What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 FBG PDSL1 Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

I've got an account but when trying to link to my franchise in the league, "fbgpdsl1" isn't working. Suggestions?

I think passwords need to be set for each team, then we link to our own team. 
I'm not sure how we do that as I doubt there is an e-mail linked to my username (which is just listed as "ninja" whereas my username on that site is actually "ffninja"), so I can't reset my password. I followed the steps but when I do this:

Step 3: Link your Franchise to your MFL User Account.  If you are logged into MFL with your new user account, you’ll see your username in the upper right corner of the league home page.  You should then see “Guest” next to your username, and links below the word Guest to “Logout” or “Link Franchise“.  Click on the “Link Franchise” option, and then you’ll see a pull down menu, very similar to the old login system.  Select your Franchise from that pull down list (or choose “Commissioner” from the list).  Now you have two ways to link your league to your MFL user account:

1. If you still know your franchise (or commissioner) password from your league on the old system, you can enter that and get linked immediately.
I end up linking myself to the commissioner and I'm hesitant to click the "become commissioner" link as I'm not sure there's a way to "unbecome" the commissioner, but I really need a way to edit my team info in order to link an e-mail account so I can reset the password, or as commissioner just set a password. It would probably be best if whoever is the commish just set a simple password for everyone and then we login under that, fix our information, and change the password to something unique.

I'm in. Selection made. Busman up.

Went in through Commissioner using "fbgpdsl1" password. Changed my franchise password through commissioner access/setup. Re-linked my account to my franchise. Got out of commissioner access,  made my pick.

I'm not sure how we do that as I doubt there is an e-mail linked to my username (which is just listed as "ninja" whereas my username on that site is actually "ffninja"), so I can't reset my password. I followed the steps but when I do this:

I end up linking myself to the commissioner and I'm hesitant to click the "become commissioner" link as I'm not sure there's a way to "unbecome" the commissioner, but I really need a way to edit my team info in order to link an e-mail account so I can reset the password, or as commissioner just set a password. It would probably be best if whoever is the commish just set a simple password for everyone and then we login under that, fix our information, and change the password to something unique.
Go ahead and become commissioner.  See RR's post below.

I'm in. Selection made. Busman up.

Went in through Commissioner using "fbgpdsl1" password. Changed my franchise password through commissioner access/setup. Re-linked my account to my franchise. Got out of commissioner access,  made my pick.
Please explain... how did you "go through commissioner"? When I log out, I don't see an option to login as commissioner. There is no drop down menu. It just asks for a username.

Nevermind. For anyone else with the problem, you go to link franchise and once you do that it seems to unlink you as commish.

Top right, it indicates you are commish and gives you option to select a franchise....click link, select your team. Now you can do your franchise setup and fix email addy and whatnot. ...

Whoops.....sorry Bus, forget to send first round PM. Had in my mind that I wouldn't need to with MFL.......

PSA

To speed up the draft, everyone please follow these steps below:

1. Hover over "For Owners"

2. Click on "Franchise Setup"

3. Click "Wireless"

4. Entire your cell number

5. Check the box that says it will send you a verification code

6. Click save

7. Receive verification code

8. Click back on "Wireless"

9. Check box for "Draft Status Update"

10. Enter verification code

11. Click save

Checking the box for "Draft status update" will send an email after every pick made. (so for me, I don't have this checked....not looking for 30 emails in my inbox prior to my next pick.) 

Checking the box for "When I'm on the clock for my draft" will send an email only when you are up.

Reminder: 4 hour clocks.

Checking the box for "Draft status update" will send an email after every pick made. (so for me, I don't have this checked....not looking for 30 emails in my inbox prior to my next pick.) 

Checking the box for "When I'm on the clock for my draft" will send an email only when you are up.

Reminder: 4 hour clocks.
Yeah, I recommend turning it off for the e-mail notifications and turning it on for the texts. FWIW, if I remember correctly, you don't get updates for predrafted selections.

how do you guys feel about having the "ADP" rankings on the "My Draft List" page......

:thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA

To speed up the draft, everyone please follow these steps below:

1. Hover over "For Owners"

2. Click on "Franchise Setup"

3. Click "Wireless"

4. Entire your cell number

5. Check the box that says it will send you a verification code

6. Click save

7. Receive verification code

8. Click back on "Wireless"

9. Check box for "Draft Status Update"

10. Enter verification code

11. Click save
or just have your email notifications on and monitor those. 

Ok...I'm f%#^@ irritated. logged out (not sure how I was "in" but couldn't draft without linking, and passowrd for league didn't work at all. Then I used "forgot password" link to get an email...which brought me to my MFL homepage with no link to this league in site.

OK....my password isn't fbgpdsl1....I searched from my MFL homepage, found the league, but CAN NOT link it (says password is wrong). Attempting to log in as commissioner yieds the same BS problems.

The actual commish that set this up needs to fix our passwords I think. I'll check back in tommorrow.

If it helps my email for the homepage is rjshampton @gmail.com and I see this error:

You are logged in as user renesauz. There are no franchises in this league associated with this user. In order to access a franchise in this league (48254) you must either enter the password for that franchise or ask to get a link to access it by entering the email address of the franchise. In the later case an email will be sent to the specified address only if it matches the email associated with the franchise.

Tried what someone talked about above...logging in as commish and changing password....about to throw this laptop through a window.

Done for tonight. Would love if someone brighter than me can figure this out and set us up correctly

Rene.....can you at least see the draft and post who you would pick and then maybe one of us that can get in can make your pick and we can move on till you get set up....I know it's a pain...I had issues too before I worked it out....but at least we can maybe make the turn while you figure it out if you let us know your pick...

Made my 2nd rd pick. I have no clue what changed overnight, but was able to log in just fine this AM.

Sending PM to ninja......

Pre-drafted my next pick and sent FUBAR a message to let him know that when Bro1ncos picks it will be straight to him.

The only negative about drafting these in mfl is there tends to be a lack of discussion.   So I'll try to do my part to keep a conversation going. 

1.07 Todd Gurley - going with a young stud rb, considered adp and Dez but wasn't a tough choice really. 

2.10 Brandon Marshall - works well as I wanted a receiver here and he's the best player available imo.  The lack of clarity at qb is a problem for now but he performed with fitz and I suspect fitz will be back.  If not, it's not like fitz is a stud.  Won't say who I considered until they're taken.  

Need to look at the Wsl but Gurley seems like a good bargain there.  Marshal always seems under appreciated.  We're in a similar position e except that I I I went freeman first 

I went WR - WR at the start again here as I did in the WSL 1 draft. It is quite a bit different though from the 12 spot as opposed to the 2. I like the Mike Evans - Demaryius Thomas duo, but their quarterback situation is not the best. Winston had a nice rookie season, completing 58.3% of his passes and Evans easily led the Bucs with 148 targets in 15 games or almost ten per game. Evans also had 16.3 ypr. The only issue with him last year was only 3 TDs.with Winston compared to 12 in his rookie season the year before. He should maintain the targets, possibly increase the receptions slightly and register a nice jump in TDs.

At this point, we don't know who Thomas will have throwing to him, but the Broncos quarterback play was not very good last season. Thomas has averaged over 11 targets per game the past two seasons and even if that number drops a little, he should catch between 90 and 105 passes and at least 1200 yards again this year. He had averaged almost 12 TDs for the past three season until dropping to only 6 last season. Expect more than 6, but probably no more than 10 this year. It will be interesting to see if expectations increase or decrease once the quarterback is known. 

Ruffrody selects Rookie Ezekiel Elliott at 3.1 as the ninth running back, quite a bit earlier than the WSLs. He is the consensus rookie draft #1 pick, but does he present value this early in re-draft?

Agree with FUBAR that one of the highlights of these early survivor drafts is the running commentary, so everybody join in and increase the fun!

Ruffrody selects Rookie Ezekiel Elliott at 3.1 as the ninth running back, quite a bit earlier than the WSLs. He is the consensus rookie draft #1 pick, but does he present value this early in re-draft?

Agree with FUBAR that one of the highlights of these early survivor drafts is the running commentary, so everybody join in and increase the fun!
I took 10 plus rookies in the Wsl expecting their value to increase going forward. Meaning as a group as I had some misses. That said they will get more and more overdrafted

Feels like swinging for the fences with my WR-WR start of Watkins and Jeffrey. Seems like really boom or bust picks.

So......Busman left without making his 3.02 pick.....? My picks were pre-drafted, he should have made his 3.02 pick right after making his 2.15 pick. 8:30ish last night. Just sayin. Folks should pay attention to the full board to see who pre-drafts.

End mini-rant.

1.01 - Antonio Brown, PIT WR1: I loathe picking from the #1 slot. That said, I think this is the safest pick with the highest floor.

2.16 - Kelvin Benjamin, CAR WR20: Really like Benjamins upside here.

3.01 - Ezekiel Elliott, ROOK RB9: Elliott will be a top 10 RB this year. No top 10 RB will be available at my next pick so I swung for the fences here. 

Loaded picks for 3.08

Sent Fu a pm letting him know he doesn't have to pm me.

Sent bro1ncos a pm letting him know that my picks are loaded and it will go straight to him.

Hope everybody has a good rest of this Sunday

:banned:

1.4 Gronk. I wanted Julio but settled for Gronk. I thought better value in 3rd for te instead but might as well experiment

2.13. Cobb. Again, I would have much rather Jordy who went a pick earlier. Cobb I like better than a guy like Cooks

3.4 Matthews. Probably too early but where I saw value other than Te or QB. I got a te and will wait on QB. I probably have been better drafting later

The only negative about drafting these in mfl is there tends to be a lack of discussion.   So I'll try to do my part to keep a conversation going. 

1.07 Todd Gurley - going with a young stud rb, considered adp and Dez but wasn't a tough choice really. 

2.10 Brandon Marshall - works well as I wanted a receiver here and he's the best player available imo.  The lack of clarity at qb is a problem for now but he performed with fitz and I suspect fitz will be back.  If not, it's not like fitz is a stud.  Won't say who I considered until they're taken.  
3.07 Aaron Rodgers.  I don't remember taking a qb this high before but figured he should improve on last year and has a very high floor.  Figured I'd go with safe picks early although a 2nd year RB might not be really safe.

IMO Ref killed it at the last turn with CJ Anderson and Baldwin.  Really with Delanie Walker had been gone at my 3.xx pick so I could have taken Baldwin.

2.02 Cam Newton QB CAR

1.15 David Johnson RB ARZ

3.15 CJ Anderson RB DEN

4.02 Doug Baldwin WR SEA

At the first turn, Johnson was a pretty easy pick, he could have a huge year.  Debated a long time with the second pick and had been drinking so just pulled the trigger on Newton before going to bed.  At the time going through the other players I seemed to come up with a reason not to draft them. Newton's rushing contributions last year made me feel okay about going that direction, as with him you are almost getting RB and a QB.  Lot more QB's made it to the 3-4 than I was as expecting so I may not have gotten much value. Somewhat surprised CJ made it back to the 3-4 turn, maybe I am really misreading the situation in DEN as I seem to be one of the only ones seeing fantasy points there.  Hoping the way Baldwin finished up will be more of a trend than a "great stretch of games".  

2.02 Cam Newton QB CAR

1.15 David Johnson RB ARZ

3.15 CJ Anderson RB DEN

4.02 Doug Baldwin WR SEA

At the first turn, Johnson was a pretty easy pick, he could have a huge year.  Debated a long time with the second pick and had been drinking so just pulled the trigger on Newton before going to bed.  At the time going through the other players I seemed to come up with a reason not to draft them. Newton's rushing contributions last year made me feel okay about going that direction, as with him you are almost getting RB and a QB.  Lot more QB's made it to the 3-4 than I was as expecting so I may not have gotten much value. Somewhat surprised CJ made it back to the 3-4 turn, maybe I am really misreading the situation in DEN as I seem to be one of the only ones seeing fantasy points there.  Hoping the way Baldwin finished up will be more of a trend than a "great stretch of games".  

Newton - 2 round reach

D Johnson - 1/2 round value

CJ Anderson - 1/4 - 1/2 round round value

Baldwin - 1+ round value

QB: Aaron Rodgers (3.07)

RB: Todd Gurley (1.07), DeMarco Murray (4.10)

WR: Brandon Marshall (2.10)

TE:

K:

DEF:

I was starting to get excited thinking Maclin would fall to 4.10.  But when Bro took him, I didn't particularly like the receivers left at the pick (some good players left sure).  So figured I'd take the chance on Murray doing better in Nashville than Philly.

QB:

RB:
4.12 - LeSean McCoy, RB BUF (RB17)

WR: 
1.05 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR HOU (WR4)
3.05 - T.Y. Hilton, WR IND (WR22)

TE: 
2.12 - Greg Olsen, TE CAR (TE2)

I don't always reach in Survivor League drafts for guys I like, but what I will always do is skip over guys I don't much like, even if they're clearly the best value on the board. Not worrying about that this time around - going purely BPA, even if it means owning shares in Shady and Hilton for what I think is the first time ever in these leagues.

Really would have liked Marshall to fall to me at 2.12, as pairing him with a guy like Kelce or Eifert would have been  :moneybag: . Sadly FUBAR sniped him two picks prior, but I think an almost-guaranteed Top-3 TE plus a proven #1 on a Luck-led offense makes for a good consolation prize.

I like Karlos Williams as much as the next guy, but 93 carries is a small sample size, and doesn't deter me from thinking Shady will have at least one more year as the primary option in the Bills' backfield. He won't be a threat for top-5 numbers, but should be a good bet to outperform his RB17 draft slot.

Users who are viewing this thread