What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenneth Dixon, Free Agent (2 Viewers)

Will there ever be a ravens RB that really has value?

It's been since Ray Rice that I'd ever consider drafting a BAL RB.  Offense is usually pretty solid, but RBs just always seem to be roll players rather than features in that offense, and there is always some kind of RBBC.  And they never seem to have a big name guy on their roster.
You must be forgetting the one glorious season of Justin Forsett! 

Arodin said:
You must be forgetting the one glorious season of Justin Forsett! 
Right.  That was a good WW pick up that year.

I'll steer clear of Ravens RBs until there is some more clarity with the RB situation there... too much risk to be drafting these guys in round 5 and better (Colins, ahem).

steelwind said:
Okay I have both Gus and Dixon in my standard league.  Do I play both?  If I do I'd be sitting Michel.  Someone tell me what to do.
With Develin vulturing TDs in NE and the matchups this week Id be really tempted to look at Dixon there, but would probably look at a WR if this is a flex spot.

Thats a tough one

Last edited by a moderator:
I just laden him in an FFPC league where I'll be without Ware and am a MONUMENTAL underdog. Being that it's ppr is giving me pause but I have to consider him, Ingram (pretty disappointing to be honest) and Josh Adams. What to do....

Rainy weather. 

Coach wants to get him the ball more

Ty Montgomery a healthy scratch. 

Good matchup

All signs leading to Dixon being a pretty damn good plug and play guy this week. Firing him up with confidence. He’s been effective and now should take all of the passing down work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rainy weather. 

Good matchup

All signs leading to Dixon being a pretty damn good plug and play guy this week. Firing him up with confidence. He’s been effective and now should take all of the passing down work. 
Nuts to consider Dixon over A. Jones (@CHI) in PPR? 

Need upside.

Feels too cute, but I'm also starting CHI D as well. Need both this D and the RB slot to produce.

Rainy weather. 

Good matchup

Any fear of Allen getting some looks in passing game?

Nuts to consider Dixon over A. Jones (@CHI) in PPR? 

Need upside.

Feels too cute, but I'm also starting CHI D as well. Need both this D and the RB slot to produce.
Tough call. If Jones got the usage he deserved I’d feel much better playing him. I’m more desperate at my rb2/flex spot so I’m comfortable playing Dixon. 

Any fear of Allen getting some looks in passing game?
He might, but he’s barely played any offensive snaps since Ty became their pass catching back. Mostly relegated to special teams as of late. I’m seeing this move to make Ty a healthy scratch as an all in by the coach to make Dixon the pass catching back more than going back to buck. 

Kenneth Dixon rushed eight times for 28 yards, adding two catches for 20 yards in Baltimore's Week 16 victory over the Chargers.

Dixon again had No. 2 duties all to himself with Javorius Allen on the sidelines as a healthy scratch. He showed explosiveness and elusiveness on several occasions throughout the evening, but also took himself off the field with a fumble to start the second half and, later on, a boneheaded false start while the Ravens were driving in a one-score game. Gus Edwards ultimately out-touched Dixon 15-10 on the day. The Browns have been hemorrhaged on the ground by opposing runners, but Edwards remains the RB2 to target in this backfield.

Dec 23 - 12:52 AM

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec speculated about Kenneth Dixon's spot on the roster following the addition of fourth-round RB Justice Hill.

According to Zrebiec, Dixon was expected to stick around even following the Mark Ingram signing, but Hill's addition makes his roster spot more tenuous. Dixon could do himself a favor by staying healthy and showing some ability on special teams during training camp. Even if he sticks on the roster, Dixon will struggle to return fantasy value behind Ingram and likely Hill.

SOURCE: The Athletic

May 9, 2019, 10:42 AM ET

Well, I had high hopes for this guy since drafting him a few years back, but man, he just can't seem to get over the hump. :kicksrock:  

Why wouldn't the Ravens just keep 4 RB's, especially with how run heavy they project to be, and especially since 3 of them would be on rookie deals?

Kenneth Dixon has been sitting out OTAs.

Dixon is dealing with an undisclosed injury. It's a concern after the Ravens added Mark Ingram and rookie Justice Hill this offseason. Dixon needs to get healthy to have any chance of keeping his spot.

Jun 1, 2019, 10:03 AM ET

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley left Kenneth Dixon off his initial 53-man roster projection to open training camp.

Dixon better learn how to contribute on special teams if he's going to force the Ravens to keep him. Finally healthy in 2018, Dixon showed flashes down the stretch last season, but the Ravens still went out and signed Mark Ingram and drafted Justice Hill. Gus Edwards is expected to be safe as Ingram's sidekick in this run-heavy offense. Dixon is 25 and entering the final year of his rookie deal.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Jul 24, 2019, 10:26 AM ET

Evan Silva‏Verified account @evansilva

More indications here that RB Kenneth Dixon is on the outs with #Ravens. Didn’t even play in their third preseason game. Dealing with knee soreness & has history of knee problems:

Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic named Kenneth Dixon as a player whose stock is "trending down."

Already on the roster bubble, the oft-injured Dixon was absent from the Ravens' third preseason game due to knee soreness. The missed reps obviously don't bode well for Dixon, who enters his contract year with just 148 carries under his belt. Even if Dixon survives Saturday's cut day, he'll just be an afterthought behind backfield staples Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards and talented rookie Justice Hill.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:47 AM ET

Ravens released RB Kenneth Dixon with an injury settlement.

An elusive powerhouse when healthy, Dixon's played in only 18 games since being drafted as the No. 134 overall pick in '16 due to a variety of injuries and setbacks. He's unlikely to land with a new suitor as he rehabs from a fractured knee during the season, but should be back on radars next year. The Ravens will move forward with Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards and Justice Hill at running back.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

Sep 2, 2019, 3:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread