What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Been a long time... (1 Viewer)

... since I played fantasy baseball. A coworker offered me a spot in his H2H points league, and I took it. Feeling a little rusty after a 10-year hiatus. And the points format is new to me - always played H2H categories before. My question is about constructing a pitching staff - what's the best way to go? In past years my strategy was two aces and a lot of closers, leaving a couple spots open for waiver pickups who were starting twice in a given week. But what works best in this different format? Don't know if the scoring is standard or custom, so:

3 pts/inning pitched

1 pt/strikeout

-1/hit allowed

-1/walk

-2/earned run

5 pts/win or save

-4/loss

-1/blown save

12 starts/week limit

(Unlimited transactions btw)

Any tips would be appreciated!

3 pts per IP is an unusual scoring system.  At first glance, the category seems too heavily weighted, especially in a weekly H2H league.

Points leagues are pretty transparent.  Export 2015 stats or 2016 projections into a spreadsheet and calculate out the points.  It won't guarantee success but it'll provide a good idea of what types of pitchers do well in the format

Users who are viewing this thread