Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
thatguy

***Official*** Dak Prescott Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ack88 said:

Same guy. Stat compilers. Good against poor and mediocre competition in early and mid season games. Always fade late against good teams.

Both Romo and Dak have great stats and are fantasy football all stars, but somewhat overrated as actual NFL players.

Again, it’s not completely their fault, but stand by the overrated tag for both.

Since I am not a Cowboy fan I really don`t care if they win or lose.  I wil take a 42-37 with 3-400 yard passing and 3-4 TDs loss everyday over a 17-13 win with low numbers.  I had Romo is his heyday as well.   Would love it when I saw Dallas was losing 21-7 in the first half knowing Romo would have to throw it 40-50 times.

Matt Stafford was the same in his best years.  Lions were always losing so he compiled lots of stats.  These types of qBs are great for your FF team.  As far as getting your real NFL to the SuperBowl not so sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Since I am not a Cowboy fan I really don`t care if they win or lose.  I wil take a 42-37 with 3-400 yard passing and 3-4 TDs loss everyday over a 17-13 win with low numbers.  I had Romo is his heyday as well.   Would love it when I saw Dallas was losing 21-7 in the first half knowing Romo would have to throw it 40-50 times.

Matt Stafford was the same in his best years.  Lions were always losing so he compiled lots of stats.  These types of qBs are great for your FF team.  As far as getting your real NFL to the SuperBowl not so sure.

Agreed.  Dak is a great FF QB, and a very good NFL one, IMO.  It doesn't help that Dallas' D is trash and they are playing from behind a lot, but he has an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Since I am not a Cowboy fan I really don`t care if they win or lose.  I wil take a 42-37 with 3-400 yard passing and 3-4 TDs loss everyday over a 17-13 win with low numbers.  I had Romo is his heyday as well.   Would love it when I saw Dallas was losing 21-7 in the first half knowing Romo would have to throw it 40-50 times.

Matt Stafford was the same in his best years.  Lions were always losing so he compiled lots of stats.  These types of qBs are great for your FF team.  As far as getting your real NFL to the SuperBowl not so sure.

Interesting comparisons to Romo and Stafford. I agree that Stafford and Dak have just had atrocious defenses or coaching or both to go with good WR play. Matt Ryan has had similar career as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game one, had a sideline bomb taken away on a highly questionable offensive pass interference call, probably would have won them the game.

Game two, miracle comeback, amazing performance.

Game three, miracle comeback, amazing performance, doesn't get the win because the defense can't get a stop to save their lives. 

Of course, the verdict is Dak can't win. Some guys will never overcome the narrative assigned to them unless the stars align and their teams are able to gut out wins in the playoffs. Even if Dak sets passing records this year the perception won't change unless that defense becomes respectable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Game one, had a sideline bomb taken away on a highly questionable offensive pass interference call, probably would have won them the game.

Game two, miracle comeback, amazing performance.

Game three, miracle comeback, amazing performance, doesn't get the win because the defense can't get a stop to save their lives. 

Of course, the verdict is Dak can't win. Some guys will never overcome the narrative assigned to them unless the stars align and their teams are able to gut out wins in the playoffs. Even if Dak sets passing records this year the perception won't change unless that defense becomes respectable.


The narrative is that Dak is a winner though.  He’ll be fine. Let the old racist and salty Romo lovers eat their crow. 

I do have some concerns that this team is leaning too much towards offensive skill positions at the detriment of the once formidable offensive line. 
 

I’ll say this till the day I die....

In the first round of the draft you take a OLman. Every single year unless there is a unicorn. You draft a guy to replace your first round pick Olineman you drafted 4 years ago and u less he’s special, you let that guy walk. This will keep your offensive line heathy, deep and devastating. You can win with OK receivers if you have a great line. 
 

Of they don’t get back to restocking this line you’re looking at another decade of what you saw Sunday, tons of offense and crappy backbreaking defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Game one, had a sideline bomb taken away on a highly questionable offensive pass interference call, probably would have won them the game.

Game two, miracle comeback, amazing performance.

Game three, miracle comeback, amazing performance, doesn't get the win because the defense can't get a stop to save their lives. 

Of course, the verdict is Dak can't win. Some guys will never overcome the narrative assigned to them unless the stars align and their teams are able to gut out wins in the playoffs. Even if Dak sets passing records this year the perception won't change unless that defense becomes respectable.

You have to actually win before you can claim to be a winner.

Dak can win but he’s 9-10 over his last 19 games. He’s played very well at times but has also struggled. I do think he can lead this team to good results, but that really hasn’t happened yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:


The narrative is that Dak is a winner though.  He’ll be fine. Let the old racist and salty Romo lovers eat their crow. 

I do have some concerns that this team is leaning too much towards offensive skill positions at the detriment of the once formidable offensive line. 
 

I’ll say this till the day I die....

In the first round of the draft you take a OLman. Every single year unless there is a unicorn. You draft a guy to replace your first round pick Olineman you drafted 4 years ago and u less he’s special, you let that guy walk. This will keep your offensive line heathy, deep and devastating. You can win with OK receivers if you have a great line. 
 

Of they don’t get back to restocking this line you’re looking at another decade of what you saw Sunday, tons of offense and crappy backbreaking defense. 

Race has nothing to do with this and insinuating that is does undercuts the foundation of your argument. 
 

Dak is not alone in sharing the responsibility for the team’s underwhelming results- injuries and bad coaching play prominently into the equation, as does a horrific defense. 
 

Dak is a good QB, but not great. Romo was a good QB, but not great. Fantasy football and real football are two different things and many often equate greatness in one as equivalent as greatness in the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ack88 said:

Race has nothing to do with this and insinuating that is does undercuts the foundation of your argument. 
 

Dak is not alone in sharing the responsibility for the team’s underwhelming results- injuries and bad coaching play prominently into the equation, as does a horrific defense. 
 

Dak is a good QB, but not great. Romo was a good QB, but not great. Fantasy football and real football are two different things and many often equate greatness in one as equivalent as greatness in the other. 

I am the last person to pull the race card. I think it’s awful but there is zero reason to like Romo over Dak unless race involved. I’m not pointing the finger at you but it’s hard to think that race doesn’t play a factor with the millions of unknowledgeable, pretend Cowboys fans. 

Dak is everything Romo wasn’t. Tough, great leader, and a winner. Romo was a straight loser. He was the coach from the movie waterboy. 

I couldn't care less about FF. I think the team should have stuck drafting Olinemen - the road grading mauler types, not the athletic guys they have been taking recently. I’m a firm believer in winning with defense, a strong running game and using playaction. 
 

This team has gotten away from that identity and we’re trending right back to the Romo years unless we restock this line and fast. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I am the last person to pull the race card. I think it’s awful but there is zero reason to like Romo over Dak unless race involved. I’m not pointing the finger at you but it’s hard to think that race doesn’t play a factor with the millions of the unknowledgeable, pretend Cowboys fans. 

Dak is everything Romo wasn’t. Tough, great leader, and a winner. Romo was a straight loser. He was the coach from the movie waterboy. 

I couldn't care less about FF. I think the team should have stuck drafting Olinemen - the road grading mauler types, not the athletic guys they have been taking recently. I’m a firm believer in winning with defense, a strong running game and using playaction. 
 

This team has gotten away from that identity and we’re trending right back to the Romo years unless we restock this line and fast. 

Romo was a paper champion. Fun to watch, great for fantasy, but folded in the big spot. I like Dak and am rooting for him. I’m simply unsure as to whether he is the long term answer. He’s a class act and a leader, easy to relate to and a real good person, as we saw with his brother’s terrible struggle with depression.

I still feel that he could be great but isn’t there yet. McCarthy looks the same as Garrett and the defense is atrocious. Unfortunately, think we are staring 8-8 in the face again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a FF owner, not a DC fan. He has been superb and Firm No 4 overall in my league behind Mahomes and Lamar, that's about where many were hoping. I did reach a little early in the 5th but wanted to get someone I felt could have some explosive weeks. 

The Dallas schedule is pretty soft most of the way, they should be in almost every game, that would seem to be good for Dak. 

He has weapons and there is pressure on them to win a soft division, shouldn't be that hard to go 10-6 for them, even 9-7 likely to win the East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ack88 said:

 

I still feel that he could be great but isn’t there yet. McCarthy looks the same as Garrett and the defense is atrocious. Unfortunately, think we are staring 8-8 in the face again.


Anybody is better than Jason Garrett. I like all the adjustments they make, they need their two tackles back and they should be fine.  

Seattle was a true test and they almost won. People got to remember that this is Russell Wilson’s NINTH season. I one-hundred percent love the Way Prescott is progressing.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:


Anybody is better than Jason Garrett. I like all the adjustments they make, they need their two tackles back and they should be fine.  

Seattle was a true test and they almost won. People got to remember that this is Russell Wilson’s NINTH season. I one-hundred percent love the Way Prescott is progressing.

I hope you are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

Dak Prescott completed 41-of-58 passes for 502 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception in Dallas' Week 4 loss to Cleveland.

Prescott became the first quarterback in league history to throw for at least 450 yards in three consecutive games, moving the Cowboys to 1-2 in that span (and 1-3 on the year). A majority of his yardage Sunday occurred in garbage time as the Cowboys entered the fourth quarter trailing 41-22 and were forced to put their foot on the gas to keep the game competitive. Prescott brought the team within three points, 41-38, with six minutes remaining in regulation but could only watch as Dallas' atrocious defense allowed Odell Beckham to rush for a 50-yard touchdown on an end around on the very next drive. The team's defense (or lack thereof) is clearly a plus for Prescott, who is currently on pace for 804 attempts, 6,760 passing yards, and 36 touchdowns through the first month of the season. He'll remain an elite QB1 in Week 5 against the Giants.

- Rotoworld

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG HORRENDOUS!  

 

How sad, you hate to see that beyond all belief. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's horrible. Even as a Washington fan HATE to see that. :( 

Edited by ffmail4me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I missed it what happened? 

Pretty horrific lower leg/ankle injury on a 1st and 10 down QB run play. Carted off.

Edited by dickey moe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s something you never want to see. The look on his face when he was carted off broke my heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate for any player to go through this type of injury.  Best of luck Dak for your recovery and hope to see you back in the NFL in due time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder how this affects future QBs playing in dallas...

probably doesnt, if jerry opens his chequebook... but maybe gives some guys pause?

nah. 

just garbage for dak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

wonder how this affects future QBs playing in dallas...

probably doesnt, if jerry opens his chequebook... but maybe gives some guys pause?

nah. 

just garbage for dak

I don't see how it has much effect at all.  Jerry didn't want to give a king's ransom for a mobile QB who isn't elite.  That was a more than reasonable stance.  Sadly, Dak got hurt and Jerry comes off looking kinda smart, but the Cowboys have a long history of paying players. 

Hope Dak is okay and can come back sooner rather than later.  He is fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

this is why these guys want to get paid. guaranteed monies.

He’ll get his 100 million plus deal anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being transported to the local hospital for that ankle.

Sad to see. Hard to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottybo said:

Dislocated/broken ankle. Out 18-24 weeks MONTHS

That's Sad if that's going to be the case but I think you might be right, that's just terrible. I feel bad for the kid, he was fun to watch and had such a great approach to the game. It's unfortunate Dallas has so many haters but that's what happens when you are America's Team. jerry Jones has always taken care of his players and he will do the right thing, whatever that is to make a bridge and keep Dak in the fold while he heals. That's just how I feel, things could play out differently. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Marmalade said:

walk it off

Don't try to make jokes on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be bad if he’s having surgery tonight. Trimalleolar fracture. You heard it here first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, scottybo said:

Dislocated/broken ankle. Out 18-24 weeks.

Honestly, I hope he's back and ready to go in 18-24 weeks.  18 would be mighty optimistic, I'd think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really sad news....hope he gets back by next season.

Dalton worth the add?  Still seems like they'll throw the ball around and he's competent.  Could the Dallas O be better than any he had in Cinci?

 

Edited by xenon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just feel horrible for Dak, I hate the Cowboys, but seeing how emotional he was when he was being carted off the field, and then remembering what happened to his older brother earlier this year, it really made me feel so sad for him.   I sure hope he has a speedy recovery and will be as close to 100% as possible for the 2021 season.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks for him but the franchise will be better off with this. Franchise was MORE THAN FAIR with their offer.  Will finally put an end to this charade he's worth paying as a high end talent.

 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Sucks for him but the franchise will be better off with this. Franchise has MORE THAN FAIR with their offer.  Will finally put an end to this charade he's worth paying as a high end talent.

 

I agree here. Dak over played his hand, although he is in good company when you consider the names he stands with for stats. This should put an end to it all and is a good reminder for a lot of players out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

recovers (and he will) and gets to play the free market for best fit and a massive contract. 

who isnt signing him that needs a qb? he'll have a very healthy market and payday (and i dont even like dak much)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dizzy said:

Compound fracture. Yikes. 😩

And that's why they needed to have surgery performed tonight. 

I think rather than project a timeframe for recovery, I think we should all just take a moment and either pray, reflect, hope for the best, we can discuss when he might return later on. Right now, maybe just hearing how he pulls thru tomorrow and hope he doesn't suffer any more than he has to. I bet in a couple months we might hear some good things like the bones are healed but the time frame for him ot return to sports might be a very long road. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping for a swift recovery for Dak.    He's always carried himself in a classy manner.    This has been an awful year for him and his family.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Sucks for him but the franchise will be better off with this. Franchise was MORE THAN FAIR with their offer.  Will finally put an end to this charade he's worth paying as a high end talent.

 

His numbers this and last season showed he was worth the price he put himself on.

"Sucks" is really underselling it.

Edited by wgoldsph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

His numbers this and last season showed he was worth the price he put himself on.

If you believe piling up garbage time stats, missing the playoffs and not watching film that clearly shows he's an average QB, sure.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

If you believe piling up garbage time stats, missing the playoffs and not watching film that clearly shows he's an average QB, sure.

At various points in his career, he's been given:

Best RB in the game. 

Best O-line in the game.

One of the better WR duos in the game

One of the best WR trios in the game.

The return given all that has been very mediocre. Dallas dodged a bullet with him rejecting their offer. Good for them for pulling the bag back after he realized that mistake and tried to get that previous offer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

If you believe piling up garbage time stats, missing the playoffs and not watching film that clearly shows he's an average QB, sure.

He's not the coach of the team.  He doesn't play defense. He's not Jerry Jones.

Dan Marino must have sucked by those standards (not saying just saying).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:

At various points in his career, he's been given:

Best RB in the game. 

Best O-line in the game.

One of the better WR duos in the game

One of the best WR trios in the game.

The return given all that has been very mediocre. Dallas dodged a bullet with him rejecting their offer. Good for them for pulling the bag back after he realized that mistake and tried to get that previous offer.

The team had a nice year his rookie year as he rode Elliott's coattail 4 or 5 years ago. He's been about a .500 QB since. Dak makes no one better. He's a marginal QB.

If you want to base contract value on piling up garbage time stats last/this season and missing the playoffs (or "leading" to a 1-3 record this season), feel free :shrug: 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.