What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (5 Viewers)

thatguy

Footballguy
I searched and didn't find any threads for Dak. I think he deserves his own.  I'm really high on him and could see him being the third best QB from this class after Goff And Wentz.  Would love to see Denver take him with their first compensatory pick if he's there at the end of the 3rd round--could easily happen as I'm sure he'll slide some due to his DUI. I definitely prefer Dak in round 3 to Lynch in round 1. Thoughts? 

Last edited by a moderator:
The narrative that Den will be looking at lynch at the 31 is plausible. I feel like people see a brock osweiller sized guy and assume that den wants him though. It wouldnt shock me for the rams to grab him or even trade back in the first and grab him though.

Back to Dak, he will for sure slide. I feel like rd 3 is still too early. That may be sooner than he wouldve gone pre DUI

Pro Football Focus says Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott is a late Day 3 developmental prospect, not the third-rounder he's currently considered.
"He needs to improve his location, in particular, struggling to beat tight coverage at every level of the defense," PFF noted. "Prescott can hit open receivers, but fails to show the kind of precision to complete tough throws into coverage." The site believes he should be considered a game manager, because Prescott has a series of traits around average but none that are elite. Sure, Prescott threw only five picks last year, but PFF notes that 11 potential interceptions were dropped by opponents. The site also doesn't like how he played the worst in big spots, with the Ole Miss and Alabama tapes mentioned. "Prescott should only be considered towards the end of the draft," PFF concluded.

Source: Pro Football Focus 
Apr 11 - 5:48 PM

Much like Wilson, this guy is gonna go later than he should and make some team look very smart for drafting him. May take a little more time than Wilson who was more pro ready, but this guy will be a player. A team like Dallas or the Saints who could afford to sit him for a few years would be a good fit.

He's very intriguing that's for sure.  Seems to be a little casual about playing to me, but his talent peaks my interest.

Cowboys fourth-round QB Dak Prescott has been getting snaps ahead of Jameill Showers.
Currently Dallas' No. 2 quarterback with Kellen Moore done for the year, Prescott has gotten off to a slow start at camp. The Dallas Morning News noted that Showers significantly outperformed Prescott at Thursday's session with Prescott struggling in 1-on-1 drills and throwing behind receivers. The Cowboys need to find a veteran to back up Tony Romo this season. Prescott isn't ready.

Related: Jameill Showers

Source: Dallas Morning News 
Aug 5 - 1:42 PM

Cowboys fourth-round QB Dak Prescott reportedly showed well in the team's Blue-White scrimmage.
As did sophomore Jameill Showers, the man Prescott is theoretically battling for the backup job. The battle is theoretical because the Cowboys appear poised to acquire a veteran via trade, but Jerry Jones said more performances like Sunday's could change his mind. "I’m more encouraged after this about holding our pat hand on a veteran than before this," Jones said. "As we go along and if we continue to see this kind of improvement and this kind of instinctive play, I can really get comfortable back there." Jones can say what he likes, but the Cowboys will not feel comfortable if they enter the season with Prescott backing up Romo.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram 
Aug 8 - 8:11 AM

BigTex said:
Everyone is sleeping on this guy.
I dont know if he can play yet, but I like everything I read about his composure, size and leadership qualities. I also like the way he speaks in interviews. He's comfortable in the spotlight. 

Ive read more then one person compare him to Tim Tebow as a leader but with far better arm talent. 

Its only the preseason but he showed out tonight. 

I dont know if he can play yet, but I like everything I read about his composure, size and leadership qualities. I also like the way he speaks in interviews. He's comfortable in the spotlight. 

Ive read more then one person compare him to Tim Tebow as a leader but with far better arm talent. 

Its only the preseason but he showed out tonight. 
Agreed yet he's shown more than Goff and Wentz at this point. He looked the part!

Tex

So in Dynasty....is he going before or after Paxton Lynch?  I don't think he has jumped Wentz yet.....but in my book, he is getting close.

So in Dynasty....is he going before or after Paxton Lynch?  I don't think he has jumped Wentz yet.....but in my book, he is getting close.
Has been going after.

One preseason game shouldnt really move the dynasty value needle at all.  It will though, because even dynasty owners like to chase the latest shiny toy.

Here is why Prescott interests me.  Please realize that my reasoning is based on an extreme outlier and in all probability will not likely occur again. 

Tom Brady was fairly irrelevant 6the round rookie when he burst onto the scene after Bledsoe's injury.  

Romo himself was an undrafted free agent in his third year when he ascended after Bledsoe got hurt as a Cowboy.

As I type this I am reminded of an arena football QB and grocery store shelf stocker in Kurt Warner  who came out of nowhere to take over for injured Trent Green.

Those afterthought QBs became startable fantasy players pretty much out of nowhere.  So in that same vein, I will see if I can defy the odds with Prescott and catch lightening in a bottle. 

Here is why Prescott interests me.  Please realize that my reasoning is based on an extreme outlier and in all probability will not likely occur again. 

Tom Brady was fairly irrelevant 6the round rookie when he burst onto the scene after Bledsoe's injury.  

Romo himself was an undrafted free agent in his third year when he ascended after Bledsoe got hurt as a Cowboy.

As I type this I am reminded of an arena football QB and grocery store shelf stocker in Kurt Warner  who came out of nowhere to take over for injured Trent Green.

Those afterthought QBs became startable fantasy players pretty much out of nowhere.  So in that same vein, I will see if I can defy the odds with Prescott and catch lightening in a bottle. 
But I guess something would need to happen to Romo first. 

Has been going after.

One preseason game shouldnt really move the dynasty value needle at all.  It will though, because even dynasty owners like to chase the latest shiny toy.
That's exactly true in my book.

he looked very good this weekend, will be interesting to see him play in a more competitive setting, he looked very calm which is a good thing imo

Dak and this young team could cause havoc in the NFL!

Defense still has some serious holes to fill.

Tex

Have to trim dynasty roster from 26 to 24 in a week or two. Carrying 5 QBs at the moment, but Prescott is assuredly staying put.

Just traded back into the 6th round to pick up Dak in my 12 team dynasty league.  Gave up my 2017 5th round pick.  No way he was making it to free agency after tonight.

I really enjoyed this kid. I saw the highlights last week and was looking forward to seeing him all week. He really delivered.

I was kind of hating twitter tonight. Can Cowboys fans (and Dak) just enjoy a nice performance? Geesh.

Everyone is always so eager to point out preseason doesn't matter, almost in an insulting way to downgrade a nice performance.

It does matter.

He's not supplanting Romo. That wasn't the plan. He was drafted to develop behind Romo and maybe one day be the guy.

He was a college star and now he's been an NFL star against second and third string defenses. It's a step.

I would guess it's possible he starts in week four of preseason.  If so, that'll be our only chance to see him against the ones. 

Today everyone will discredit him dominating the twos and threes. If Romo is hurt in week eight of the regular season, every one will suddenly be all interested in how Dak did in preseason. 

These preseason performances are supposed to come with a grain of salt, not a truckload of salt dumped on your head. 

I like this kid a ton and I'm going to continue to until he gives me a reason not to.

... that'll be our only chance to see him against the ones. 

Today everyone will discredit him dominating the twos and threes. If Romo is hurt in week eight of the regular season, every one will suddenly be all interested in how Dak did in preseason. 
I would have to go back and rewatch, but I thought Dak played at least one drive with the #1 Miami D on the field (TD to Dez).  It was only one drive though...

Users who are viewing this thread