What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread : Pens raise the cup for 4th time in franchise history*** (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Starts next Wednesday April 13th!

Eastern Conference:

Caps v Flyers

Panthers v Islanders

Bolts v Red Wings

Pen v Rangers

Western Conference:

Stars vs Wild

Ducks v Predators 

Blues vs Blackhawks

Kings vs Sharks

I'll fill these in once things are locked up.  :banned: :towelwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a former hot blooded uber fan turned tepid watcher from a distance fan but I still get geeked for the NHL first round more thna any other playoff setup.  And the handshake is still the best traditioon going in team sports.  Better than jersey tradin, imo.

Rumor has it the Pens are teaming with Taco Bell on a Chalupa gun to deliver high calorie food to their fat fans. 

I don't think the Rangers have much of a shot either way but that WC1 spot sure looks a hell of a lot juicier than MET3 these days. 

Added benefit of the Pens looking great...at least there's a good chance we'll see Sheriff posting here after R1. 

I'm a Bruins fan, so I will be posting only if they get in and it will grow with frequency the deeper they go.

Wings extend their playoff streak to 25 consecutive seasons!  :banned:

Dallas and Blues try to avoid the Blackhawks in round 1, Isles decide if they want to play the Pens or Panthers, and we still don't have division winners out west.  Gonna be a great playoff IMO. 

Is anything better than overtime in the Stanley Cup playoffs? Every time the opposing team has the puck, I am a nervous wreck and on the edge of my seat. And that is just when they get the puck. It's more nervewracking when they shoot or pass the puck anywhere near the net. And that is just a single possession. Just

Multiply by 1000 for double overtime or more. 

Multiply by an infinite number if it's game 7. 

They don't have enough xanax on the planet to help me.  :lol:  

Glad to see the wings get in.  The playoffs would just be weird without them.

its all weird enough with them over in the eastern conference now.

Is anything better than overtime in the Stanley Cup playoffs? Every time the opposing team has the puck, I am a nervous wreck and on the edge of my seat. And that is just when they get the puck. It's more nervewracking when they shoot or pass the puck anywhere near the net. And that is just a single possession. Just

Multiply by 1000 for double overtime or more. 

Multiply by an infinite number if it's game 7. 

They don't have enough xanax on the planet to help me.  :lol:  
Yup so much this.  Fantastic playoff games that nobody talks about, at least in America.  The NBA is a snoozefest compared to the Stanley Cup.

Meanwhile Islanders tanking it vs. Buffalo tonight to make sure they stay on the Atlantic side of the bracket 

Rangers looked so solid for the first 2.5 months of the season... That's really all the positive I can say about them. Fairly confident they'll be bounced in the 1st round.

NHL playoff format sucks for the Metro teams 

Yeah, I hate to be that child who wanders into a movie and wants to know ... But I've been so out of touch with the nhl for the past few years, and though I know about the realignment, it will always be Patrick/Adams/Norris/smythe to me.

Why is the playoff seeding so complicated?  Or am I just being obtuse?  I understand it now, but it seems so bizarre.

Yeah, I hate to be that child who wanders into a movie and wants to know ... But I've been so out of touch with the nhl for the past few years, and though I know about the realignment, it will always be Patrick/Adams/Norris/smythe to me.

Why is the playoff seeding so complicated?  Or am I just being obtuse?  I understand it now, but it seems so bizarre.
This was a compromise in the recent realigment back to four divisions -- when the Wings and Blue Jackets moved back East (and the Jets to the West after they moved from Atlanta).

I see Butthurt Bats is going to be the center of the Philadelphia Phan universe, glad he's decided to bring along his Shark Pool puppy with him.  :thumbup:

I'll put up a poll tomorrow so everyone can pick their champ.

As usual I'm looking forward to these WC match-ups, all four out there should be extremely entertaining.  I'll be in Vegas for part of the first round, so expect some late updates. 

What exactly is the Kings playoff scenarios?  I cant find it anywhere.  If they win in regulation they are division champs.  If they win in OT are they still division champs? If they lose and are tied 101 points each who is the division champs?

What exactly is the Kings playoff scenarios?  I cant find it anywhere.  If they win in regulation they are division champs.  If they win in OT are they still division champs? If they lose and are tied 101 points each who is the division champs?
If they win, period, they win the division.  If they tie the Ducks, they win the division. 

wow.  Kings blow a 3-0 lead and lose in SO.

Ducks win and they win the pacific.

wow.  Kinds blow a 3-0 lead and lose in SO.

Ducks win and they win the pacific.
That's a tough final game of the season having to finish with an east coast game.  Caps probably already thinking about the Flyers, Ducks got a good shot tomorrow. 

I would rather they don't win the Pacific so I can root for them against the Sharks.  Otherwise, not happening.  :bye:  

That's a tough final game of the season having to finish with an east coast game.  Caps probably already thinking about the Flyers, Ducks got a good shot tomorrow. 

I would rather they don't win the Pacific so I can root for them against the Sharks.  Otherwise, not happening.  :bye:  
I was hoping the Kings would win.  With travel to Denver, then to Washington, then back to Anaheim, that's a lot of miles in a short time. I'd rather see them play SJ and then maybe LA and stay in CA and not have so much travel.  Getzlaf ownsThornton and the Ducks have played well vs the Sharks. Ducks have never played well in Nashville.

ETA:  Saw probably the two best ECHL teams play tonight.  Missouri vs Idaho.  Best ECHL game I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread