Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
bostonfred

Will fuller dynasty and redraft prospect

Texans coach Bill O'Brien thinks Will Fuller (hamstring) could have played in the second half if he let him.

"But he wasn't going to be able to run all of the routes we needed him to run," O'Brien added. "Fuller wanted to be in there, but I made that decision." The speedy receiver has been dealing with hamstring issues since training camp, so holding him out was probably the right call. This update is good news for Fuller's Week 5 availability, but he still should be considered questionable for that game.

Source: ESPN 

Sep 30 - 11:01 PM

23 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

Is anyone keeping him on their rosters after this week? Seems like he's droppable in all formats now.

The guy is always hurt and Coutee has emerged.  Tough matchup at JAX next week too.  

2 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Is anyone keeping him on their rosters after this week? Seems like he's droppable in all formats now.

Last two weeks have been ugly but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's droppable in all formats. Benchable while he's got the gimpy hammy? Sure. But I wouldn't say he's droppable.

Will Fuller has significant production splits with and without Keke Coutee on the field.

It's notable for Week 8 because Coutee is not expected to play after aggravating his hamstring in last week's win. Whereas Fuller has finished below 70 yards in each of Coutee’s four appearances, Fuller’s stat lines with Coutee on the shelf are 8/113/1 and 5/101/1. Fuller also led the Texans in Week 7 receiving yards as Coutee didn't play the full game. You can read more stats and analysis like this in Evan Silva's Dolphins-Texans writeup at the link below.

Source: Silva's Dolphins-Texans Matchup 

Oct 24 - 2:12 AM

Great game again, didn’t get to watch it so don’t like to see on Twitter after that he left with a knee injury. Guy could be so good if he stays healthy. Him and Hopkins could be like roddy white and Julio from awhile ago

1 minute ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Great game again, didn’t get to watch it so don’t like to see on Twitter after that he left with a knee injury. Guy could be so good if he stays healthy. Him and Hopkins could be like roddy white and Julio from awhile ago

i'm seeing whispers of a torn ACL. My WRs blow, if Fuller is out it will be :toilet:

3 minutes ago, modogg said:

i'm seeing whispers of a torn ACL. My WRs blow, if Fuller is out it will be :toilet:

Where you hearing that? It didn't look like much. Seemed like they kept him out as a precaution as they were up a bunch and it happened at the end of the game.

3 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Where you hearing that? It didn't look like much. Seemed like they kept him out as a precaution as they were up a bunch and it happened at the end of the game.

saw it on bleacherreport in a tweet from that Dr. Cho. Can't find it now. 

Just now, Rhythmdoctor said:

Interesting how confident the writer sounds. He seems like a know-it-all. I hope he’s wrong.

Same exact feeling I got.  He’s talking about it in the past tense already.  

Just watched it again multiple times, he immediately grabbed his right knee while rolling after landing awkwardly.  Defender made contact and you could see the knee buckling inward both when he tried to jump and again when the foot landed.  Looks like an MCL as the knee didn’t twist significantly, but we shall see.

Edited by -X-

26 minutes ago, ninogaggi said:

Same exact feeling I got.  He’s talking about it in the past tense already.  

dr chao is right about 95%+ of the time

John McClain‏  @McClain_on_NFL 9m9 minutes ago

It looks like Texans WR Will Fuller suffered a torn ACL. He’ll have an MRI Friday to confirm. What a blow to the offense.

The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans fear Will Fuller suffered a torn right ACL in Thursday's win over the Dolphins.

Friday testing will confirm, but it certainly appears Fuller's age-24 campaign is over. It's a crushing blow to a Texans offense that has flirted with dominate at times this season. When healthy, Fuller has lid-lifting speed that few can match, clearing space for DeAndre Hopkins. If Fuller is indeed done, rookie Keke Coutee will have to carry an enormous load opposite Hopkins. Fuller is a special talent, but it is possible he heads into 2019 having appeared in just 31-of-48 possible career games.

56 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

Geez this guy can't catch any breaks.

Seems like he just caught one......with his knee.

Ba dum tuh.  Ladies and gentlemen, I’ll be here all night.

57 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Parker's no Fuller, but he would be interesting opposite Hopkins.

Woke up thinking the same thing. Texans down a stud WR and most likely will be shopping around? Nothing like watching Parker perform right before their eyes. Coutee also needs to be healthy.

I traded Trubisky straight up for Watson just an hour before kickoff and got Watson into the line up. Bummed about Fuller's knee. Perhaps a MCL and not the dreaded season-ending ACL, which many fear.

At least we got this game out of Fuller before the injury 

Blows, but now HOU and Wrigley will be looking for another WR

I feel terrible for the young man.   He simply can't stay healthy. 

I had him last year when he was on a tear (pardon the pun), with 7 TDs in 4 games.   He's the perfect complement to Nuk.   Wish him a speedy recovery.   

6 hours ago, jtd13 said:

Geez this guy can't catch any breaks.

yeah bummed for my fantasy team, but even more bummed for Fuller. it was a flukey kind of injury from the DB pushing him when he was running full speed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, modogg said:

yeah bummed for my fantasy team, but even more bummed for Fuller. it was a flukey kind of injury from the DB pushing him when he was running full speed.

He looked fantastic last night too. What a damn shame.

• Like 1

Coach Bill O'Brien confirmed Will Fuller suffered a torn ACL in the Week 8 win over the Dolphins and is done for the season.

Just brutal. Fuller exploded for a 5-124-1 night against the Dolphins before tearing the ACL on a deep shot late in the blowout win. The Texans are now headed into a mini-bye and need to figure out their receiving corps. Keke Coutee (hamstring) wasn't close to playing Thursday night. Bruce Ellington (hamstring) remains on I.R. and can't return until Week 12 at the earliest. Vyncint Smith was next man up against Miami, playing eight late snaps. He's the in-house favorite for the No. 2 role at the moment, but Houston will almost certainly add some help.

ugh.

Edited by The Frankman

I drafted him on my team as a rookie and have followed his career closely ever since. He has a lot of talent, and has actually improved a lot in holding onto the ball - that first year he would drop as many as he caught.

This is devastating, I wish him all the best and a full recovery.

Will Fuller (knee) will undergo surgery this week.

Fuller will be sidelined 6-9 months. His timetable has him returning at some point in training camp if he avoids setbacks. Fuller has been one of the most injury prone wideouts in the league the last three seasons, playing in 31-of-48 career games. The Texans will need to make a decision on his fifth-year option this offseason.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Oct 28 - 8:45 AM

Thoughts for next season?  I feel like ACL injuries just aren't what they used to be thanks to advances in surgery/recovery/etc.  

But he's always hurt.  I feel like when he's out there, he's a legit WR2.  Being opposite Hopkins, having a great QB, great talent.  It's all there.  But I have a hard time spending even a middle round pick for a guy that hasn't broken 700 yards in his first 3 years.  

Aside from the ACL, wasn't it always tissue injuries? You can't not draft that. Generally, it's a player that doesn't eat right, stretch right, or somesuch and they all hit and age where it clicks and they do it. The ACL is probably the trigger to make Fuller do everything he should to his bod. I understand your stance, but just map out the risk and plan what round you're good with. The career stats should have his value pretty low, especially with Coutee and Hopkins around so he is probably a fine late pick risk.

This is not Odell. You're not wondering if you should draft Fuller or Green or Jones or Thomas.