What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you could build your dream league, what would it include? (1 Viewer)

Marty

Footballguy
Just curious as to what everyone thinks is the parameters of their "dream" league? Would you include Taxi Squad, Devy Players, 12/14/16/+ teams?  IDP or not, 2 or 3 divisions, bonus points scoring, super flex, multiple flex positions, etc..

Maybe it's one you haven't seen yet, or is a league you are in, but you want another just like it. 

Thoughts?

Funny you should ask because I haven't been able to find exactly what I want out there & I don't want to join a league unless I'm 100% into it so I decided to put a preliminary league together yesterday and lo-and-behold, I was able to incorporate all my favourite parameters into it. I take it your talking dynasty btw?

Here's what I came up with... http://www62.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=61655&O=26 

Now all I need is to find a commissioner :)

I'm just one man but important parameters in my humble opinion are: paid league, ppr, superflex, VPs, non-IDP, no K, bbid, auction startup, no doubleheaders (use all-play instead), cumulative scoring playoff format, basically anything that helps reduce chance. 

I am talking about dynasty leagues mainly.  Thanks for responding.  You mentioned a few items I hadn't even thought of, particularly all-play and cumulative playoff scoring format.  I will have to look into those more.  You got a good framework of league settings set up.  I'd think that if you finish it out with some facets of other leagues' additional bylaws that you like (waivers, trades, dues/payouts, etc...), you just might find an experienced contract league commissioner to help you out. 

I decided in 2011 to build my dream league...it's been a blast!  Most of the owners have dramatically decreased the number of leagues they participate in to focus on it.  I am a big proponent of people devoting more effort into one or two leagues vs playing in a ton of plain-jane leagues that mean very little to them. 

Good luck to you making your dream league.

http://rosterwars.com/

Roster Wars Dynasty League and Roster Wars Training Camp (redraft) are always looking for folks interested in joining what we are doing here.  More than just a league!

Users who are viewing this thread