What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Will Fuller, MIA (1 Viewer)

I'm repeating myself... but if a player has a soft tissue injury, especially a speed dependant player with a hamstring injury, there should be no such thing as a game time decision.  If it's cutting it that close, you're out for the week.

I said the same thing before Adam Theilen aggregated his.... Hopefully Houston is smarter than Minnesota. 

Texans coach Bill O'Brien called Will Fuller (hamstring) a game-time decision for Thursday's Week 12 game against the Colts.

O'Brien said Bradley Roby's availability will also go down to the wire. Both are battling hamstring injuries. Fuller resumed practicing, albeit on a limited basis, coming off the Texans' Week 10 bye. DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Stills and Keke Coutee operated as Houston's top wideouts in Sunday's loss to Baltimore.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Nov 18, 2019, 11:55 AM ET

Speaking Tuesday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Will Fuller (hamstring) remains a game-time call for Thursday's game against the Colts.

BOB said there was a "chance" Fuller suits up. Especially for a player with Fuller's injury history, you would like to hear his coach use more confident language with regards to his status. Fuller hasn't taken the field since Week 7, and his absence has helped make the Texans' offense fairly predictable under ever-vanilla O'Brien.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Nov 19, 2019, 3:09 PM ET

Will Fuller (hamstring) is questionable for Week 12 against the Colts.

Much like last week, Fuller was limited in every practice session and remains a true game-time call. His presence alone would impact DeAndre Hopkins' recent 37 percent target share in the Texans' last three games. Kenny Stills and, to a lesser extent, Keke Coutee will continue playing in three-wide sets if Fuller can't go.

SOURCE: Houston Texans PR on Twitter

Nov 20, 2019, 3:46 PM ET

For me, due to byes, I have DJ Chark and either Fuller or Hollywood.  I also have Watson as my QB and think if he's healthy I might take a gamble on him.

If active I will play him tonight. I need 2 out of Cooks, Lockett, and Fuller this week due to injuries and byes. Seems too risky to roll the dice on both the others playing this week.

Similar position as you all; Got Tyreek & Mike Williams on byes (just dropped Robby Anderson for a TE fill in as I also have Kelce & Henry on byes); so my only current WR who has a game this week is A. Cooper

Debating if I should drop Mike Williams for Fuller....and then actually play him tonight over other these other WW fodder WR's:

• Washington @ CIN
  • D Thomas v. OAK
  • Dorsett v DAL (if healthy)
  • Cobb @ NE
  • Gabriel v. NYG
  • Slayton @ CHI
:wall:

Congrats to those who started him. I didn't but hope I can use him down the stretch.

Also, he seemed to keep touching his hamstring after every catch. This dude is so worrisome lol.

Will Fuller caught 7-of-11 targets for 140 yards in the Texans' Week 12 win over the Colts.

Playing for the first time since Week 7, Fuller exposed the back end of the Colts' defense with receptions of 44 and 51 yards. He seemed to be favoring his balky hamstring after the 51-yarder but did not miss a play. The 140 yards were the second most of his career. The oft-injured speed demon is now averaging 74 yards across eight games, though he's done the majority of his damage in two contests. Fuller's bust potential will be higher than usual when the Texans host the Patriots' league-best defense for Week 13.

Nov 21, 2019, 11:27 PM ET

definitely kicking myself for not starting him or even picking him up in my short-bench league where i'm in desperate need for a WR this week. 

I simply didn't have the balls to chance his 1st start back with that hammy...hopefully i can get him on waivers now. 

to echo above though, as good as he looked, he did grab/ pat his hammy after seemingly every catch... definitely a hard to trust WR going forward, but has a ton of potential

so presumably gilmore is going to be glued to hopkins, no?  maybe this is a sneaky good spot for fuller?

They're going to have to bracket him in coverage if they don't sacrifice Gilmore to constantly sprint. This is one of the matter match-ups of the week, football-wise.

Just sayin'. 

Will Fuller caught 1-of-2 targets for eight yards in Week 13 against the Patriots.

This was a rough game for Fuller, who had a would-be 35-yard touchdown slip out of his hands in the end-zone. His two targets were behind DeAndre Hopkins (8), Kenny Stills (4), and Darren Fells (3). It’s step back after Fuller blew up for 140 yards on seven catches in his return last week. Fuller will be a boom-or-bust WR2 for a matchup with Denver in Week 14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked like even Carter was seeing the field before him at the end, hurt again or benched?
When they were running for sure, he was beind Carter. I looked for you when you said that. But he hadn't been up until the last two drives. I'd check the snap count for more definitive proof. 

Will Fuller (hamstring) was a limited participant for Wednesday's practice.

It's the same injury that kept Fuller out from Weeks 8-11. The speedy wideout has since hauled in 8-of-13 targets for 148 yards since returning on Thursday night against the Colts. He'll be in a much better matchup on the perimeter against the Broncos this Sunday, but he'll remain a boom-or-bust WR3 given his disastrous floor.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 5:34 PM ET

When they were running for sure, he was beind Carter. I looked for you when you said that. But he hadn't been up until the last two drives. I'd check the snap count for more definitive proof. 
Where do you see snap counts by drive/quarter?

I saw he was still 2nd in snaps at WR with 76%. Pre injury he was basically in 100%, so that is some drop, but not really a concern by itself.

jtd13 said:
Where do you see snap counts by drive/quarter?

I saw he was still 2nd in snaps at WR with 76%. Pre injury he was basically in 100%, so that is some drop, but not really a concern by itself.
I probably can't find those breakdowns, and there were two series that were straight first run down running plays that were going to be three and out running plays that he didn't seem to be in on per our game observers. So that probably accounts -- plus any 21 or 12 packagages -- for the discrepancy in his snap counts.

But a breakdowns by quarter are likely hard to come by. 

I would not guess he's playing less by desgin, if you're looking for an opinion. That seemed more like ebb and flow of a team up by double digits.  

I watched Fuller closely the other night.   

He was in more than any other receiver for much of the game,  even a number of 1WR sets over Hopkins.  Up to that point he easily played more than anyone else.   However, on the last few drives he wasn't on the field.   I'm not sure if it was precautionary or if he re-injured his hamstring.  I fear the latter.   DO NOT start Fuller unless you see some good practice participation by Friday or Saturday.

Well I have to start 2 of Kareem Hunt, Fuller, Chark and Sony.  leaning towards Hunt and Chark, but if Fuller is a go I kind of want to go for the boom potential (I have Watson also).  Fingers crossed.

I took a look at the all-22 of the Texans game to see if Fuller pulls up lame on his last play.  

There wasn't much.   His last play was a 3rd & 6 jerk route toward his sideline.  Watson completed it to Hopkins for the 1st and Fuller casually walked to the sideline.  Never came back into the game.  Houston finished the drive for a TD.  Went 3 and out on another then the game was over.  

Maybe he's fine?  I'd check on his practice today. 

Limited today.

He practiced last Friday,  limited this Friday.   I'm making other plans.  He's too risky. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Fuller (hamstring) is questionable for Week 14 against the Broncos.

Fuller didn't get in much practice time after having a setback with his hamstring. He's one of the bigger Week 14 question marks, though it looks like he's on track to play. Fuller is at risk of re-injury and reduced snaps if he's active, making him a risky play for the first round of the fantasy playoffs.

Dec 6, 2019, 7:19 PM ET

Oof. Will. Substituting Sterling Shepard's non-slot positioning over him certainly is not a vote of confidence on my end. Or DK Metcalf, too. James Washington. Etc.

START WITH CONFIDENCE! 6/170/2!

Oh, this isn't the Gordon thread and Soulfly3 has left? 

Fuller, our SP turns its lonely eyes to you. 

Whoo.

whoo. whoo.  whoo.

Users who are viewing this thread