big knock on Watson that he doesn't have a cannon? I remember reading an interesting stat about successful QBs and their throw power. I can't remember the exact numbers but something like the lowest mph for successful QBs was somewhere in the neighborhood of 53 mph and Watson, iirc, was well under that (less than 50?). 
49mph, 3rd percentile.

To be fair though, I'm not sure where the numbers are coming from and a lot of the older QB's in the league are not accounted for. Apparently Brees is 52 mph and Russell Wilson was 56 mph.

I guess I shouldn't have said "cannon." Obviously this kid won't be hurting his WRs hands like Farve.

He does throw a pretty deep ball though. At least from what I've seen.

I would add him for Ellington, who will be battling Braxton Miller for snaps now that Fuller is back.
I'll keep an eye out for him but Ellington is an electric athlete than has that slot role wrapped up. I have Martavis Bryant (better version of Fuller) but I'll keep him on the radar.

I'm pretty excited because Hopkins/Fuller outside with Ellington (who I feel has uncapped potential if he could actually stay healthy) is not a bad WR group at all for a rookie QB. All Watson needs if a vet possession receiver, and CJ could've filled that.

The issue with Fuller drops has always been he’s a body catcher who lacks hand strength. Although I guess you could say most drops are a matter of focus.

Waiting for a player to be declared out so I can use my IR to add him.  Good upside as my WR5/6, could def see plugging him in for boom/bust spot starts. I’m higher on him more than most, I think he’s a taller, faster version of Desean.

Martavis Bryant scaring me with Ben on the road and in Baltimore, and I might as well use the poor man's version of him.

... Is what I want to say but he's gone already.

Anyone who saw the game -

Was he on the field in 2WR sets? Just wondering if he's back to his old position. 

Glad to see a quick connection with Watson. I drafted this kid in the first round of my dynasty rookie draft last year and was hoping Watson would be the thing to turn him into a WR2. 

Anyone who saw the game -

Was he on the field in 2WR sets? Just wondering if he's back to his old position. 

Glad to see a quick connection with Watson. I drafted this kid in the first round of my dynasty rookie draft last year and was hoping Watson would be the thing to turn him into a WR2. 
I was at the cowboy do i would also love to read about what you guys saw.

Trying to figure this guy out.  With Watson balling out and the Houston D taking a few massive hits this week (watt and mercilus done for year), is it safe to assume the Texans could be in some pretty good gamescripts moving forward.  Hopkins is obviously the #1, but is Fuller an every week WR2/WR3 now?

He has been wasting on my bench the last two weeks and am rolling him over martavis, maclin, gallman, and collins this week in 0.5 ppr.

Trying to figure this guy out.  With Watson balling out and the Houston D taking a few massive hits this week (watt and mercilus done for year), is it safe to assume the Texans could be in some pretty good gamescripts moving forward.  Hopkins is obviously the #1, but is Fuller an every week WR2/WR3 now?

He has been wasting on my bench the last two weeks and am rolling him over martavis, maclin, gallman, and collins this week in 0.5 ppr.
Good question, and I'm trying to assess his true value as well.  His touchdown production is obviously great in the two games he's played, but at a very low target share.  He's kind of been what I expected Bryant (also an owner) to be thus far. 

On one hand he's been on fire with Watson blowing up. On the other hand it's hard to imagine 2 TDs a game continuing.

Anyone else considering a sell high here?  I originally thought of Fuller as a taller Desean Jackson or a slightly better Ted Ginn.  He's been great the past few games, but is it really sustainable?  If Watson's for real, then that certainly helps the offense, and I do think Fuller, Hopkins, and Ellington fit together very well as a receiving corps, but back to back two TD games from a former first rounder who flashed last year with Osweiller ... I'd bet some pretty solid offers could be had for Mr. Fuller.

Has anyone actually sold in dynasty?

Anyone else considering a sell high here?  I originally thought of Fuller as a taller Desean Jackson or a slightly better Ted Ginn.  He's been great the past few games, but is it really sustainable?  If Watson's for real, then that certainly helps the offense, and I do think Fuller, Hopkins, and Ellington fit together very well as a receiving corps, but back to back two TD games from a former first rounder who flashed last year with Osweiller ... I'd bet some pretty solid offers could be had for Mr. Fuller.

Well, it's not a Dynasty league, but a Keeper League (4 year max).   I am entertaining offers for Fuller as well.  Current best offer on table is Mia RB Jay Ajayi & JJ Nelson.  

I already declined Derrick Henry straight up even though I really like him.

Not sure what his value is right now, but I am looking to sell.  I need RB help. 

I'm trying to sell in redraft. Fuller for Alshon straight up. The guy I'm working with is a huge Notre Dame fan and loves Fuller. He's thinking about it.

I worry about the sustainability of all these TDs but then I worry on the other side that maybe he's going to have a magical year with like 12-15 tds. 

He's a hold IMO, not sure anyone would be willing to pay much to acquire him. Obviously the TD's are going to regress and folks are probably remembering last year where he had two huge games to start the season as well and then mostly disappeared after defenses figured out suck-wieler (Fuller dealt with injuries too.) I can see him putting up solid target numbers as a WR2/3 going forward with some big boom/bust type games. One thing that went under the radar last year is that he proved a lot of his naysayers wrong, he is not simply a one dimensional "run a go" burner with bad hands. He still needs to work on the drops which were slightly above league average at 5% last year and at bad times like deep shots for TD's but he showed an ability to go across the middle and run other routes that makes him a more multi-dimensional threat than a guy like Ginn is.

Got him off waivers in my local last night. Surprised he was there and surprised even more than I put him as my second pickup and still got him. Nice flex this week vs Browns

Just "flipped" him and Gallman for Cooper in 0.5 PPR redraft.  OBJ and DJ owner.....

Having second thoughts this AM, but I figured it cant get better for Fuller or worse for Cooper....

He's a hold IMO, not sure anyone would be willing to pay much to acquire him. Obviously the TD's are going to regress and folks are probably remembering last year where he had two huge games to start the season as well and then mostly disappeared after defenses figured out suck-wieler (Fuller dealt with injuries too.) I can see him putting up solid target numbers as a WR2/3 going forward with some big boom/bust type games. One thing that went under the radar last year is that he proved a lot of his naysayers wrong, he is not simply a one dimensional "run a go" burner with bad hands. He still needs to work on the drops which were slightly above league average at 5% last year and at bad times like deep shots for TD's but he showed an ability to go across the middle and run other routes that makes him a more multi-dimensional threat than a guy like Ginn is.
Was gonna post basically this same thing. I've always said he isn't just a deep threat and actually a pretty good route runner. He doesn't always concentrate and does drop some easy ones but he has also had some nice catches that you could see other guys drop. Of course he isn't going to average 2 tds a game but while defenses are doubling Hopkins in the red zone it looks like fuller is Watsons next target

I'm in need of a solid RB2 after losing Cook, but I don't think Fuller is going to cut it. Probably just ride it out and use him as my occasional flex and/or BYE week filler.  Not bad for picking him up a month ago and stashing him on my IR spot. 

Was gonna post basically this same thing. I've always said he isn't just a deep threat and actually a pretty good route runner. He doesn't always concentrate and does drop some easy ones but he has also had some nice catches that you could see other guys drop. Of course he isn't going to average 2 tds a game but while defenses are doubling Hopkins in the red zone it looks like fuller is Watsons next target
No? 

Anybody trade him or field offer for him in redraft? What is this guys value? We could be facing a massive selling opportunity now or after this juicy matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread