What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (1 Viewer)

Exactly... even if they defeated all of the at ats with their x wings their base was found and they could have been bombarded into oblivion unless they escaped. The snowspeeders were meant to delay to get everyone out not win.
I wish Vader would have choke-killed Han and Leia right then and there. Then all this talk of "delay by sending ####ty equipment" would be even more foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps a future movie will explain that Imperial wepons engineers were infiltrated by a rebel designer who sacrificed his life to secretly bake susceptibility to logs, rocks and tow cables into the AT design.
And they can digitally add Wicket and The Ewoks to it and a bunch of us can say how perfect and great it is....while another group of us will ##### about how fake it looks. 

Okay, let's talk Vader scene. He has a rebel pinned to the ceiling with one fist clinched. He slashes said rebel, looks at another and opens his hand - then, BAM - a laser flies out and kills the dude. What did I just see?  Did he "catch" a laser bolt and throw it back?  I was all "WTH just happened?"

It was was pretty awesome though. 

Okay, let's talk Vader scene. He has a rebel pinned to the ceiling with one fist clinched. He slashes said rebel, looks at another and opens his hand - then, BAM - a laser flies out and kills the dude. What did I just see?  Did he "catch" a laser bolt and throw it back?  I was all "WTH just happened?"

It was was pretty awesome though. 
No, he was deflecting blaster bolts a la ESB and they hit the rebels.

Anakin: Don't be afraid.
Padme: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.
Anakin: What are you talking about?
Padme: I love you.
Anakin: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.
Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.
Brings a tear to my eye just reading that. I've got to watch episode 2 before bed now. Best acted scene from any Star Wars movie. 

The battler of Endor showed that most Imperial technology was garbage. I mean why wear those armor suits if teddy bears with slingshots can bring you down?
Yeah thankfully TFA really fixed all that with the stormtrooper gas masks that don't actually filter out gas.  Or Kylo Ren's giant helmet that....slightly changes his voice?

Thought it was a very good film.

I think the thing that bothered me most was how Saw Guerera was this militant holy warrior who suddenly said

"Okay, I'm done.  Time to die."

That just seems odd for someone who was apparently so dedicated to his cause.

And while I really enjoyed Cherrit and Baze initially they felt really shoe-horned into the story.

Otherwise, awesome film.

Ip Man 4 >>> Ip Man 1 >>>> Ip Man 2 >>>>>>>> Ip Man 3

IMO

pats3in4 said:
I loved it.  I think it edges out A New Hope in 2nd place after Empire.  It feels like it was made for me: A movie made for the now-adults who were (and remain) huge fans upon seeing the original theatrical releases 34-40 years ago.  If this is how these stand-alone Star Wars stories are going to go, I hope they get churned out routinely and are more adult, more dark with their focus market being the old fans like me.

One of the reasons I rate this movie so high because its rewatchability is excellent.  I loved The Force Awakens the first time I saw it, but it hasn't held up well upon additional viewings.  I suspect that's because Episodes 8 and 9 need to tie up many loose ends so I'm withholding final judgment, but right now it's a flaw that Rogue One doesn't suffer.  Rogue One is actually better the 2nd time watching it as the first two acts don't drag as long as they did upon the first viewing, knowing where the plot is going.  And the third act is arguably the best in the 8 movies, up there with the Endor/Space/Emperor's Chamber battle in Jedi.
Very  :goodposting:

100% agreed!!! I have seen it three times on the big screen and it got better and better.

An iconic Star Wars movie indeed and a huge nod to us, the Gen X original triliogy fans. 

The plot does not require chemistry between Jyn and Cassian.

Besides, Cassian thinks Jyn is the daughter of an enemy.
Chemistry doesn't always have to be the good lovey-dovey kind.  It's like they tried to make sure they phoned in the most mediocre performances they could. Note. I LIKE the movie, but there's still flaws, and alot of them are glaring.  

Just saw it a second time. I thought it was very interesting that, on second viewing, I was actually more forgiving of the Tarkin shots than on the first viewing when I felt they stood out more to me. I was expecting the opposite reaction. This happen to anyone else?

the second viewing was really enjoyable overall. Holds up extremely well. 

Lucas pissed on his legacy adding all that nonsense to the original trilogy.

Just pissed all over it and threw a match on the original cuts. Pure nonsense what he did to those classics.
The original cuts still exist and can be easily accessed. They don't exist in super-HD, but that's not quite the same as throwing a match on them.

The original cuts still exist and can be easily accessed. They don't exist in super-HD, but that's not quite the same as throwing a match on them.
I have them in the THX Mastered Letterboxed VHS version in mint condition. I have the set in that sweet Darth Vader Box Set which was the final release of them (other than the crappy DVD versions in 4:3) 

But they should re-release then on Blue Ray for the long time fans. It's ####### ridiculous.

Hopefully now that Disney has them they will. 

I have them in the THX Mastered Letterboxed VHS version in mint condition. I have the set in that sweet Darth Vader Box Set which was the final release of them (other than the crappy DVD versions in 4:3) 

But they should re-release then on Blue Ray for the long time fans. It's ####### ridiculous.

You better buy up a couple VCRs, they have stopped making the movie all together now. I also own that set.

Lucas pissed on his legacy adding all that nonsense to the original trilogy.

Just pissed all over it and threw a match on the original cuts. Pure nonsense what he did to those classics.
Agree Agree Agree...I can't stand watching them now with extra crap that was a prelude to the crap in the next 3 films.

Remeber though when they released all 3 in a span of about 6 weeks in '97? I saw all of them and was not happy with the changes but I wanted to see them with my then g/f and future Mrs MOP...she never saw them in theaters

Agree Agree Agree...I can't stand watching them now with extra crap that was a prelude to the crap in the next 3 films.

Remeber though when they released all 3 in a span of about 6 weeks in '97? I saw all of them and was not happy with the changes but I wanted to see them with my then g/f and future Mrs MOP...she never saw them in theaters
Being as I was never able to see the originals in the theater, seeing all 3 in 97 was awesome. But he's even tinkered with those versions a dozen times since then.

I loved watching them in 97 on the big screen.  If they kept them running all year round in theatres they would make money
The originals with no improvements or alterations and I agree. Every Sat some theater could run Star Wars and Empire B2B like they do Rocky Horror and people would show up. You have a killer sound system and decent size screen and it would be fun. Even once a month and rotate some other films with awesome efx from that era some of the other weekends. It's a no brainer.

The originals with no improvements or alterations and I agree. Every Sat some theater could run Star Wars and Empire B2B like they do Rocky Horror and people would show up. You have a killer sound system and decent size screen and it would be fun. Even once a month and rotate some other films with awesome efx from that era some of the other weekends. It's a no brainer.
And serve beer.  I think I'm gonna start a business

Possibly 440-450MM by the close on Monday...that is incredible in less than 3 weeks. It isn't gonn come clos to Force Awakens but it also doesn't have Harrison Ford anchoring the film.

They will but you'll have to wait.  Disney has done really well selectively releasing their Animated Masterpieces, I imagine they'll treat Star Wars the same way.

i saw this over the weekend. it was better than i expected actually. it's not exactly a Star Wars film but there are enough tie-ins to make it feel connected. i sort fo wish they did more or something different with the characters of Baze and Chirrut. they were interesting enough but were mostly squandered.

i saw this over the weekend. it was better than i expected actually. it's not exactly a Star Wars film but there are enough tie-ins to make it feel connected. i sort fo wish they did more or something different with the characters of Baze and Chirrut. they were interesting enough but were mostly squandered.
Congrats. You just came up with an idea for a new Star Wars Story...

Star Wars: I Am The Force and the The Force Is With Me: The Odd Couple in the Force. 

Maybe the title could be a little longer ;)

But, honestly, a thought as simple as that is how John Knoll came up with the idea for Rogue One. "Hey, the beginning crawl from new hope is a good idea for a movie" and went from there. Go for it! 

I saw RO when it came out a few weeks ago. I thought it was entertaining but mostly unnecessary and a bit of a money grab. I don't think it really moved the story along very much, and it didn't really offer us anything new. How many movies can they make about a Death Star?

If I had to put the movies into tiers . . .

Great: 5, 4
Above average to good: 7, RO
OK: 3, 6
Not so good: 2, 1

I liked it better than TFA but it still had it's problems. It was confusing in the beginning, the end battle was just too long and I thought for sure that Gov. tarkin and Princess Leia were CGI's of the original.

Loved K2S0. Alan Tudyk stole the movie. And loved Felicia Jones.

And both me, my daughter and her BF were relieved that they all died. Sounds a bit morbid, but if they had lived it would have really cheapened the whole movie. 

Users who are viewing this thread