What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Sterling Shepard, NYG (1 Viewer)

How are people valueing him rest of season ? I've made a move for him trying to get him for Alex Collins as I'm really short for a WR in week 9 where I own both Cooks and Hogan. Think he could be pretty decent rest of season, at least there's Engram there as well to draw some attention 
Hes a lock for WR2 #s IMO

Bit of an opinion turnaround in this thread - from never agai until Eli is retired and the entire line is recycled to upside WR2.

would cost a bench spot for me as he’s on the wire and looking at potential volume (assume Engram is the only other halfway dependable option) and the emergence of Darkwa to help draw defenders to the box and liking what I see.

but the opinion of the state of the Giants’ O line, QB play, and overall offense in here is still worrisome.

Bit of an opinion turnaround in this thread - from never agai until Eli is retired and the entire line is recycled to upside WR2.

would cost a bench spot for me as he’s on the wire and looking at potential volume (assume Engram is the only other halfway dependable option) and the emergence of Darkwa to help draw defenders to the box and liking what I see.

but the opinion of the state of the Giants’ O line, QB play, and overall offense in here is still worrisome.
If Giants keep the same line that has radically improved, that improves Eli's QB play. A lot of his misfires are due to not being able to sit in a clean pocket for 2 years... he has happy feet and when then pocket is clean for 3-4 seconds his QB rating is ridiculous. The running game also is a part of that.

I think the real worry is where would Shepard play ROS. Giants may decided to kick him outside on more routes like when he was a rook (Victor Cruz was slot), that reduces his effectiveness. Engram also runs slot routes, but I think that would hurt RLJr. more. Considering Sullivan is now calling plays I think he will definitely mix it up more.

Seahawks CB Jeremy Lane (groin) is out for Week 7 against the Giants.

Seattle will be without their primary slot corner, giving Giants WR Sterling Shepard an easier matchup.
ANYONE who operates in the slot (Sheperd, Engram, RLJr.) will have an easier matchup.

walking boot? in week 7? waive his butt..get rid of the guy. it's at least 3-4 weeks to get out of the boot ( seriously when was the last time somneone was in a WB and played within a week or 2? never happens) 

he wont play till Thanksgiving-ish..way too long to wait on a marginally talented WR3. even if he plays tomorrow, he doesnt have OBJ clearing out defenders, so a double-teamed Shephard is not appealing, at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shepard shed the walking boot a week ago. He's turned in three limited practices this week. Labeled questionable to play Sunday.

They say in practice that it's hard to tell OBJ and Shepard apart. I think that Shepard has a chance to put up really big numbers down the stretch, Especially since they will move him around all over the field.

walking boot? in week 7? waive his butt..get rid of the guy. it's at least 3-4 weeks to get out of the boot ( seriously when was the last time somneone was in a WB and played within a week or 2? never happens) 

he wont play till Thanksgiving-ish..way too long to wait on a marginally talented WR3. even if he plays tomorrow, he doesnt have OBJ clearing out defenders, so a double-teamed Shephard is not appealing, at all.

Don't see this at all,.  If he's active, he's in my lineup without hesitation.

Week 10 highlights

He said he was going to work on his YAC in the offseason. Looks like it paid off. He's definitely putting forth a pretty good case for them to upgrade other positions before they spend money on a FA WR like they did this year with Marshall.

Could be seeing some ultimate in bad QB, bad team, garbage time stats for this guy.

Works for me.

Just need Eli to remain the starter.

Week 10 highlights

He said he was going to work on his YAC in the offseason. Looks like it paid off. He's definitely putting forth a pretty good case for them to upgrade other positions before they spend money on a FA WR like they did this year with Marshall.
They honestly don't need to, Giants just need Tavarres King or RJJr. to take the next step as WRs. They will get plenty or playing time to show they can stick as a 4th WR behind Marshall and Sheperd. 

Good to see Sterling showing what he can do out there.  He's a baller.  I thought the Marshall pickup was a little bit of a slap in the face for him.  Just MHO.

They honestly don't need to, Giants just need Tavarres King or RJJr. to take the next step as WRs. They will get plenty or playing time to show they can stick as a 4th WR behind Marshall and Sheperd. 
Well, I didn't think they needed to bring Marshall in this year to begin with. I thought Shepard showed enough last year to earn the WR2 role this year.

You think they bring Marshall back in 2018? Contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/brandon-marshall-3182/

Well, I didn't think they needed to bring Marshall in this year to begin with. I thought Shepard showed enough last year to earn the WR2 role this year.

You think they bring Marshall back in 2018? Contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/brandon-marshall-3182/
A lot depends on the new regime, and exactly what RLJr. and King show. Sheperd works best in the slot, so you need an outside receiver which could be Mrshall or King IMHO. RLJr. profiles as a slot guy to me but plays outside.

I think they bring Marshall back to be honest.

The Frankman said:
A lot depends on the new regime, and exactly what RLJr. and King show. Sheperd works best in the slot, so you need an outside receiver which could be Mrshall or King IMHO. RLJr. profiles as a slot guy to me but plays outside.

I think they bring Marshall back to be honest.
I know he's good in the slot, but I feel like he's versatile enough to play outside just as effectively (so far he's played 59% of his snaps in the slot this season - I'm assuming he's playing outside a lot more than Marshall and OBJ are out). Marshall's contract is highly cuttable (only $1M dead cap), so you're right that it will really depend on the new regime's evaluation of current talent and where they want to devote their financial resources.

This is kinda not good. Along with 40-50 mph wind gusts. Jeesh.

Giants added Sterling Shepard (illness) to the injury report as questionable.

Being added this late in the week is a concern, but players usually play through illnesses. The good news is the Giants kick at 1 ET, so we should know Shepard's status early. If he plays, Shepard will a must-start in a great matchup against the Chiefs.

Source: Tom Rock on Twitter

Absolute joke.

Never in my life have I seen a player go from questionable from illness go to unlikely to play so quickly.

Does he have the plague?

Migraines were an issue with Percy Harvin in the past. I don't remember if he missed games because of it but it is serious enough that he would miss practices and be questionable for games because of it.

As I recall this was an issue that was supposedly resolved by Harvin getting a special pillow and some other treatment.

Amen to that. 
The most debilitating thing there is and I don't get them near as often, or as bad, as most. 

Can't see clearly, can't focus, then there's the sensitivity to light and noise plus nausea that doesn't go away when you purge. Oh, and also, there's the knock down pain. 

I get two grades of them. One, meds work and work fast. The other, haven't been able to find anything that works except waiting it out. Sucks. 

Sheft says they're going to test him pregame so he's not out yet. In my experience, he won't feel worse so if he's cleared, he'll play. 

Now that I think about it, in regards to Percy Harvin, I think there was a game where he had to sit out for the 2nd half of the game or a good chunk of it anyways, and the way oddbodkins describes his experience with it, it makes sense why. Games are very noisy and tons of flashing lights happening in them all the time.

I feel lucky that I do not have this problem and sympathize with those who do.

:wall:  Ironically, I traded for Sterling two weeks ago and now play the team I traded with to get him. It was going to be such a sweet matchup and a wonderful exclamation point on a very lopsided trade in my favor. Now he might get the last laugh. It's funny how fantasy works.

Feel better Shep, I need you more next week anyways.

Not spotted at practice today.

This is crazy. Does he have a history of migraines? Odd for this to just pop up and be a major issue.

Traded for this guy in the hopes of cashing in on this late season schedule. Need him. Game on Thursday doesn't help.

Have to decide between Shepard, JuJu (slight hamstring pull), or Crowder @ flex..........

Probably going Crowder.

Users who are viewing this thread