What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Official" Donald Trump for President: Great Wall of Mexico (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
The other thread was so robust with FFA turnout that we had to get a bigger thread and this one I am told by the Don himself will be great. 

At this point I would advise those who are supporting Trump to concentrate on doing just that and certainly the thread is open for anyone but we are asking for an observance of the house rules as put forth by the proprietors as well as Moderators in the forum.

The purpose of this thread is not to incite violence or hate. If simply reading about Donald Trump or his support is going to anger you, we ask that you pause a minute before replying to a post. 

And finally, you might think MOP is voting for Trump...that's not been decided and the last time I openly said I was voting for someone I endorsed Clinton and that was a couple years back. I had assumed she would win in a landslide but I didn't know Trump was running when I said what I said about Clinton. 

I don't assume to have all the answers so I am still learning and researching and asking questions. I am pretty familiar with Clinton over the last 30 years but I don't know what Trump will or won't do. I have a pretty good idea what Clinton will do and not do based on track record. 

So I am left with banking on the same old same old...might be good or bad....or I can take a plunge into something different with no real idea what the outcome might be...and yes even framing it that way I am seriously considering voting for Trump. I can't explain exactly why that is but I am drawn to the fact he enrages people, I can identify with some of that. 

We will try to make the FFA great again  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/03/28/trump_cnonfidant_roger_stone_drops_bombshell_after_bombshell_about_cruz_sex_scandal_if_its_not_true_sue_me_immediately.html

Roger Stone Drops Bombshell After Bombshell About Cruz Sex Scandal: If It's Not All True, "Sue Me Immediately"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbf0p3Ae9Q/

condoms on Amanda's bed and on her twitter she claimed the condoms were PS'd in even though she posted the picture herself. VERY STRANGE.

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/714544733310349313

Starting to look more and more like Amanda and Cruz GOT IT ON

Good video here as well https://twitter.com/NvrSurrender101/status/714085788158300164

MOP I disagree with many things you've posted over the years but I've never thought you were a bigot. I don't think you are. Yet you are willing to tolerate bigotry in a Presidential candidate. Please explain; Tia. 

MOP I disagree with many things you've posted over the years but I've never thought you were a bigot. I don't think you are. Yet you are willing to tolerate bigotry in a Presidential candidate. Please explain; Tia. 
Tim first you have to prove Trump is a bigot before you can ask that question. Many of us don't think Trump is a bigot.

"I never thought you were a bigot"………so sre we to infer he thinks the rest of us are? Alrighty then. 

And we're off

At this point I would advise those who are supporting Trump to concentrate on doing just that and certainly the thread is open for anyone but we are asking for an observance of the house rules as put forth by the proprietors as well as Moderators in the forum.

The purpose of this thread is not to incite violence or hate. If simply reading about Donald Trump or his support is going to anger you, we ask that you pause a minute before replying to a post.

We will try to make the FFA great again  :D
:fishing:

You can't possibly be serious starting this thread...especially after your huddle fishing trip failed. So you throw some more bait on the hook and try another fishing trip. The relevant parts of your original post above are almost identical to your huddle thread starte. ( I deleted the deflection filler part). MOP, people see right through this. What can possibly go wrong? 

By the way, I posted because garbage posts like yours above are made to incite and then once thart happens you can play the victim card. 

It didn't work last time and it won"t work this time. Everyone, mods included, see right through this. 

:fishing:

You can't possibly be serious starting this thread...especially after your huddle fishing trip failed. So you throw some more bait on the hook and try another fishing trip. The relevant parts of your original post above are almost identical to your huddle thread starte. ( I deleted the deflection filler part). MOP, people see right through this. What can possibly go wrong? 

By the way, I posted because garbage posts like yours above are made to incite and then once thart happens you can play the victim card. 

It didn't work last time and it won"t work this time. Everyone, mods included, see right through this. 
Putting you on ignore because you don't seem interested in having an honest conversation. Anyone that posts to troll will be put on ignore from now on so there won't be any problems for the mods.

Putting you on ignore because you don't seem interested in having an honest conversation. Anyone that posts to troll will be put on ignore from now on so there won't be any problems for the mods.
He's only 1 of 2 people I ever put on ignore

And I just used you as an example at our tree house...right on cue.

It's a terrible question for a man of your intelligence. I live in a World now where most folks outside of the United States and especially in the Middle East subscribe to bigotry and especially terrible towards women's rights. I don't see that kind of behavior on the Trump side, sorry amigo. 

Tim, I don't mind answering questions but let's be honest here. You are voting for Clinton, good for you. You know she has not been great for Israel and did very little to help them when she was Sec of State(one time she flew there on an emergency situation), only to be Trumped by John Kerry for incompetence. The Clintons are from Arkansas, not a huge Jewish population to govern there, what makes you such a friend of them? You don't need to really answer this. 

To answer your question, I don't believe you know the true definition of the words so it would be disingenuous to discuss it much further.  

I didn't spend a lot of time in the old threads - is the consensus that Trump getting the nomination is a done deal or do you think convention rules will be monkey business and give it to someone else?

Fai enough guys. Here are some reasons, among others, that I regard Donald Trump as a bigot: 

2. He has called for the exclusion of all Muslims from coming to the USA for the time being. He is not distinguishing between countries or radical Islamists or terrorists, he is targeting an entire religion. 

2. He refers to Mexican illegal immigrants as rapists and murderers, knowing very well that the vast majority are not. 

Please explain how you can reconcile these positions with the belief that Trump is not bigoted.

If you were convinced that Donald Trump was a bigot would you still support him? 
Now that's a good question...the problem is your definition vs other types of bigotry that many Trump supporters have endured and felt is not as easy to see by the likes of folks such as yourself. 

Maybe Trump has never eaten at a really good quality, authentic Mexican restaurant. It makes all the difference when the salsa is made fresh daily by a sweet old abuelita. Places like On the Border and Chi-Chi's are murderers and rapists of good taste.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the old threads - is the consensus that Trump getting the nomination is a done deal or do you think convention rules will be monkey business and give it to someone else?
Great question!!!

-Personally I feel if he has the most delegates y a wide margin and if the NeoCons decide to try and do what they do...the backlash in this country is going to be fierce and that's when I see the violence or the mob mentality taking over. If they don't like Trump and don't want to see future Trump like candidates, they better start dialing into real people problems on the GOP side. Both sides are terrible at understanding working joe, problem is joe isn't working as much now. 

My take on Trump - I don't think he has ever wanted to be President - he just loves the limelight.  I think he knows he would be in over his head.  If he really wanted to be President he would stop some of the crazier comments and Tweets - he has to know that is killing his chance in the GE.  And I think he does know it and that's why he continues, because he doesn't want to win.

Looking at his leads shrinking in Cali and Wisconin I'm not as confident he's going to hit that 1237. If he does not get to that I don't think he's getting the nomination. 

Fai enough guys. Here are some reasons, among others, that I regard Donald Trump as a bigot: 

2. He has called for the exclusion of all Muslims from coming to the USA for the time being. He is not distinguishing between countries or radical Islamists or terrorists, he is targeting an entire religion. 

2. He refers to Mexican illegal immigrants as rapists and murderers, knowing very well that the vast majority are not. 

Please explain how you can reconcile these positions with the belief that Trump is not bigoted.
Why do you want Americans to put themselves at risk? If we don't want to put ourselves at risk we are a bigot now? There is a tremendous problem among the Muslim community and that is a fact, and until we figure out a solution it makes sense to be VERY careful. That isn't being a bigot but wanting to protect Americans.

As for your second point, I don't know the exact amount of illegals that rape and murder because I believe a lot of that is hushed hushed, but I will say this, even just one illegal being a murderer or rapist would be too many.

I''ll stick with the First #2...I support a moratorium on any of them walking on to US soil right now. 

-They ask Muslims in the United States about Sharia Law and many feel Sharia Law trumps the Constitution...that just doesn't sit well with me but maybe it does for you?

-Europe took in millions of refugees and is paying thru the nose right now. Do we really need MIA/JFK/LAX to be bombed and kill more people on US  soil to get Americans attention?

The Second #2...I think you are reading too much Liberal spin. Trump never says they are all rapists. You hear what you want to hear and when Trump speaks you hear HATE, got it. 

Looking at his leads shrinking in Cali and Wisconin I'm not as confident he's going to hit that 1237. If he does not get to that I don't think he's getting the nomination. 
That's my sense of it - and I disagree with MOP.  I think there will be some upset folks but not nearly as many as will really matter.  

Well, one scenario would get people irate and that is if they tried to give the nomination to Bush - would never happen but in a hypothetical that would cause some severe backlash.

Way to dodge a legitimate question about bigotry, MOP. You want discussion but skip over the real questions that are the root of Trump and his supporters. The question was fair and asked in a respectful way. 

Like I said, this is a giant fishing trip. You proved it yourself dodging a legit question. 

If Trump doesn't get to 1237, I have a feeling we're going to see Kasich with the nomination. 

Way to dodge a legitimate question about bigotry, MOP. You want discussion but skip over the real questions that are the root of Trump and his supporters. The question was fair and asked in a respectful way. 

Like I said, this is a giant fishing trip. You proved it yourself dodging a legit question. 
I want to quote myself to add that I don't think all Trump supporters are bigots. But Trump's bigoted comments are the most important issue about his candidacy to date.

If you were convinced that Donald Trump was a bigot would you still support him? 
There are millions supporting him Tim, you make it sound like you can defeat him by getting people in here to somehow admit he is a bigot. What is the end game?

Be honest, you want the Trump supporters to go away and I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump grows exponentially by the day...sorry by the hour. 

Black Lives Matter is about as racist as they come and I don't see you publicly bashing them. They went after Sanders, aren't they anti-Semites Tim? Do you want to go on record and say Black Lives Matter are Anti-Semites?

If Trump doesn't get to 1237, I have a feeling we're going to see Kasich with the nomination. 
I think Kasich could beat Hillary.  If Trump supporters don't want Hillary as POTUS then they should vote for Kasich instead.  Or I think that is TimLogic ;) . Love ya Timmy!

This is million dollar question.  Nobody knows.  Personally I don't see Trump winning in a brokered convention.  Too many people have made too many definitive, declarative statements about him and have thus boxed themselves into a corner.  Once you call Trump a racist publicly there is no going back on that and supporting him later.  So in my mind there are too many people that have dug in their heels to be wooed into the Trump camp, so unless he wins on the 1st ballot I think he is toast.  At that point the party is fractured and 10-20% of Republican voters are going to sit out the election.  So the choice then is - do you go with the #2 Ted Cruz (who is the Tea Party favorite) or #3 John Kasich (who is most likely to do better in the general election than Cruz).  I think they will go with Kasich and try to keep the Cruz folks from going crazy.  Hillary will win the general in a landslide and the GOP will get shredded in the House and Senate as well.  Hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Honestly, a bunch of grown men fawning over another grown man, sporting avatars of that man, creating multiple threads about that man every day, crying when other people attack that man. 

I can't help but think, these are the very people that Trump would make fun of.

There are millions supporting him Tim, you make it sound like you can defeat him by getting people in here to somehow admit he is a bigot. What is the end game?

Be honest, you want the Trump supporters to go away and I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump grows exponentially by the day...sorry but the hour. 

Black Lives Matter is about as racist as they come and I don't see you publicly bashing them. They went after Sanders, aren't they anti-Semites Tim? Do you want to go on record and say Black Lives Matter are Anti-Semites?
Way to keep dodging his question.  :thumbup:  

All right MOP I read your responses to me and DFSguy as well, and I don't find them satisfactory. I think you guys have to really stretch to defend Trump's comments as not bigoted, and I don't believe it can be done. I'm not going to concede that this is a subjective opinion on my part because I don't believe it is. By any rational standard, anybody who reads Trump's statements on both Muslims and illegal immigrants from Mexico should regard them as bigoted. 

Hence my dilemma. We really are at an impasse here. And what makes it worse is that when you attempt to justify these comments it makes me question you're integrity. Because I don't think you are a stupid person, and only s stupid person could believe that excluding all Muslims is a reasonable response to terrorism (as one example.) 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread