What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Hunter Henry, NE (1 Viewer)

just can't trust him to stay healthy he's just as likely to go 1-13 and go down with an injury next week. 

I have to see a full season from this guy before I put my eggs in that basket. 

Last edited by a moderator:
just can't trust him to stay healthy he's just as likely to go 1-13 and go down with an injury next week. 

I have to see a full season from this guy before I put my eggs in that basket. 
:lmao: that makes no sense.  Any player can get injured.  

Hunter Henry caught 8-of-9 targets for 100 yards and two touchdowns in the Chargers' Week 6 loss to the Steelers.

Henry was expected to function in a limited capacity, but wound up dominating for most of the evening. He caught an 18-yard pass down the seam on the Chargers’ first offensive play of the game and largely carved up the Steelers’ secondary in the intermediate areas of the field at will. Henry’s first touchdown featured a beautiful toe tap in the back of the end zone, while his second came on a pretty post from 11 yards out. Best of all: Henry appeared to be very close to 100% with no notable signs of injury. Fire him up as a TE1 for next week’s matchup against the Titans.

Sweet. On my bench and a bit too late to save an awful, awful start by an awful fantasy team.

I'm not having much luck. Henry looked great tonight. Glad I added him on the wire.

Sweet. On my bench and a bit too late to save an awful, awful start by an awful fantasy team.

I'm not having much luck. Henry looked great tonight. Glad I added him on the wire.
Same....I had him in my lineup too until I saw "limited."  Everett continued where OJ Howard left off lol

I had the Hock before the bye -- had to let him go with the uncertainty -- so it's been way up and way down for me.
Tight end has been a nightmare.  I had Howard, picked up Herndon....dropped both for Henry and Everett.  I'll try to pick Herndon back up.  Hopefully Henry pans out, he looked good.  I'll take 9 targets.

Kudos to those of us who had faith and made the leap 👍
Yeah, I didn't make much of a leap, Vance was the best available on the WW.  If I had another legitimate option, I would not have started him so I was more lucky than anything.

Yeah, I didn't make much of a leap, Vance was the best available on the WW.  If I had another legitimate option, I would not have started him so I was more lucky than anything.
Yup. Bye weeks, injuries, late breaking news and desperation forced my hand to start him. Hock was my alternative this week, so it wasn't much of a gamble to pivot to Henry when we found out he was Active.   

How would you value Henry in leagues that count TE the same as WR?

Hunter is available in one of my leagues and I’m just trying to decide how much to spend on him

I'd consider Henry as a sell high player. coming off a big week, Rivers is REALLY struggling, the offense is down a few linemen, the play calling is stale, the team isn't in sync. 100 yards in garbage time is a perfect sell high opportunity for Henry. he'll crash back down to earth next week.

100 yards in garbage time is a perfect sell high opportunity for Henry.
He had 32 in the first quarter. :mellow:

And Rivers does what Rivers does, as seen by his past 10 seasons... 4300 (12-4), 4500 (9-7), 4400 (5-11), 4800 (4-12), 4300 (9-7), 4500 (9-7), 3600 (7-9), 4600 (8-8), 4700 (9-7), 4300 (13-3).  With his current pace that of 4,760 yards.

But sure, 100 yards and 2 TDs is a high mark for any TE during any game. If you sell today you are selling high.

If you own Hunter Henry and another legitimate tight end and you are not shopping Hunter hard this week, you aren't doing fantasy football correctly.

I've been trying to trade Hunter and either Chark or McLaurin for one of the underachieving tier 1 receivers:  Adams, JuJu, Hopkins, or AJ Green.  So far no bites.
One of these things is not like the others...

I would be holding tight to Adams, Juju and Hopkins in dynasty but would LOVE to flip Green for either of those younger WRs.

One of these things is not like the others...

I would be holding tight to Adams, Juju and Hopkins in dynasty but would LOVE to flip Green for either of those younger WRs.
I think Green is going to have a huge December.  Maybe it'll be for the Bengals or maybe somebody else.  He is going to be playing for his next contract.  He is going to be balling.

Maybe. Depends on each situation. My team’s good enough where I prefer to own the insurance.
Exactly. Just won my bid for him and I'm an Ertz owner. If anything, keep him away from the competition. I outbid the guy behind me in second place by $1. 

Had an offer out prior to last week:  my juju and Henry for Kelce.  Agreed to in Prinicipal but the guy didn’t want to make the trade until after this week (we were playing each other).  I withdrew and am now feeling like it’s too much to give up.

Hunter Henry caught 6-of-8 targets for 97 yards in the Chargers' Week 7 loss to the Titans.

It was another perfect game script for the Chargers' pass-catchers, and Henry was a prime beneficiary. Philip Rivers locked onto Henry and Austin Ekeler in the second half, which was by far the best way they were able to move the ball. In his two games since his injury, Henry has eight and nine targets, making Henry a rock-solid TE1 regardless of matchup. The Chargers will take on the Bears in Chicago next.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:50 PM ET

Henry has 4 career games without Antonio Gates playing... 21 - 293 - 3.

That's 5.25 - 73.25 - 0.75 per and pro-rates to... 84 - 1,172 - 12.

:shiny:

Hunter Henry caught 7-of-10 targets for 84 yards in the Chargers' Week 9 win over the Packers.

It was another excellent day for Henry, who is now averaging 82 yards since his Week 6 return. He has forced himself into the top three at tight end. He will have an excellent shot at staying hot for Week 10 vs. the Raiders' laughable pass defense, which features almost zero "talent" at the linebacker position.

Nov 3, 2019, 8:12 PM ET

I'd consider Henry as a sell high player. coming off a big week, Rivers is REALLY struggling, the offense is down a few linemen, the play calling is stale, the team isn't in sync. 100 yards in garbage time is a perfect sell high opportunity for Henry. he'll crash back down to earth next week.
Imagine having this bad of a take.

Hunter Henry caught 4-of-7 targets for 30 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 10 loss to the Raiders.

It was Henry's quietest night since returning in Week 6, but he still managed to find the end zone. Henry was left all alone on his two-yard score in the second quarter. That was nice, though Henry did make a massive mistake when he slipped on the second of three Philip Rivers interceptions. Now established as a weekly top-three option at the tight end position, Henry will get the Chiefs on 11 days rest in Week 11.

Nov 8, 2019, 12:10 AM ET

Good first half and then totally ignored the 2nd half. Don’t get it. A big reason they lose a close one tonight. 
Yep, no idea why they stopped working the middle of the field. Was Rivers that gun-shy after his awful INT's? I mean, I could see that with a guy like Darnold or something, but not a 16 year vet.

Henry should have had double the yards he had at least. So should have Allen. Just an awful game from Rivers, and the o-line wasn't the reason why, this was on Rivers. He's too good to not bounce back, but its worrying as Oakland has been a bottom feeder defense.

All that said, Henry still put up a solid TE week, so he's established a pretty high floor.

Rivers is so bad.  He beat up on an awful AFC west for years and compiled tons of stats.  But whenever a primetime game or playoff game comes up you see his true form.  Some of the throws last night he just threw it up without even scanning the field. Every year he has multiple meltdown games like last night where he has multiple turnovers.  Doesnt help that hes basically a statue in the pocket and takes sacks like crazy.  I know most are aware of all this but it just irks me when I hear his name get mentioned with the other really great qbs.  Hes garbage

Hunter Henry caught 6-of-9 targets for 69 yards in the Chargers' Week 11 loss to the Chiefs.

As consistent as they come at tight end, Henry has 60 yards and/or one touchdown in 6-of-7 games played this season and is showing no ill effects of the knee injury that sidelined him Weeks 2-5. Henry has seen at least six targets in each game since returning from injury and will get a Week 13 date with the Broncos after the bye. He missed the Week 5 matchup with Denver.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:15 AM ET

Hunter Henry caught 2-of-3 targets for 10 yards in the Chargers' Week 13 loss to the Broncos.

Sunday was a reminder that the Chargers boast a crowded passing game with multiple RBs, WRs and Henry all deserving of targets. The Chargers’ stud TE will have better weeks. Continue to treat Henry as a TE1 ahead of next week’s bounce-back spot against the Jaguars.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:50 PM ET

Hunter Henry caught 2-of-4 targets for 39 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers’ Week 14 win over the Jaguars.

Henry’s touchdown came from 30 yards out and was largely the result of busted coverage. Still, it’s another big week for the Chargers’ talented starting TE. There will be some duds all around in a passing game that includes so many solid pass catchers, but Henry is talented enough at a scarce TE position to warrant weekly high-end TE1 consideration regardless of the matchup. This is particularly true in Week 15 at home against a Vikings defense that had allowed the ninth-most yards to opposing TEs entering Sunday.

Hunter Henry caught 5-of-7 targets for 45 yards in the Chargers' Week 16 loss to the Raiders.

Henry has 45 yards or fewer in five of his last six games and two touchdowns in that span. He's reliable for a floor, but Henry hasn't possessed much upside in this broken offense. Henry will close out his season in Week 17 against the Chiefs.

Well one,  Rivers is awful this year.
In that last series in the red zone he didn’t even look once at Henry his biggest target. Don’t get it.

two guys made of glass.  good when they play but the can't stay healthy. and their contracts will be higher than a rookie TE , right? just find a good one in the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread