Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
bostonfred

Will fuller dynasty and redraft prospect

Keeping my eye on Fuller, but he just isn't providing enough value right now to stick on my bench in my 10 team league. Still plenty rosterable in larger leagues, but as someone who hasn't seen more than bits and pieces of the Texans this season, how is he looking? How bad looking are those drops?

Edited by Absolutely Nothing

9 minutes ago, Absolutely Nothing said:

Keeping my eye on Fuller, but he just isn't providing enough value right now to stick on my bench in my 10 team league. Still plenty rosterable in larger leagues, but as someone who hasn't seen more than bits and pieces of the Texans this season, how is he looking? How bad looking are those drops?

Watched both games. No drops, not enough targets. Deep, deep routes.

Edited by rockaction

5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I’m looking to pair him with one of my other WRs for a better player tbh. The targets won’t be there. Expecting a big game, but my league is more interested in getting the player before the big play

1 minute ago, CKoz24 said:

I’m looking to pair him with one of my other WRs for a better player tbh. The targets won’t be there. Expecting a big game, but my league is more interested in getting the player before the big play

I can't advise you on your team because there are so many variables. I think Fuller is a legit talent that hopefully stays healthy and hopefully gets his due volume. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rockaction said:

Fuller had at least two drops.  One was a long bomb that hit him in both hands.  Frustrating.

Link

"The passing game depended on Will Fuller who had two costly drops in critical situations but turned to Kenny Stills on a 31-yard strike to set up a field goal."

3 hours ago, bumpman said:

Fuller had at least two drops.  One was a long bomb that hit him in both hands.  Frustrating.

Link

"The passing game depended on Will Fuller who had two costly drops in critical situations but turned to Kenny Stills on a 31-yard strike to set up a field goal."

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking typing that in retrospect. He missed one for sure.  

Edited by rockaction

got dropped in one of my leagues.  anything to see here?  seems to be playing most snaps, but is he still just more of a field stretcher boom-bust type (some of which is co-opted by Stills)?

Seems like a poor-man's Desean Jackson or Mike Wallace.  If he hits on one long one, it's a solid week.  Two, it's a great week. 

Unfortunately so far each week has been a "none".

I'm holding for now.  A guy like Corey Davis isn't going to be any less maddening.

Texans in general are struggling on offense, until they get going again he isn’t gonna do much. When/If they do he could go back to his 3-80-1 or 5-100 games

56 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Texans in general are struggling on offense, until they get going again he isn’t gonna do much. When/If they do he could go back to his 3-80-1 or 5-100 games

I'd start the bad WR from Necessary Roughness against the Falcons. 

Apparently I'm a Fuller truther because I'm running him out there again this week. He's basically almost had a TD in each game this year... 

• Like 1

Anyone  think it's time to buy low?

Upcoming schedule: ATL, @KC, @INDY, OAK. Not sure it gets much better than that.

Still looks like he could be a nuisance though.

Thinking of trying to acquire him as my #3 or #4 WR. AC type question...offering J. Goff and I have L. Jackson.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:45 AM, kyoun1e said:

Anyone  think it's time to buy low?

Upcoming schedule: ATL, @KC, @INDY, OAK. Not sure it gets much better than that.

Still looks like he could be a nuisance though.

Thinking of trying to acquire him as my #3 or #4 WR. AC type question...offering J. Goff and I have L. Jackson.

I think it was...

i chickened out on the boom bust potential by really should have trusted it with stills out.  I think stills health will determine a lot going forward

Had a good feeling. Started him this week..kid has the talent.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Could have had 4 tds today

Yeah, getting tackled at the 1 on two separate occasions.  Ouch

Edited by Major

Ugh just adding insult to ####### injury

On 10/2/2019 at 9:48 AM, Long Ball Larry said:

got dropped in one of my leagues.  anything to see here?  seems to be playing most snaps, but is he still just more of a field stretcher boom-bust type (some of which is co-opted by Stills)?

220 yards, 3 TDS....imagine if he scored those other two TDs :eek:

1 hour ago, Truebluey said:

Of courss he goes off on my bench lol

Same here been starting him all season in my 16 team league finally got fed up and benched him.  I really hate this hobby at times.  😡

On 10/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, iamkoza said:

Apparently I'm a Fuller truther because I'm running him out there again this week. He's basically almost had a TD in each game this year... 

Holy moly. My horrid 0-4 team hasn't scored 100 pts as a team yet this season... Today Fuller and Watson alone combine for 100 .... Wow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I think it was...

i chickened out on the boom bust potential by really should have trusted it with stills out.  I think stills health will determine a lot going forward

Pulled off a trade for Fuller and gave up Goff just before kickoff. Yay me.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Ugh just adding insult to ####### injury

I dropped him this week too.  Bet he does nothing next week

He’s alive, also didn’t start him but thought abt it, hopefully the Texans can keep there offense going because then he can be a solid start every week

The whole offense seems to have been off sync.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Dropped Fuller week 2. Oh well.

31 minutes ago, need2know said:

I dropped him this week too.  Bet he does nothing next week

We'll see.  Not expecting these stats weekly.  When not injured, he's always produced in the past.  The offense has been stagnant since week 1.

If I survive going against Fuller this week it will only be because of Theilen's huge game and Mahomes tonight. What a great game he had.

Love Fuller. I'll bet that this happened on most people's bench but for those in deep leagues. We know his air yards. We know his aDOT and we know the near-misses. But, he's almost impossible to start unless you're cheering for variance's pull on your lineup.

I got Fullered (have Nuk) and Bridgewatered. It was over in a hurry.

I've been playing him every week waiting for this to happen. Just saw he got tackled at the 1 yd line twice. Could have been an all time epic scoring week for a WR if he would have got in those two times. KC will no doubt pay him extra attention next week.

It’s weird that Fuller V  doesn’t get consistent targets.

2 minutes ago, Rove! said:

He’s dropped 3 TD passes today that hit him in the hands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rove! said:

He’s had three bombs go through his hands. He’s not very good at catching the ball.

5 hours ago, tricky92 said:

He’s had three bombs go through his hands. He’s not very good at catching the ball.

As good as he was last week us as bad as he was today 

Will Fuller caught 5-of-9 targets for 44 yards in Houston's Week 6 win over the Chiefs.

Fuller's box score doesn't reflect how disappointing his drop-induced afternoon went as the speedy 25-year-old legitimately left an extra 3/103/3 on the field against Houston. His first 28-yard end zone target was within fingertips length but wasn't corralled. His next two drops were much more egregious, missing a challenging (but possible) 41-yard touchdown toss to his back shoulder as he came down hard and another in the third quarter that bounced off his palms and out of bounds. Just short another historic performance following his 14/217/3 receiving line against the Falcons, Fuller's in another winnable matchup against the divisional foe Colts in Week 7. He'll be a boom-or-bust option in that one, too.

Edited by The Frankman

Jesus dude.  Catch any of those three and I win. 

Agholor doesn't Agholor week 2, I win that one too.

:ptts:

• Laughing 1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Will Fuller (hamstring) is expected to miss "several weeks."

Fuller's tests reportedly showed a "significant" hamstring pull. Unlike the game-planning required to mesh Kenny Stills with DeAndre Hopkins and Fuller in three-wide sets, Houston's offense shouldn't miss a beat with Stills taking over on the outside and Keke Coutee sliding into the slot. Consider Stills the week's top waiver pickup at his position given his 4/105 receiving on 61 snaps (94%) once Fuller exited against the Colts in Week 7.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 21, 2019, 12:46 PM ET

Traded Goff for this guy just before his big explosion. Now he's pulling his usual Fuller on us.

Who is dropping?

I'm in a 12 team league and my only WR depth is K. Allen, T. Lockett, and C. Davis. If several weeks = > 2 I'm seriously thinking of dropping.

10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Traded Goff for this guy just before his big explosion. Now he's pulling his usual Fuller on us.

Who is dropping?

I'm in a 12 team league and my only WR depth is K. Allen, T. Lockett, and C. Davis. If several weeks = > 2 I'm seriously thinking of dropping.

Initially I was weighing dropping him for meh options like Kenny Stills or Corey Davis.  Now I think I might just scoop up a lotto ticket RB instead.

Or maybe I'll just go full apathetic mode and let him keep AJ Green company on my bench.

The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans are "hopeful" Will Fuller (hamstring) can return in Week 11.

Fuller has yet to practice since going down in Week 7. He was never given a timetable for return, but he's made enough progress the last two weeks that the Texans think he has a chance to contribute coming out of their bye. Fuller's post-bye status can't be taken for granted, but his field-stretching ability would be a boost to the entire pass offense.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

Nov 9, 2019, 11:04 AM ET

Probably not the worst guy to pick up right now, in leagues he was dropped in. He's always an injury risk, but before he got hurt, he seemed to have Watson's eye every bit as much as Hopkins.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

If he's on the field you want him in your lineup.  He's a stud when he plays. 

For one week this season anyway....maybe more...we’ll see what happens

On 11/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, travdogg said:

Probably not the worst guy to pick up right now,

what's his price in dynasty? 

certainly not a first.