Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Hunter Henry, Los Angeles Chargers

The only thing worse than losing Henry for the season mid may, is him still being listed as out so you cant put him on ir 

Eric Williams @eric_d_williams

Four months out from ACL right knee surgery, TE Hunter Henry running diagonal sprints. Wearing a knee brace. Impressive.

12:23 PM - 14 Sep 2018

13 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

maybe based on the severity and timing, he can come back, would be huge to have him on the field this year...and for ####s sake Bosa too, why cant the chargers have nice things?

Yes, it can be real infuriating with constant reported injury from Chargers.  It actually made me questioning the competency of their medical and training staff.  Why can't they have a similar approach made by Eagles and other teams. 

Not for nothing but the coaches son of the high school (Pulaski Academy)  that Hunter Henry attended, a coach that HH I've heard has a tight bond with to this day, that coaches  son returned from an ACL injury in 69 days. Granted this was at the HS level but I got a lot of people from Arkansas who were telling me back when HH got hurt to not dismiss him trying to come back early, that he has a tight bond with this coach and it would impact how fast he thought he could return.

He's also playing on a team whose QB played in a game with an ACL and per Dr Chao made one of fastest ACL recoveries.

Here is a link to the story of the ACL in 69 days story in case anyone is dubious: https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/nov/26/zacks-back/

I personally wish he'd sit out the year, but my guess is if they are contending you'll see him on the field later this year.

This is such a Chargers move. The kid is only 23. Put his ### on IR and tell him to be ready for next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

Not for nothing but the coaches son of the high school (Pulaski Academy)  that Hunter Henry attended, a coach that HH I've heard has a tight bond with to this day, that coaches  son returned from an ACL injury in 69 days. Granted this was at the HS level but I got a lot of people from Arkansas who were telling me back when HH got hurt to not dismiss him trying to come back early, that he has a tight bond with this coach and it would impact how fast he thought he could return.

He's also playing on a team whose QB played in a game with an ACL and per Dr Chao made one of fastest ACL recoveries.

Here is a link to the story of the ACL in 69 days story in case anyone is dubious: https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/nov/26/zacks-back/

I personally wish he'd sit out the year, but my guess is if they are contending you'll see him on the field later this year.

Dr Chao also said today that it's good too see Henry doing this right now but that he's still months away

David J. Chao, MD‏Verified account @ProFootballDoc 6h6 hours ago

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Eric Williams

Good to see but still months from ready. A soccer player did return from ACL in 4 months to play in the 2003 World Cup

1 hour ago, FGITLOTR said:

Any updates on this guy and where he's at in the rehab process?

I was searching and didn't find anything. I wouldn't expect him back in 2018 though.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 8:27 AM, Tommy Collins said:

I was searching and didn't find anything. I wouldn't expect him back in 2018 though.

They haven't put him on the IR. He could play this year. Remember, he blew the knee months before the season started. 

Just now, Steelers4Life said:

How do people see him compared to the other top young TE's (Engram, Njoku maybe) in a dynasty format at this point?

In dynasty, right there with Engram, would rather have him than Njoku.