What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Credit Cards (1 Viewer)

21 months for balance transfers, and since there is a 5% balance transfer fee that is a hell no.

It's 12 months zero interest for purchases.
Haha, I did my first few flips (2006-2007) with 0% credit cards.  Even put the proceeds in some online savings account that got up to 7-8% interest until the card had to be paid off.  Those were good days.

Haha, I did my first few flips (2006-2007) with 0% credit cards.  Even put the proceeds in some online savings account that got up to 7-8% interest until the card had to be paid off.  Those were good days.
I was actually going to try and churn a few for the zero interest to pay off my house faster.  Technically velocity banking I suppose.

The plan is to just use that card for everything, get the signup bonus stuff, then start paying it off a few months before the interest would start.   All the while putting as much as I can on my house.

Then get another one.  After that I should have the house paid off.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much do you have to travel to make one of these 500 black/preferred cards worth it?

I travel a lot but half of it is for work which uses a work credit card. 

Amex black sent me an application. 
That's just a flavor of a platinum (I think).  

I mean without knowing exactly what the offer is generically you need to look at high fee cards like this:

• Stuff you get for free

These tend to be status matches at hotels at the lowest or next to lowest level.  If this has value to you for work stays then it might be worth it.
  • Airport lounges, depending on how much you fly and where this can pay for your fees alone just in meals and drinks

[*]Stuff you get credits for you probably would spend anyways

• This might include uber credits or grubhub maybe.  
  • Some have flexible nearly anything goes travel credits that.

[*]Stuff you get that you might not have used or your company would have paid for

• This might be things like airline fee credits to pay for bag fees, seat upgrades, etc

So it's simply a matter of

Stuff you get for free (Value) +stuff you'd buy anyways - Annual Fee

If the card is +EV keep it for next year, otherwise pocket the sign up bonus, and cancel it in 12-13 months.

That's just a flavor of a platinum (I think).  

I mean without knowing exactly what the offer is generically you need to look at high fee cards like this:

• Stuff you get for free

These tend to be status matches at hotels at the lowest or next to lowest level.  If this has value to you for work stays then it might be worth it.
  • Airport lounges, depending on how much you fly and where this can pay for your fees alone just in meals and drinks

[*]Stuff you get credits for you probably would spend anyways

• This might include uber credits or grubhub maybe.  
  • Some have flexible nearly anything goes travel credits that.

[*]Stuff you get that you might not have used or your company would have paid for

• This might be things like airline fee credits to pay for bag fees, seat upgrades, etc

So it's simply a matter of

Stuff you get for free (Value) +stuff you'd buy anyways - Annual Fee

If the card is +EV keep it for next year, otherwise pocket the sign up bonus, and cancel it in 12-13 months.
Good stuff. Thanks. 

Good stuff. Thanks. 
If you need help there's a credit card points thread that has more activity about perks and bonus stuff than this one.

Amex is sending out a lot of NLL offers right now, you can most likely sell your offer for $50 to $75 on the open market depending on what yours is.

Just got an email from Venmo inviting me to apply for their Visa. 3% on a category you pick, 2% on another, 1% on everything else. No annual or foreign transaction fee. What got my attention after looking into this is “grocery” includes Costco. $10K spending cap per year, but that’s $300 I’ll get pretty easily, even while using 5% grocery rotating cards like Chase Freedom Flex and Discover It throughout the year at regular grocery stores.

Just an FYI. Haven’t applied yet.

ETA: Couldn’t find the separate rewards thread on my phone after really no effort

Users who are viewing this thread