What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenyan Drake, LV (1 Viewer)

I bid $18 on him then meant to cancel the bid when they said DJ was questionable. I forgot to cancel it and was pissed when I saw I got him. Debated starting him but chickened out. Gonna be hard to stare at that 30 points on my bench all weekend. And who knows what happens next week. 

I bid $18 on him then meant to cancel the bid when they said DJ was questionable. I forgot to cancel it and was pissed when I saw I got him. Debated starting him but chickened out. Gonna be hard to stare at that 30 points on my bench all weekend. And who knows what happens next week. 
You or anybody would have had to be desperate to start Drake.

On the team for 3 days, supposedly part of a 3 man RBBC and going against a great defense with a likely terrible game script.

C’mon man. lol. Hard to blame yourself for keeping him on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
would like to send a FU to kliff.... wednesday's "manageable workload" quote scared me when combined with the expected bad game script and going up against the elite defense..... dealt him to DJ owner for AP (i have to win this week and both my main RBs on bye)..... 

I was desperate.  Lost Kerryon and missed on TY (Blessing), started Murray last week and he had a bye this week.  It was either Drake or Singletary.  Got lucky.

That was why I thought he'd cost more Tuesday. This is may be his peak value though. So if you don't need him I'd shop him.

would like to send a FU to kliff.... wednesday's "manageable workload" quote scared me when combined with the expected bad game script and going up against the elite defense..... dealt him to DJ owner for AP (i have to win this week and both my main RBs on bye)..... 
Between this and David Johnson two weeks ago I think we all should now know not to listen to a thing Kingsbury says.

That was why I thought he'd cost more Tuesday. This is may be his peak value though. So if you don't need him I'd shop him.
Agree on peak value. Was lucky enough to grab him before he was traded, didn't start him, now looking to flip him.

Eyeing the J. Mixon owner. Mixon is on a bye and Mixon's value is as low as it can go. Cinci schedule looks sweet.

On the team for 3 days, supposedly part of a 3 man RBBC and going against a great defense with a likely terrible game script.

I was desperate and I debated it

Was set to start him but then Breida ended up playing so I plugged him in instead last minute. Also benched Murray. Was not expecting much out of either obviously. Oh well!

Least I started Drake out of desperation in my 14 team league. That helps mitigate the pain lol.

Between this and David Johnson two weeks ago I think we all should now know not to listen to a thing Kingsbury says.
But guys, Darren Rovell tweeted about an hour before kickoff that Drake was going to get “major run” and 4for4’s Paulsen retweeted it.   I had him on the bench for Curtis Samuel and/or Watkins until I read that and decided to go for it at the last minute.   Glad I did.  Just sayin there was information out there predicting a feature role.  Obviously nobody thought he’d produce like he did.  

He's an UFA at the end of the year and said he wasn't re-signing in Miami.  Given their situation this year (0-7, not exactly trying to win) it could have been Walter Payton they were moving and it wouldn't be that bad to just get something out of him.
They'd get a comp pick.  A nice one, had they used him properly and gotten this kind of production out of him. 

I'm debating whether or not this performance was indicative to his talent level or if the 49ers were just taking it half-speed on a Thursday night against an easy performance. I know playing on a team that is actually trying to win games can have a big impact.

Cautiously optimistic. Seems like a very crowded backfield when Edmunds and Johnson come back. Zona should seriously consider flipping DJ for some later round picks (4th+). When you consider he was drafted in 2015 with a 3rd Rounder, anything you get back for him at this point is value. But he's expendable at this point, especially in an offense like this.
I think it's neither.  Jonas Grey once had a bajillion TD's in one game.  What happened here is that this is the NFL, and everyone in the NFL is a crazy good football player.  Some are more betterer crazy good that others, but they are all NFL level talent.  Drake showed his elite level of play and a few of the ARI OL did too.  Kwon Alexander disappeared and they didn't even have to block him, so 11 on 10 usually ends up with pretty good results for the 11.

They'd get a comp pick.  A nice one, had they used him properly and gotten this kind of production out of him. 
Last year, Gore did a great job between the tackles,  and they tried to see if Ballage was any good. He's not, he's a one trick big speed back who got one long TD run. It's a mystery why Drake was not utilized more even in the new regime, and why it took a few games for them to find out that Ballage is not the future. 2 coaches gave up on him, but Flores has the excuse of tanking.

I believe I have just heard the dumbest take I have ever heard by a fantasy analyst on the Dynasty Command Center podcast.  Patrick and May think that Drake should cost you a 2020 1st AND a 2020 2nd.  Only if you can really project that 2nd to be early tho... 

:lol:

Is it November fools or some crap? 

I believe I have just heard the dumbest take I have ever heard by a fantasy analyst on the Dynasty Command Center podcast.  Patrick and May think that Drake should cost you a 2020 1st AND a 2020 2nd.  Only if you can really project that 2nd to be early tho... 

They must be in the camp that still thinks DJ is destined for IR.

They must be in the camp that still thinks DJ is destined for IR.
Yeah must be, I was thinking that is going to look pretty bad if he goes back to number 3 on the depth chart in a few weeks. 

Or they know more about the 2020 draft than us.... 

Wayyy to uncertain to be paying that kind of Value IMO.  I wouldn't even think about paying an early 2020 2nd for him, let alone the first. 

Drake is the Baby Bell ( La'Veon Bell that is) he always has been, but he was stifled by the previous organization.good to see him thriving.

Hankmoody said:
I think it's neither.  Jonas Grey once had a bajillion TD's in one game.  What happened here is that this is the NFL, and everyone in the NFL is a crazy good football player.  Some are more betterer crazy good that others, but they are all NFL level talent.  Drake showed his elite level of play and a few of the ARI OL did too.  Kwon Alexander disappeared and they didn't even have to block him, so 11 on 10 usually ends up with pretty good results for the 11.
Didn't Kwon tear a pec? Or is that what you mean by disappearing? Ah, probably answered my own question. One of their best wasn't there, regardless. 

Max55 said:

Firmly on my bench and I'm not blaming myself.

I'm also not going to win necessarily, so there's that to consider. 

So trade them Drake in those leagues.

I was pretty impressed with how well Drake played in his most recent game with the Cardinals. I had gotten the impression that the 49ers defense was better than that.

So trade them Drake in those leagues.

I was pretty impressed with how well Drake played in his most recent game with the Cardinals. I had gotten the impression that the 49ers defense was better than that.
Oh for sure, I guess that's what I was saying through my shock at that valuation. Already tried to sell. 

No takers, even for just a mid/early 2nd.

Oh for sure, I guess that's what I was saying through my shock at that valuation. Already tried to sell. 

No takers, even for just a mid/early 2nd.
Hang on then.

Klingbury is still trying to figure things out and Drake looked great. Maybe he can keep it going?

I would expect some form of time share with Drake but he can make big plays. He can catch the ball.

If DJ doesn't come back could be a possible start for you while you wait for his value to improve.

Hang on then.

Klingbury is still trying to figure things out and Drake looked great. Maybe he can keep it going?

I would expect some form of time share with Drake but he can make big plays. He can catch the ball.

If DJ doesn't come back could be a possible start for you while you wait for his value to improve.
Yep, if DJ and Chase don't come back for a while he could put up some numbers in that offense.  He is a good fit, I just think the 2020 class is so deep you will seriously regret giving up any top 20 pick for a RB who isn't certain to be at the top of the depth chart beyond this week, and is a free agent entering the off season. 

Didn't Kwon tear a pec? Or is that what you mean by disappearing? Ah, probably answered my own question. One of their best wasn't there, regardless. 
Yes but it was late and every play I watched Kwon was watching too.  Occasionally approaching the ball carrier, but not often.  A couple of times I had to yell at him to move because I couldn't see the game.

Yes but it was late and every play I watched Kwon was watching too.  Occasionally approaching the ball carrier, but not often.  A couple of times I had to yell at him to move because I couldn't see the game.
Gotcha. Didn't really bring it, huh? I had a late Wednesday and nearly snoozed through Thursday's affair, catching bits and pieces of the game. 

Yep, if DJ and Chase don't come back for a while he could put up some numbers in that offense.  He is a good fit, I just think the 2020 class is so deep you will seriously regret giving up any top 20 pick for a RB who isn't certain to be at the top of the depth chart beyond this week, and is a free agent entering the off season. 
Hammy's take time to heal completely. I think Drake will get some burn here.

Kenyan Drake rushed 10 times for 35 yards in the Cardinals' Week 10 loss to the Bucs, adding six receptions for six yards.

It was not an effective day for the Week 9 trade acquisition, though Drake was by far the Cardinals' best back. He out-touched a hobbled-looking David Johnson 16-6. Johnson could barely move. Chase Edmonds' (hamstring) health is a Week 11 wild card, though Drake could end up with RB2 appeal against a 49ers defense he gutted for 162 yards from scrimmage in Week 9.

This whole backfield is a mess.  I have 1, 2 or all 3 of these guys on my teams.  At this point I wish I had none of them

This whole backfield is a mess.  I have 1, 2 or all 3 of these guys on my teams.  At this point I wish I had none of them
I think it's actually reasonably clear that Drake will get most of the touches, with DJ sprinkling in and Edmonds getting the scraps.

Talk about a move from the outhouse to the penthouse for Drake, although ironically Miami has also improved since he left.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury said he will use a "by committee" approach with his running backs.

Kingsbury declined to name a starting running back after ESPN's Josh Weinfuss noted Kenyan Drake was working ahead of David Johnson in practice Friday. The first-year coach said naming a starter is irrelevant because of all the sub-packages the offense uses. Based on film and usage last week, it appears that Drake will be the leader of the committee for Week 11, but this backfield has been a tough read this season. Johnson could use the Week 12 bye to improve his health, although he was left off the injury report this week.

RELATED: 

David Johnson

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 3:06 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Kenyan Drake will start over David Johnson in Sunday's Week 11 matchup against the 49ers.

It's the right move with Johnson clearly hobbled by his sprained ankle. Drake obliterated the Niners when these teams met last month, erupting for 162 yards on 19 touches in Week 9. The ex-Dolphin out-touched Johnson by a commanding 16-5 margin in last week's loss to Tampa Bay and we'd expect a similar split Sunday in Santa Clara.

RELATED: 

David Johnson

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 17, 2019, 10:33 AM ET

Kenyan Drake rushed 16 times for 67 yards and caught 6-of-7 targets for 13 yards in the Cardinals' Week 11 loss to the 49ers.

Drake handled all 22 backfield touches, as David Johnson was active but didn't touch the ball. Drake has leaped an injured Johnson on the depth chart, but the Cardinals now have their bye week. It will be a situation to monitor ahead of Week 13 against the Rams, especially with Chase Edmonds (hamstring) also nearing a return.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

Cardinals RB Chase Edmonds (hamstring) wasn't listed on the team's final injury report.

The Cardinals have almost completely relegated Davis Johnson to the bench, as their long-time starting RB played just nine total snaps in Week 11 and failed to record a touch. Meanwhile, Kenyan Drake has been nothing short of spectacular since joining the squad in Week 9, as he's posted 41-212-1 rushing and 16-71-0 receiving lines over the Cardinals' past three games. Overall, only Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Melvin Gordon, Josh Jacobs, Alvin Kamara and Le'Veon Bell have averaged more PPR per game than Drake over the past three weeks even though the Cardinals have had less-than-ideal matchups against the 49ers (x2) and Buccaneers. Treat Drake as an upside RB3 in Week 13, but recognize we likely haven't seen the last of the reshuffling in this backfield. There's a very real chance that we see each of Drake, Edmonds and Johnson receive a decent portion of snaps. This scenario could render each as low-floor fantasy options.

SOURCE: Mike Jurecki on Twitter

Nov 29, 2019, 5:09 PM ET

Kenyan Drake rushed 13 times for 31 yards and caught 2-of-5 targets for 20 receiving yards in the Cardinals' Week 13 loss to the Rams.

Drake was very inefficient with Kyler Murray struggling, but he was the clear-cut No. 1 running back over David Johnson and Chase Edmonds. Johnson only had four carries and two targets while Edmonds didn't show up in the box score. Drake should see 12-18 touches as a boom-or-bust RB2 against the Steelers in Week 14, but it's impossible to be fully confident in this backfield right now.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:52 PM ET

Kenyan Drake just powered my team to the championship game!!  

Just mind-boggling that Joe Philbin and Adam Gase couldn't get anything from this guy.   
He was actually pretty awesome towards the tail end of 2017. I believe he was a top 10 ppr RB in the second half of that season.

I expected big things last year, but Phins gonna Phin.

It will be interesting to see if the Cardinals re-sign him with so much money at the position already tied up in DJ.

Some team may throw him some more money than what the Cards may offer.

Users who are viewing this thread