What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die: Kyle Schwarber (1 Viewer)

Peyton Marino

Footballguy
ended up with him in both of my leagues so far, and don't see any reason not to grab him in my final draft as well.  full on Cubs boner imo:

.240/.350/.485 85/30/105/9

I doubt he gets enough at bats to get to those counting numbers.  He'll sit against most lefties and get pulled late for a defensive replacement.  He'll probably still end up being the second most valuable player with catcher eligibility though.

Great slash line, you're going to angry about his ABs

265/345/475 ... 21 hr, 64 runs, 65 rbi, 4 sb

Grahamburn said:
I doubt he gets enough at bats to get to those counting numbers.  He'll sit against most lefties and get pulled late for a defensive replacement.  He'll probably still end up being the second most valuable player with catcher eligibility though.

Great slash line, you're going to angry about his ABs

265/345/475 ... 21 hr, 64 runs, 65 rbi, 4 sb
:goodposting:  Still a valuable player, despite the AB's. He would be a nice 7th round pick in a 15-team league.

Supposedly going to be Jason Hammel's personal catcher.
Not to throw cold water on him, as I wished I had him in my leagues, but the second round was too rich, where he went, but I would think catching an irregular day would necessitate an offday the next day, for a big hoss like him.  So the eligibility is good news, but you'll get that 1-2 ab the day after pinch hitting.

Not to throw cold water on him, as I wished I had him in my leagues, but the second round was too rich, where he went, but I would think catching an irregular day would necessitate an offday the next day, for a big hoss like him.  So the eligibility is good news, but you'll get that 1-2 ab the day after pinch hitting.
Im a big fan, but I agree, the 2nd round is way too high for Hammel. 

I worry that the Cubs are worried about relying on him. The re-signing of Fowler, and the non-trade of Soler don't exactly show total commitment. I wouldn't be surprised if Schwarber spends some quality time in Iowa working on at-bats against LH's, and on his Dave Kingman/Greg Luzinski defense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I worry that the Cubs are worried about relying on him. The re-signing of Fowler, and the non-trade of Soler don't exactly show total commitment. I wouldn't be surprised if Schwarber spends some quality time in Iowa working on at-bats against LH's, and on his Dave Kingman/Greg Luzinski defense. 
nah

I'm not worried about his PT at all. He's gonna be Hammels catcher, he's gonna be in the lineup for every RH sp. they aren't going to sit him vs every lefty.  He's definitely the 2nd catcher off the boards. A C that can hit 30 bombs? Sign me up. He showed enough as a rookie to make me think there's no reason he can't get better. He hit 5 hr's in the playoffs. 

.260/.355

70/28/90/7

They're not even the best offense in baseball this year. That honor goes to the Baltrumbo Orioles.  

The Orioles could threaten the all-time home-run record for a team. You might even say it would be surprising if they didn’t.
shocking that you don't understand there may be a difference between hitting a lot of HRs and being the best offense in baseball.  even if you were to judge an offense solely on HRs, you may want to make some sort of adjustment for league (hint: pitchers don't bat in the AL).  

here are the cubs and orioles 2016 projections, sorted by a more reasonable all-encompassing offensive metric.  

shocking that you don't understand there may be a difference between hitting a lot of HRs and being the best offense in baseball.  even if you were to judge an offense solely on HRs, you may want to make some sort of adjustment for league (hint: pitchers don't bat in the AL).  

here are the cubs and orioles 2016 projections, sorted by a more reasonable all-encompassing offensive metric.  
your fancy stats frighten and confuse me 

Users who are viewing this thread