Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
elguapo07

Kenyan Drake - the other Bama RB

Just now, tricky92 said:

For who? LOL

Good question....

• Like 2

Here just to see if the "take away that 1 play and he..." or the "you can't take away that 1 play" side is more convincing this week.

• Laughing 1

I was one of those peeps who won his matchup this week due to that garbage time Drake TD and I'm not giving it back as I've lost plenty of games over the years having same #### happen to me...lol

That said, before the garbage time TD, Drake did look better tonight than he has all year. So there is some positive mojo to take out of tonight. And I for one wouldn't trade him and won't as it would not be crazy to think Drake could go on a nice little roll with Seattle a bye, Miami, Buffalo and Seattle again coming up. He's a firm hold for me and it appears the coaching staff trusts him and is going to roll with him despite how well Edmonds has played this year.

I needed 2 yards before that last carry which gave me the win!

This was the best Drake looked all season. Seem decisive and hit the holes fast. He was willing to take what the defense was giving instead of trying to do too much and that led to a productive game.

Lets hope his involvement in the passing game grows.  Drake was wide open multiple times coming out of the backfield but Murray only seems to be looking down field for the big shots.

That garbage touchdown saved Drake's night.  He still looked like he wanted to bounce stuff outside, when he could have trusted some holes.  Kyler Murray is a real threat to Drake's TD numbers, becaue the coach doesn't trust him.  Dallas' run defense is abysmal (Dallas fan here) and for most of the game, Drake was held to pretty mediocre numbers.  

If you can sell him high, do it now.  He will probably come crashing back down to RB 50 numbers against Seattle. 

8 hours ago, Maximus* said:

I was one of those peeps who won his matchup this week due to that garbage time Drake TD and I'm not giving it back as I've lost plenty of games over the years having same #### happen to me...lol

That said, before the garbage time TD, Drake did look better tonight than he has all year. So there is some positive mojo to take out of tonight. And I for one wouldn't trade him and won't as it would not be crazy to think Drake could go on a nice little roll with Seattle a bye, Miami, Buffalo and Seattle again coming up. He's a firm hold for me and it appears the coaching staff trusts him and is going to roll with him despite how well Edmonds has played this year.

me too.  that run was 13 pts for me.  I win by 1 pt.  cool stuff for us Drake owners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

That garbage touchdown saved Drake's night.  He still looked like he wanted to bounce stuff outside, when he could have trusted some holes.  Kyler Murray is a real threat to Drake's TD numbers, becaue the coach doesn't trust him.  Dallas' run defense is abysmal (Dallas fan here) and for most of the game, Drake was held to pretty mediocre numbers.  

If you can sell him high, do it now.  He will probably come crashing back down to RB 50 numbers against Seattle. 

He had 96 yards and a TD before that run. I wouldn’t call that mediocre.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

I thought just the opposite.  He seemed to be pounding it right where it was designed most of the night.  I didn't notice much of him trying to do more than was there, or trying to break inside runs to the outside.  Overall, aside from the drop, and general lack of passing game involvement, it was a pretty encouraging night for Drake.  It was against a weak run D, but they stuck with him, even after the slow start, and it really allowed him to chew up some yardage in the second half when Dallas D was tired and probably a bit demoralized.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mene said:

I thought just the opposite.  He seemed to be pounding it right where it was designed most of the night.  I didn't notice much of him trying to do more than was there, or trying to break inside runs to the outside.  Overall, aside from the drop, and general lack of passing game involvement, it was a pretty encouraging night for Drake.  It was against a weak run D, but they stuck with him, even after the slow start, and it really allowed him to chew up some yardage in the second half when Dallas D was tired and probably a bit demoralized.

The only "odd" decision I saw from Drake all night was a play where he looked like he was trying to dodge Vander Esch (looked like a game of peek-a-boo), and probably gave up a couple of yards instead of taking him on head-on.

28 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

I literally needed that garbage td to be over 50 yards to win lol wow

Meanwhile, that was the only way I could lose.  By 1.8.  I know, point at the shirt.

55 minutes ago, shadrap said:

me too.  that run was 13 pts for me.  I win by 1 pt.  cool stuff for us Drake owners.

Just a crazy wild night and fantasy win. Down by 79 points with Drake, Kyler and Lamb and my opponent with Chase Edwards, figured no chance in hell I could win seeing Edwards was likely going to take away from Drake's production. But as sometimes happens, the fantasy gods show us some love and so 87 points from my 3 guys and just 4 for my opponent and voila a nice and "easy" 4.5 point win with the Drake garbage time TD which was the coup de grace on what was in reality a #### show of a game overall.

But like I said earlier, how many times over the years have we been f'd by those same fantasy gods with excrutiating losses. Well it's nice to be on the other side of the coin for a change. And as a bonus, it looks like Drake might just be ready to go on a little roll and begin to rumble and run like us Drake owners  thought he would be doing when we drafted him middle of the 2nd rounds to be a very good #2 RB.

Anyways,  we shalt see but some hope for us Drake owners after some frustrating times the past few weeks with him.

Edited by Maximus*
  • Like 1

Im just here to celebrate Drakes garbage time TD. :headbang:

Those are plays you dream of if you own a player and have him going on MNF in a comeback attempt, isnt it?

Drake silencing the crowd for at least a week.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Those are plays you dream of if you own a player and have him going on MNF in a comeback attempt, isnt it?

yea, especially on a Monday night while your opponent is left in shatters on his couch.  It happens.  we know this should be in the crowing thread but this has more exposure & us Drake owners are probably hung over.

cheers!

• Like 1

I won a game because of it, too. I was down 1 at the time and needed a 5 yard run from him to win. Makes up for my stupid decision to sit Justin Jefferson at the last second to play DeVante Parker.

On a separate note, I lost in another league because of the garbage TD pass to Cooper right before that. I was up just over 12 at the time and my opponent had both Dalton and Cooper going. Lost by .18. 

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I finally gave up and sat him

I need 13.3 points on his last run to win my week. 

I lost by 0.3 points.

Worst of all, I thought I had won until I looked closer. 

Maybe it was just the heated emotions but I traded Drake immediately after the game in a bundle for Bell, Waller, and Fulgham. 

Very happy to be rid of him. He was annoying to watch all night. Looked almost scared of contact, couldn't catch a cold by licking a hospital doorknob, and Murray is the ultimate vulture.

• Like 1

League 1: I lost on the garbage TD to Cooper

League 2: I tied my opponent on the Drake TD

League 3: The same opponent stole the high score $ from me on the Drake TD

1 minute ago, zed2283 said:

This happened to me only I had Drake and came up .28 points short. Would have won weekly high-score had it been one yard longer on the run (or if Chiefs had put up a few more points to give Bills D another negative point). 

Absolutely ####### brutal way to end a matchup. 

57 minutes ago, zed2283 said:

League 1: I lost on the garbage TD to Cooper

League 2: I tied my opponent on the Drake TD

Fantasy football in a nutshell, you play in so many this will happen.

So after getting a big week from him last week, you get hardly anything this week and now he goes off injured on a cart with the towel over his head.

Football is a cruel game.

Just now, Truebluey said:

So after getting a big week from him last week, you get hardly anything this week and now he goes off injured on a cart with the towel over his head.

Football is a cruel game.

And, this is why you have Chase Edmonds on your bench.

1 minute ago, tricky92 said:

And, this is why you have Chase Edmonds on your bench.

He already has 16 points PPR tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truebluey said:

He already has 16 points PPR tonight.

Should become a weekly stud if Drake misses time.

20 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

Should become a weekly stud if Drake misses time.

Making a case that he should have been the main guy all along. Had near a 5 YPC average coming into this game. Runs with burst and violence. Great hands and solid vision in space.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Making a case that he should have been the main guy all along. Had near a 5 YPC average coming into this game. Runs with burst and violence. Great hands and solid vision in space.

As a Drake owner in re-draft, I made it a priority to trade for Edmonds a couple weeks ago.

Small ligament tear in his ankle.  Similar to a HAS.  Expected to be out "a few weeks".

Looking at their schedule, I would think he misses 4 games and is back week 13.  But really, is he going to be startable in your playoffs at all?

10 minutes ago, elbowrm said:

Will be Wally Pipped

It's a real possibility, especially with a multi-game audition.

13 minutes ago, elbowrm said:

Will be Wally Pipped

Yeah, there's definitely a chance of that.   

Chase Edmunds looks like a better fit for Arizona's offense.   

18 hours ago, tricky92 said:

As a Drake owner in re-draft, I made it a priority to trade for Edmonds a couple weeks ago.

Good for you.  I couldn't pry Edmonds away.

7 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Yeah, it was tough. I had to create a package deal to make it happen and gave up a lot of talent in the process.

27 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

me neither.  regarding Edmonds-he is brittle-more so than most it seems to me.  stud when he plays though.

8 minutes ago, shadrap said:

me neither.  regarding Edmonds-he is brittle-more so than most it seems to me.  stud when he plays though.

The guy missed 3 games with a hamstring injury last year. Since entering the league in 2018, that's his only injury history.

Tell me how he is brittle -- more so than most?

On 10/26/2020 at 6:17 PM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

The guy missed 3 games with a hamstring injury last year. Since entering the league in 2018, that's his only injury history.

Missed half his senior season with various leg injuries. 

Edit: not saying that makes him brittle, just adding to the convo. 

Edited by turkishkamel

4 hours ago, turkishkamel said:

Missed half his senior season with various leg injuries. 

Edit: not saying that makes him brittle, just adding to the convo. 

I am not sure I am holding a single instance of injury in college 3 years ago as the standard for a guy being labeled brittle, let alone more than most.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

must have remembered wrong.  surprised only 3 games missed.

Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said Kenyan Drake's ankle injury isn't as severe as first believed. 

Kingsbury said the team was "very fortunate" Drake's injury wasn't as bad as they thought when he was carted off the field a couple weeks ago against the Seahawks. Kingsbury called Drake "day to day" but didn't say whether he would suit up against the Dolphins this week. Drake drafters should prepare to go without Drake for Week 9, but Week 10 looks like a real possibility for his return. Chase Edmonds, the team's lead back if Drake is out, should be rostered in all formats. 

RELATED: 

Chase Edmonds

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter 

Nov 2, 2020, 9:26 AM ET

I'll believe it when I see it. Think they'll play it careful with him especially since the dude was clearly not 100% before the injury (I've held the belief all year that Drake being in a boot before the season opener was a bigger deal than the team let on and that whatever the injury was is what was responsible for his subpar performances). 

My guess is they hold him out 6 weeks to be careful, as long as Edmonds performs up to snuff which I think he will. 

If they're winning, they're not gonna feel the heat to throw Drake back to the wolves. 

• Thanks 1

Kenyan Drake (ankle) was held out of practice on Wednesday.

This was the Cardinals' first practice out of their bye, and all signs point to Chase Edmonds handling the bulk, if not all, of the backfield touches against the Dolphins' 32nd run defense according to DVOA. On Monday, coach Kliff Kingsbury said Drake's ankle injury was not as severe as first believed, but excuse us for not trusting the statement until Drake gets in a full practice session. Edmonds should be viewed as an RB1 in Week 9 if Drake is indeed sidelined.

RELATED: 

Chase Edmonds

Nov 4, 2020, 7:16 PM ET

Kenyan Drake (ankle) won't play in Week 9 against the Dolphins.

Drake should be considered week-to-week since he was unable to practice at any point heading into Sunday. Chase Edmonds becomes a no-brainer RB1 without Drake as the former has already scored just 1.3 fewer fantasy points than Drake on 71 fewer touches this year. Edmonds is currently ranked as RotoPat's RB5 for Week 9.

RELATED: 

Chase Edmonds

SOURCE: Kyle Odegard on Twitter

Nov 6, 2020, 3:48 PM ET

Is Drake worth trading FOR in dynasty at this point? I ave to think he must still have some value, but how much? NFC

9 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

Is Drake worth trading FOR in dynasty at this point? I ave to think he must still have some value, but how much? NFC

If you want an injured player on the transition tag, then maybe?

I don't really know. I've thought about it personally but don't really have the assets that I'd need to get him. I'd need a receiver I could part with, and I've got none of those in my dynasty league.

• Like 1

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Kenyan Drake (ankle) remains day-to-day.

Drake's participation in practice (if any) will likely determine his status for Week 10. Chase Edmonds was limited to 2.8 yards per carry in the interim on Sunday but notably handled 25 of Arizona's 26 running back carries and 28-of-30 backfield touches. Edmonds remains a strong usage-based bounce-back candidate against Buffalo as long as Drake remains sidelined.

SOURCE: Kyle Odegard on Twitter

Nov 9, 2020, 2:15 PM ET

Kenyan Drake back at practice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1