What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tulo Just Got Another Hit, Posty Keeps Swinging And Missing (1 Viewer)

Limp Ditka

Footballguy
Currently sitting at a robust .100. When does he break the Mendoza Line?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Buck and Pat he is gonna break out any day now and we'll be in for a real treat. :)

He seems to swing and miss at hittable pitches way more than anybody should. Maybe he needs contacts :thumbup:

Early in his career he was a notoriously slow starter. It wasn't as pronounced his last several seasons with the Rockies but in his first three full seasons he put up March/April averages of .244, .152, and .200 respectively. He's also hit a lot of dry streaks in-season that are harder to pick up.

I think his bat will come around and we'll see some tears where hits HRs in bunches. The question with him is always will he get hurt right about the time that's happening.

It's amazing how many strikes in the dead centre of the zone he's taken so far this season.
I've seen more than one for strike 3 and he's complained to the ump.  They are pretty much right down the middle.

That being said, maybe the Smaok walk-off, followed by the EE walk-off has helped them get some mojo back. Doesn't hurt that their starters are pitching ridiculously well.

It's amazing how many strikes in the dead centre of the zone he's taken so far this season.
3 straight down the gut to strike out looking with the bases loaded. It's going to come out in a month that he needs contacts or something, it's unreal watching him watch these pitches.

It's so bad that he just struck out on three pitches......... Against Jake Peavy

So, Smoak and Saunders have both gone in the 5-hole ahead of him now (when Pillar is leading off), does he drop all the way to 7th behind both after interleague?  Probably should.

Tulo made 0 errors in his first 59 games as a Blue Jay. He has 4 in the 11 games since.

He was hitting .200 on April 5, so technically he already broke the Mendoza line.

Now keeping it above it, not so good.

The "Mendoza Line" was created as a clubhouse joke among baseball players in 1979, when from early May onwards, Mendoza's average was always within a few points of .200 either way, finishing out the season at .198 for the year (and .201 for his career to that point). "My teammates Tom Paciorek and Bruce Bochte used it to make fun of me," Mendoza said in 2010. "Then they were giving George Brett a hard time because he had a slow start that year, so they told him, 'Hey, man, you're going to sink down below the Mendoza Line if you're not careful.'

On April 6th, 1979 Mendoza was hitting .333 and he maintained a BA over .200 until May 16th of that year. Since he was over .200, through mid May, why are these fools even coming up with such an idea? To add, multiple times after May 16th, he inched over this fabled 'Mendoza' line, only to fall under it for good on Sept 17th with a failed pinch hit attempt. Somehow, someway, considering we're still using the term today, I'm going to guess that Wimpy and Bruce weren't too worried about what had happened throughout the year, only where his BA was when it was brought up in conversation. Kind of like what most of us are doing here

So using your idiotic posty logic, (shocker, I know) technically, no one should have even called it the Mendoza Line in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread