What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low? Sell High? (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Who are you looking to buy low or sell high thus far?

Chris Archer is being dangled by the owner in a dynasty points league for me.  I almost dealt Story for him last week but opted out.  I might be able to get Archer for Ventura in a pitcher straight up trade.

Does anyone think Archer and his slider will bounce back?

I would invest in Archer if the price was right.  I would prefer Archer over Ventura so I would make that deal.

Just bought Trout. Not sure if it was high or low or just about right

He cost McCutchen, Upton, Strasburg

:shrug:

I tried for Archer, with a team needing 1B and OF, but couldn't get him at the price I wanted.  I offered Freeman (with potentially Alex Gordon or Calhoun).  He only wanted to give me Joe Ross.

What's Price's deal?  I haven't seen any of his games but skimming through his Fangraphs page, most peripherals are fine, other than the lost velocity and a higher than usual number of line drives given up (I don't know how early this stabilizes). Is the loss of 2 MPH making it easier for batters to drive his pitches or just bad luck?

What's Price's deal?  I haven't seen any of his games but skimming through his Fangraphs page, most peripherals are fine, other than the lost velocity and a higher than usual number of line drives given up (I don't know how early this stabilizes). Is the loss of 2 MPH making it easier for batters to drive his pitches or just bad luck?
hard to say.  the SwStr% is at an all time high.  it does indeed look like it's the fastball that's giving him problems.  HR/FB isn't insanely high like Pineda's, it looks like a crazy high BABIP that's doing him in.  I tend to think that regresses a good bit, though possibly not back to league average or his career average.  it's probably a hold for me unless you can get par.

Price has a 29.1% line drive rate and 41.2% hard contact rate. I haven't figured out exactly how to use those stats yet, but both of those are really bad and probably at least partially to blame for the high BABIP.

He's working on a mechanical adjustment, so maybe that will fix him. Seems like a decent buy low if he's cheap enough. The way Boston is hitting he'll be a nice source of wins regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread