What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Quest for 100 (1 Viewer)

Who will lose 100?

• Atlanta

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Colorado

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • San Diego

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other NL

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other AL

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • None

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Pickles

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Eephus

Footballguy
Several NL teams look poised to make a run at 100 losses this season.  It's not easy to go worse than .383; no teams have lost 100 since 2013.   The number of poor teams in one league is going to make it even harder for a team to make a run.  Because of this, I doubt there will be more than one. 

I'll go with Cincinnati to make the leap from 98 wins last year.  I don't think they've improved in any area, even though they won't have 64 straight games started by rookie pitchers.  I think Atlanta and/or Philadelphia will be sneaky decent which probably means they'll both lose 102.  The shark move might be to take the field in the AL.  You know some team is going to collapse but no teams are as obvious candidates as the six NL doormats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted Milwaukee and Atlanta.  I think Reds have enough young pitching and good bats to be better than people think, while Padres and Rockies have enough homefield advantage to probably avoid 100.  Hard to vote for any NL East team since three teams in that division should be stinky, but Atlanta's offense is so horrible I think they'll get close to 100. 

San Diego might not score 100 runs. LOL. J/K.

I agree with OP. I think there are so many bad teams in the NL they will beat up on each other. 

I think at least 5 teams win 95 games, though, maybe more. (In the NL I mean).

Damn Atlanta is really bad, this is the worst line-up I can remember.  It's like a 1916 lineup without the speed. 

Users who are viewing this thread