What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (1 Viewer)

Found this on Twitter:

1st 3 years:

comp% 
dak: 65.7% 
wentz:63.6%
Tom brady:61.9%
Drew Brees:61.4%

Passing Yards
Dak: 10,121
Wentz: 10,152
Tom brady:10,227
Drew Brees:8,551

Passing TDs 
Dak:62
Wentz:70
Tom brady:69
Drew Brees:55

Passer rating
Dak: 95.5
Wentz:91.8
Tom brady:86.0
Drew brees:83.0

Ints
Dak:24
Wentz:28
Tom brady:38
Drew Brees:38

Sacks
Dak:102
Wentz:90
Tom brady:104
Drew Brees:63

Yards per throw
Dak:7.4 (that's weird I thought he was dink and dunk)
Wentz:7.0
Tom Brady:6.6
Drew Brees:6.7

Rushing TDs
Dak:17
Wentz:2
Tom Brady:2
Drew Brees:3

Rushing yards
Dak:940
Wentz:545
Tom brady:216
Drew Brees:299

Found this on Twitter:

1st 3 years:

comp% 

Passing Yards

Passing TDs 

Passer rating

Ints

Sacks

Yards per throw

Rushing TDs

Rushing yards

Found this on Twitter:

1st 3 years:

comp% 

Passing Yards

Passing TDs 

Passer rating

Ints

Sacks

Yards per throw

Rushing TDs

Rushing yards
This is an outstanding example of why Dak gets bashed MUCH too often & many times needlessly (even from Cowboys fans). Goff throws a bunch of picks & it's ok.

Dak has been a real find as a 4th round pick. He's regressed from his rookie season a bit, but seems to have a knack for making big plays when they need him. Is he the future? I don't know yet as a Dallas fan, but I can tell you there are other teams who would love to have him.

As far as FF, Dak is QB14 in my dynasty league which makes him a starter. If you count his numbers since Cooper arrived, he's QB7. And in that timeframe, Dak has helped Cooper become WR1 (non-PPR).

Put that in your pipe & smoke it.

They are definitely on the same page.  Gallop has gotten open 5-10 yards behind the defense at least 4 times in the last two games and Dak misses him every time.  Cooper gets open and he throws a strike.  

A little luck on the last TD didn't hurt either.
Yeah, for you fantasy guys curious about Gallup’s potential, he should have at least another 200 yards and 4 TDs, probably more. 

Same guy will be throwing him the ball so it depends if you’re pro Dak or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty interesting data. I bet there are more then a few in our division thinking, "but I been saying he sucks?" :toilet:

I have mahomes and dak,  I like dak a lot this week.  The weather and hill injury really influencing me or I wouldn’t consider dak 

This is an outstanding example of why Dak gets bashed MUCH too often & many times needlessly (even from Cowboys fans). Goff throws a bunch of picks & it's ok.

Dak has been a real find as a 4th round pick. He's regressed from his rookie season a bit, but seems to have a knack for making big plays when they need him. Is he the future? I don't know yet as a Dallas fan, but I can tell you there are other teams who would love to have him.

As far as FF, Dak is QB14 in my dynasty league which makes him a starter. If you count his numbers since Cooper arrived, he's QB7. And in that timeframe, Dak has helped Cooper become WR1 (non-PPR).

He looked better the other night.  And you can make stats say one thing or another.

But it doesn't change my position that Dak's arm is the Cowboys weakest link.

I was at that game. Multiple times guys were open downfield and Checkdown Dak dumped it off almost every time. It's clear he's not comfortable throwing deep. At all.
On the big plays he got it done, but even those.. you could nit pick the throws.  I mean as a kid I understood you need to put air under deep balls.

The turnovers (4 right?) - 12 targets to Zeke.

Not when you don’t have to pay your quarterback north of 21 ish million a year. 
A couple more games like this and you aren't getting him for that.

He looked better the other night.  And you can make stats say one thing or another.

But it doesn't change my position that Dak's arm is the Cowboys weakest link.
If the OL is healthy I'd start to agree with you and that's awesome.  Seems like yesterday the WRs were the worst in the league and they had zero TEs.

I was at that game. Multiple times guys were open downfield and Checkdown Dak dumped it off almost every time. It's clear he's not comfortable throwing deep. At all.
10.8 yards per completion.  I'll take that every game from Dak all day long.  78% completion rate, QB rating of 105.

On the big plays he got it done, but even those.. you could nit pick the throws.  I mean as a kid I understood you need to put air under deep balls.

The turnovers (4 right?) - 12 targets to Zeke.

A couple more games like this and you aren't getting him for that.
3 turn overs and one of the interceptions was just a great play by the defense.  1 really bad overthrow and a sack fumble.  But that fourth quarter and overtime tho: 17-20 243, 3TDs with a QB rating of 156.8.  

If the OL is healthy I'd start to agree with you and that's awesome.  Seems like yesterday the WRs were the worst in the league and they had zero TEs.

10.8 yards per completion.  I'll take that every game from Dak all day long.  78% completion rate, QB rating of 105.

3 turn overs and one of the interceptions was just a great play by the defense.  1 really bad overthrow and a sack fumble.  But that fourth quarter and overtime tho: 17-20 243, 3TDs with a QB rating of 156.8.  
When you are resorting to (cherry picking) single games, and more specifically individual quarters - you kind of demonstrate the larger point being made.

When you are resorting to (cherry picking) single games, and more specifically individual quarters - instead of a season, or career -you kind of demonstrate the larger point being made.
Steadymobbin already posted those.  I was mostly agreeing with you and answering your question on the number of turn overs.  Pointing out what a stud he was at the end of the game was just frosting, you can ignore that. 

Dak Prescott completed 22-of-33 passes for 226 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Cowboys' Wild Card victory over the Seahawks.

With 2:33 left to play and Dallas leading by only a field goal, Rayne Dakota Prescott tucked the ball and heroically took off on 3rd-and-14 from inside the enemy's 20, bulldozing his way to Seattle's one-inch line. He punched it in on the very next play, sealing Dallas' first playoff victory with the third-year pro under center. As usual in their short time playing together so far, Amari Cooper was looked to often as he eclipsed the 100-yard mark for the third time since joining Dallas in Week 9. Whether it's the Rams or Saints on the plate next for Dallas, Prescott will undoubtedly be an intriguing DFS option in the Divisional Round since the Cowboys will be forced into an uptempo game script in order to match either opponent point-for-point.

Jan 5 - 11:32 PM

Dak Prescott completed 20-of-32 passes for 266 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' 30-22, Divisional Round loss to the Rams, adding two rushes for three yards and an additional score.

Prescott had an up-and-down effort to cap an up-and-down year. Prescott shook off his dismal 2017 to post a new career high in passing yards (3,885) while completing 67.7 percent of his passes, but it took the Cowboys' acquisition of Amari Cooper to really get him going. Prescott also failed to disprove the narrative that he struggles against zone coverage. Even with Cooper, Prescott was forced to make do with a shaky receiver corps. Going on 26 and headed into the final year of his rookie deal, Prescott will be a candidate for a contract extension, for better or worse.

Jan 12 - 11:22 PM

There were two plays last night that to me are emblematic of why Dak is not the kind of QB that will take his team to the promised land:

1. He had about four different guys open in zone coverage and threw a bouncer between two of them. 

2. He had Cooper in single coverage against a backup CB when Talib was being checked for a concussion. He noticed it and rolled out that way. But instead of throwing it downfield, he abruptly pivoted and threw a checkdown to Gathers - but he threw it behind him. 

QBs that make those kinds of decisions may rack up the fantasy points but aren’t likely to spur a team to the SB.

There were two plays last night that to me are emblematic of why Dak is not the kind of QB that will take his team to the promised land:

1. He had about four different guys open in zone coverage and threw a bouncer between two of them. 

2. He had Cooper in single coverage against a backup CB when Talib was being checked for a concussion. He noticed it and rolled out that way. But instead of throwing it downfield, he abruptly pivoted and threw a checkdown to Gathers - but he threw it behind him. 

QBs that make those kinds of decisions may rack up the fantasy points but aren’t likely to spur a team to the SB.
Dak has three seasons of NFL experience, that isn't enought. 

Look at where  Peyton, Brady, Brees, Montana etc were at three seasons compared to where they ended up.

Brady won a SB in year 3. The Colts were a major contender in year 3 and much of that was due to Manning. The 49ers were on the rise in year 3 and Montana was doing very well with the system Bill Walsh designed for him. Brees didn’t shine until his final year in SD, but the team around him was terrible. So your point makes no sense to me. If someone has started at QB every game for 3 years, we can usually tell by that point whether they have “it” or not. Dak doesn’t.

Brady won a SB in year 3. The Colts were a major contender in year 3 and much of that was due to Manning. The 49ers were on the rise in year 3 and Montana was doing very well with the system Bill Walsh designed for him. Brees didn’t shine until his final year in SD, but the team around him was terrible. So your point makes no sense to me. If someone has started at QB every game for 3 years, we can usually tell by that point whether they have “it” or not. Dak doesn’t.
Just one example....

Peyton;s third season he had a 62.5 comp%, his career.....65.3

He had a 94.7 passer rating,  his career....96.5

The same the rest, all of them having FAR better seasons later on in the career.

Give NFL QBing some time, three seasons....nay~~~~

Dak Prescott expects to be paid "what's deserved" on his next deal.

Prescott's $725,848 salary last season ranked 55th among quarterbacks. Heading into the final year of his rookie deal, Dak is looking for a big payday on his next contract and isn't interested in taking a home-town discount like Tom Brady. "I am here where I am today because of the people always saying what I couldn’t or could do," said the former Rookie of the Year. "But I just keep going out there and just doing what I know I can do best." After guiding Dallas to playoff appearances in two of his first three seasons, Prescott could be in line for an extension this offseason.

Source: USA Today 

Feb 8 - 4:54 PM

I don't even think he can take a hometown discount. The CBA sets the rate for fifth-year options so he's gonna get what he gets. Maybe if they sign a new deal?

Regardless, salary projections for QBs are within the 20-30mil range per year. 

This is why stats are so hilarious.  I can't figure out which is better between:

Comparing Dak's arm stats to Brady and Brees.. :lmao:

Comparing his running stats to Brady and Brees.. :lmao:

By these stats Dak should be coming out of this with a contract north of Aaron Rogers and Gurley's combined, amiright?

This is why stats are so hilarious.  I can't figure out which is better between:

Comparing Dak's arm stats to Brady and Brees.. :lmao:

Comparing his running stats to Brady and Brees.. :lmao:

By these stats Dak should be coming out of this with a contract north of Aaron Rogers and Gurley's combined, amiright?
The only hilarious stat you should be concerning yourself with is the comparison of Dak and Stafford’s playoff records.

:mellow:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1093985874369527808

Dak Prescott, who hopes for a new deal this offseason, on Tom Brady's team-friendly contract: "Nobody's wife makes as much money as his wife does either"
I get it, it's a business, and when a guy like Kirk Cousins gets a huge payday, a guy like Dak Prescott sees he can cash in for really not doing much accept being serviceable at a position that has a scarcity of quality.

It just sucks because if you pay a Dak Prescott caliber of QB, how are you going to sign enough talent to make up for his deficiencies under the salary cap?  

But what does that have to do with his contract or anything else football related, for that matter?
Is this a trick question? It has everything to with his contract. Tom Brady isn't the norm, he's an outlier. What he makes shouldn't effect Prescott at all, so when people say well Brady only makes this much, its meaningless. Especially when guys who I personally(and I'm sure Dak himself) feel aren't as good as Prescott make more than Brady. Guys like Garoppolo, Carr, Smith, Eli, and Flacco.

Basically, Brady doesn't need the money, he's not even the breadwinner in his own home. That isn't the case for Prescott or any other QB to my knowledge. Also, keep in mind, Prescott has been playing on a day 3 rookie deal, so he's not exactly set for life.

Not that you were necessarily making this point, but I've seen it brought up enough to address it. Hypothetically, if your CEO came to you and said I'm prepared to give you 30 times your current salary, but we'll have to fire a few of your co-workers, and they may or may not be guys you like, would anyone seriously turn that down? If you would, you are a hell of a lot more selfless than I am, or possibly a rube.

Is this a trick question? It has everything to with his contract. Tom Brady isn't the norm, he's an outlier. What he makes shouldn't effect Prescott at all, so when people say well Brady only makes this much, its meaningless. Especially when guys who I personally(and I'm sure Dak himself) feel aren't as good as Prescott make more than Brady. Guys like Garoppolo, Carr, Smith, Eli, and Flacco.

Basically, Brady doesn't need the money, he's not even the breadwinner in his own home. That isn't the case for Prescott or any other QB to my knowledge. Also, keep in mind, Prescott has been playing on a day 3 rookie deal, so he's not exactly set for life.

Not that you were necessarily making this point, but I've seen it brought up enough to address it. Hypothetically, if your CEO came to you and said I'm prepared to give you 30 times your current salary, but we'll have to fire a few of your co-workers, and they may or may not be guys you like, would anyone seriously turn that down? If you would, you are a hell of a lot more selfless than I am, or possibly a rube.
Turning that down isn’t a binary choice though.  If making 30x current costs 5 coworkers their jobs, for instance, I can see myself willing to take 25x and spare them.  It’s not like I have to give up any giant payday at all to keep them on the company payroll, and suddenly making 25x my current salary is going to be life-changing enough.

No, what Tom Brady's wife makes is totally irrelevant to how much Dak Prescott or any other QB should make. It has nothing to do with Dak's contract.

No, what Tom Brady's wife makes is totally irrelevant to how much Dak Prescott or any other QB should make. It has nothing to do with Dak's contract.
Its very relevant to what Tom Brady makes. He could play for the league minimum, and his life wouldn't be even remotely different. Prescott and almost any other QB, can't. Therefore, its silly to hold any other QB to Brady's financial standard. That is what Prescott was getting at, and he was right to say as such. 

Turning that down isn’t a binary choice though.  If making 30x current costs 5 coworkers their jobs, for instance, I can see myself willing to take 25x and spare them.  It’s not like I have to give up any giant payday at all to keep them on the company payroll, and suddenly making 25x my current salary is going to be life-changing enough.
Its a little more complex than that. Maybe going from 30X to 25X spares 1 guy, and you don't know ahead of time who it will be. My point was, Prescott has every reason to want the highest amount of money he can get, and its what almost everyone would/should do. 

Jerry Jones said the Cowboys are "sold" on Dak Prescott.

"We think he's worthy of investing in for the long term," Jones continued. "We see real upside in Dak. You don't have it all yet." According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill, the Cowboys have made more progress in their talks with Prescott than Amari Cooper, and Dallas is comfortable paying the quarterback a salary which approaches $30 million per year. With Prescott entering the final year of his contract, that deal will likely come this summer.

SOURCE: Rich Eisen Show

May 7, 2019, 11:28 AM ET

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports the Cowboys have offered Dak Prescott a contract and are waiting for a counteroffer.

Slater also reports that the two sides aren't "close" to a deal, but the Cowboys are "very comfortable with Dak (Prescott) being our future." Jerry Jones personally said he's "sold" on Prescott, so it appears that it's just a matter of getting the details straightened out. Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill said the Cowboys are comfortable paying Prescott a salary that approaches $30 million per year.

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter

May 7, 2019, 7:05 PM ET

So what's he likely to get? More than Carson numbers? I remember toward the end of last season Cowboy's fans were hoping Jerry would pay him no more than in the low $20s M per year but with NFL QB contract inflation the way it is that's a pipe dream now.

Users who are viewing this thread