What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hi-Tech business for sale! (1 Viewer)

Golfjim

Footballguy
My wife and I own a business and we would like to sell it.  I've just turned 74 and my wife is a few years younger.  We place individuals with skill sets in the E-Learning and Training  environment, at companies throughout the U. S., at either permanent or contract positions.  This would include, but not be limited to, Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists, Curriculum Developers and Stand Up Trainers--just to list a few.  This is a small business and a GREAT little money maker.  Our sales have averaged, over the last 4 years, at a little under $2 million. 

Seriously interested parties should contact Jim at golfjim7677@gmail.com.

Only on my mobile right now but I will look to email you tomorrow as I might have interest.  I have 20+ years in the placement business.

The company has been in business for about 29 years--the 1st 13 we dealt in IT and belonged to an organization called the NACCP (National Association of Computer Consultant Business).  After 2000, we moved into the e-Learning/Training area.  We have kept the company small because that's the way we wanted it.  The staff consists of 1 Sales Person (with us 23 years), 1 Bookkeeper (with us 22 years) and 1 Sales/Technical person-he's an e-Learning project lead that sells, recruits and contracts out.

The SP makes 80-100k,  We make 70-80k.  There is more business out there than you can shake a stick at.  Hire 3-5 more good sales-people  and you're easily looking at 250-300k.  Honestly, the skies the limit.

The company has been in business for about 29 years--the 1st 13 we dealt in IT and belonged to an organization called the NACCP (National Association of Computer Consultant Business).  After 2000, we moved into the e-Learning/Training area.  We have kept the company small because that's the way we wanted it.  The staff consists of 1 Sales Person (with us 23 years), 1 Bookkeeper (with us 22 years) and 1 Sales/Technical person-he's an e-Learning project lead that sells, recruits and contracts out.

The SP makes 80-100k,  We make 70-80k.  There is more business out there than you can shake a stick at.  Hire 3-5 more good sales-people  and you're easily looking at 250-300k.  Honestly, the skies the limit.

Seems like your sales person should buy this business.  

I'll take it. I'll put you in contact with my cousin Nomtak from Nigeria to handle payment 

I'm out.

Should have said BOATLOADS instead of skies the limit. You would attract more interest here.

Why such a small margin in this type of business if you are averaging $2 Million in sales but making $70-80K a year?

Is the business just you/wife and your one employees relationships? What are we buying exactly? A rolodex?

I'm confused.  Are you saying "High-tech business for sale" or "Hello...tech business for sale"?

Chadstroma said:
Why such a small margin in this type of business if you are averaging $2 Million in sales but making $70-80K a year?
Our salesgal makes 80-100K and we pay our bookkeeper 40K.  Then there is the bonus, most every year, that have been as high as 20K, each (which is 5 people).  Not to mention those owner and employee expenses that often occur, if you know what I mean.

Our salesgal makes 80-100K and we pay our bookkeeper 40K.  Then there is the bonus, most every year, that have been as high as 20K, each (which is 5 people).  Not to mention those owner and employee expenses that often occur, if you know what I mean.
Hookers and blow?

Wait wait wait...Salesgal

ill pay $1 per the following bra size formula

$1 for band size with a cup size multilpier

(e.g. 32A = $32, 38D = $152)

Wait, you're netting 70-80k a year and you're giving out 100k in yearly bonuses?
YES!!  I let the income accumulate until around December and then have my CPA take a look at the books.  I then split the income 5 ways and give it out.  What, I should save it and pay corp taxes to the IRS rather than give it to the folks that worked to make it in the first place.  Don't think so.

YES!!  I let the income accumulate until around December and then have my CPA take a look at the books.  I then split the income 5 ways and give it out.  What, I should save it and pay corp taxes to the IRS rather than give it to the folks that worked to make it in the first place.  Don't think so.
Then those 'folks' have to pay income tax.

:fishing:  From the start.

Why don't you keep it all this year and give them the business in exchange.  Maybe keep 20% for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread