What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenyan Drake, LV (2 Viewers)

I'm not invested, but this isn't Gase.  It's either Tanny (season wise) or his injury maybe w the changes.   Brock looked ok, but this could have been much worse.

that 20pt performance was with a lets say average backup qb - on the road.   impressive. 
Giving him 6-8 touches a couple weeks in a row while feeding gore is gase’s fault. I understand drake isn’t perfect and that gore is doing a solid job but gore can’t do what drake can and that’s evident now that Gase is actually using Drake. Like his 54 yard TD last week and both TDs this week. I only sold him because I figured Gase would never get smart and use Drake more. Right now that was wrong and drake has had 3 solid to great weeks in a row and is trending upward.

Giving him 6-8 touches a couple weeks in a row while feeding gore is gase’s fault. I understand drake isn’t perfect and that gore is doing a solid job but gore can’t do what drake can and that’s evident now that Gase is actually using Drake. Like his 54 yard TD last week and both TDs this week. I only sold him because I figured Gase would never get smart and use Drake more. Right now that was wrong and drake has had 3 solid to great weeks in a row and is trending upward.
I bought him (& Foreman) for Allen Robinson & Marvin Jones two weeks ago. I knew I was taking a chance based on Gase's non-use of him. So far it's paid off as I was able to use him for bye weeks.

Agreed that it's Gase's fault for not giving him touches but I do also find it interesting it's looking like he's also better with Brock in there @ QB.

He went off on my bench again.  Switched him out last second after pulling off a big trade. Every time I start him he does nothing.  Am I the only one who felt like he was on the field less than ever before?  When he got his second td i felt like it was about his 7th touch and it was third quarter.  Seems like he’s a gadget guy for them.  Percy Harvin or tavon type. Sort of?

SCT said:
He went off on my bench again.  Switched him out last second after pulling off a big trade. Every time I start him he does nothing.  Am I the only one who felt like he was on the field less than ever before?  When he got his second td i felt like it was about his 7th touch and it was third quarter.  Seems like he’s a gadget guy for them.  Percy Harvin or tavon type. Sort of?
Tend to agree.  He has a decent ceiling, but I believe his floor remains in the 4-5 point range.  Pretty bad.

I had to start him in one league due to bye weeks, so pleasantly surprised.  Sat him in two other leagues and don't regret the decision.  I'll start if I have to, or if he starts getting more normal usage.

I totally underestimated how much Gore would still be utilized.

Tend to agree.  He has a decent ceiling, but I believe his floor remains in the 4-5 point range.  Pretty bad.

I had to start him in one league due to bye weeks, so pleasantly surprised.  Sat him in two other leagues and don't regret the decision.  I'll start if I have to, or if he starts getting more normal usage.

I totally underestimated how much Gore would still be utilized.
Well anyone who listened to Gase in preseason would do so.  "Three down back" he said, "25 touches a game" he said.  Remember this article?  http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/27531/kenyan-drake-is-ready-to-fill-the-dolphins-star-void

It'd be one thing if they ever tried to do that with him even one game this year and discovered he couldn't hack it.  Never came remotely close to featuring him.  Next article in the fall was "Gore is a co-starter".

Last edited by a moderator:
Well anyone who listened to Gase in preseason would do so.  "Three down back" he said, "25 touches a game" he said.  Remember this article?  http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/27531/kenyan-drake-is-ready-to-fill-the-dolphins-star-void

It'd be one thing if they ever tried to do that with him even one game this year and discovered he couldn't hack it.  Never came remotely close to featuring him.  Next article in the fall was "Gore is a co-starter".
I do remember this.  Hence why I drafted him.  So frustrating.

I didn't draft him at 5.01 as my RB2 hoping for 12 touches/game. 

Thank goodness he's being amazingly efficient with those 12 touches.

I didn't draft him at 5.01 as my RB2 hoping for 12 touches/game. 

Thank goodness he's being amazingly efficient with those 12 touches.
Right there with ya (4th round here though) Only problem with me is I keep missing his good games and starting him on the trash ones. 

Right there with ya (4th round here though) Only problem with me is I keep missing his good games and starting him on the trash ones. 
He's really only had two true duds. A mind boggling 7 touches for 10 yards vs Oakland and 4 touches for 16 yards at New England.

His other two bad games vs Tenn & vs Chi he had 17 touches each. You can't blame yourself for starting a guy who gets that many touches.

The funny thing is those two games represent his high water mark for touches on the season. He had 15, 13, 10 & 14 touches in his four good games.

In the league that I have Drake i also have James Conner, Phillip Lindsay,  Lamar Miller,  Melvin Gordon,  and Tevin Coleman.  I went with Conner, Lindsay and Miller this week and left Drake on the bench. I messed up but things are looking bright. Miller is coming around. Bell still hasn't signed with the Steelers. Lindsay looks good. Coleman seems to be lead back for the Falcons.  I still have hope that I can win with this group of misfits.  

I mean Tannehill isn’t awful. Not good, but not awful. I think he would be just fine now if given the opportunity. 
I’ve gone back and forth on Tannehill’s viability. 

In that brief window before the knee injury last year in training camp, he looked like he was really gonna take the next step -  The game seemed to have slowed down for him, he was making good reads, he was mobile, his passes showed touch and the deep ball looked good. 

Watching him this year he seems to have regressed. The 8:5 TD:INT isn’t terrible for the number of times he’s thrown the ball, but the 4 fumbles seems excessive.

Miami still needs to improve the OL, and of course get better on defense (or at least utilize the talent they have, though they’ve had a ton of injuries) for Drake to move into legit RB1 territory next year. 

Even with a little more out of Tannehill that’s probably possible, but yeah...

Anyone start him today? This is getting tiresome. I feel like in PPR I'm going to have to stick with someone like Jalen Richard who has a lower ceiling but at least can be counted on to be utilized. 

I don't know anyone is surprised by Gase's usage of Gore.

This is the same guy that thought that bringing back retired Jay Cutler was the answer to their QB problem last year.  He just seems to see these old guys as what they once were rather than what they are now   It's like the exact opposite of what you want in good team management.  You want GMs and coaches that can find the next great player, not ones who throw money and playing time at guys because of the name recognition gained from their prior accomplishments. 

I don't know anyone is surprised by Gase's usage of Gore.

This is the same guy that thought that bringing back retired Jay Cutler was the answer to their QB problem last year.  He just seems to see these old guys as what they once were rather than what they are now   It's like the exact opposite of what you want in good team management.  You want GMs and coaches that can find the next great player, not ones who throw money and playing time at guys because of the name recognition gained from their prior accomplishments. 
Excellent analysis of how Gase thinks  :goodposting:

How long is Tannehill supposed to be out? 
I am doubting he plays again this season. They are not being transparent at all about the severity of his shoulder injury.

As far as Drake....what a huge disappointment in his usage by Adam Gase. I don't think Drake is like the second coming of Todd Gurley or anything....but he is a talented back who can be quite productive when given the work as proven last season after the Ajayi trade. 

This is just really tough to watch as a lifelong Fins fan. Gross mismanagement at every level of this team from the top to the bottom. It's just bad. The lack of Drakes involvement in the offense is a microcosm of every thing wrong with this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just going off of boxscore and Roto updates, etc, but didn't he hurt/reinjure his shoulder and yet he was the back in there at the very end when the game was over/out of reach?

They don't use him when they should but use him when they shouldn't it seems..

Hes been very playable for 4 weeks in a row.....not sure what you are missing....
Where are we at a month later? Honestly asking, I have Gus Edwards in as of now but I don’t like it.  But it feels like drake should have a good shot of putting up numbers the next couple weeks? 

Once they are officially eliminated from playoff contention I can see them giving him more PT. I think he could have a few nice games down the stretch, but what’s the deal with his shoulder? 

I don't think you can play him with Gase there. He clearly looks better than Gore to me but Gase is an idiot. Almost like he has something personal on him. I own both and don't play either anymore. Drake is definitely a hold though.

I don't think you can play him with Gase there. He clearly looks better than Gore to me but Gase is an idiot. Almost like he has something personal on him. I own both and don't play either anymore. Drake is definitely a hold though.
Thing is, Drake doesn't look that much better than Gore.

Gore is having a very good year.

Thing is, Drake doesn't look that much better than Gore.

Gore is having a very good year.
he is and yet most folks are surprised. i don't think anything changes once the Dolphins are out of playoff contention. Gore seems to fit what they want to do and is playing well enough. Drake doesn't seem to have a future there with Gase.

Kenyan Drake caught 5-of-6 targets for 64 yards and a touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 12 loss to the Colts, adding eight carries for 32 yards and an additional score.

Drake's 33-yard receiving score on a free play first quarter screen was the Dolphins' first offensive touchdown in 27 possessions. He was barely touched on his 14-yard ground score in the fourth quarter. It was the fourth where Drake went down in a heap of pain at the end of a negative run. It appeared he had maybe broken his arm. He was announced with a shoulder injury before returning for the Dolphins' final series. Although Drake returned in Indy, his practice status will be worth monitoring ahead of next Sunday's game against the Bills.

Nov 25 - 7:36 PM

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said Kenyan Drake (shoulder) will be no-contact in practice this week.

Drake missed time late against the Colts after aggravating the shoulder injury he has struggled with for a couple weeks. Drake was also no-contact in practice last week before ultimately playing, so it is likely he follows the same blueprint this week. Drake will continue to be a boom-or-bust RB3 as the 1B to Frank Gore.

Users who are viewing this thread