What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL DRAFT TRADE UPS OR TRADE DOWNS THAT YOU EXPECT (1 Viewer)

twood

Footballguy
Please list any rumors or thoughts on your team.

List who they are trading with/and why good for both

The compensation

And the player they are going after.

I will start

Tenn trades from #15, #43 and #64 for #4 with Dallas

Tenn moves up to get Tunsil (wow would they be ecstatic to still him, for cheaper, and get all the extra picks they would still have even after this trade)

Dallas picks up a #2 and a #3 this year and still could get a top line DE or DT (which is what they are looking for) or the #1 wr on the board (which is what I think they need).

Who knows. I f they really want Elliot, they might get him here or they have more ammo to move up again (with maybe Cleveland).

Anyone has 1 they think could happen?

Tenn trades from #15, #43 and #64 for #4 with Dallas
Tennessee would probably have to give up 15 and the two seconds they got from the Rams if they wanted to do this, and I doubt that happens.  I do think they move up, but I think it's to grab Stanley, and it's closer to pick 9.

I also think someone moves up for a QB, whether it's someone from the 2nd round to grab someone at the end of the first, or if someone jumps up to grab Lynch.

The trading value scale has this trade almost perfectly matching plus I think Dallas would be motivated to make it.

I think Lynch is going in the teens and I think Hackenberg will also go in the late 1st. Maybe someone trading back in the first for him.

Tennessee would probably have to give up 15 and the two seconds they got from the Rams if they wanted to do this, and I doubt that happens.  I do think they move up, but I think it's to grab Stanley, and it's closer to pick 9.

I also think someone moves up for a QB, whether it's someone from the 2nd round to grab someone at the end of the first, or if someone jumps up to grab Lynch.
Jon Robinson was with Tampa Bay last season.  I could definitely see Licht and Robinson working something out for the 9th pick. 

I see Lynch going to San Francisco at 7 and I'm not sure I see a viable trade up over them that makes sense other than Cleveland into the 4,5 or 6 spot.

Wildcard to move up for Lynch is the Jets. I'm just not sure there is a partner for them in the 45 or 6 spot(I have San Francisco selecting him at 7). Maybe the Jaguars at 5 if Muhammad Wilkerson is part of the deal but I don't know that is possible although the Jaguars seem to have lots of cap space to sign him.

I could see Dallas moving down but I don't think they'd want to go too far down and out of the top 10(after NYG) as it's not often they're going to be in a position to grab an impact player this high.

I can see Miami moving down again and Minnesota moving up into that spot for a WR(Docston) to jump ahead of a couple of teams that may poach a WR.

voiceofunreason said:
I guarantee the number of teams moving up equals the number muving down. 
You're already wrong. 

Teams moving up: eagles, rams

Teams moving down: titans, browns, dolphins

I could see Miami wanting to get back to #8.  Hargreaves or Zeke would both fit.  However, what I heard from the Browns GM makes it likely Cleveland stays put.  (he referenced getting their guy at 8 instead of 2.)

Love that the Pats traded their first round pick to Goodell and got nothing in return.....best trade out of the first I've seen in years!

Jon Robinson was with Tampa Bay last season.  I could definitely see Licht and Robinson working something out for the 9th pick. 
The Titans will probably move up once a few players on their list are taken.  Whether that's for an OT, Doctson, or Buckner (probably not as he should be the 2nd or 3rd non qb taken) remains to be seen - the safer bet would be OT. 

8-10 range I think, not all the way to 4. 

The Titans will probably move up once a few players on their list are taken.  Whether that's for an OT, Doctson, or Buckner (probably not as he should be the 2nd or 3rd non qb taken) remains to be seen - the safer bet would be OT. 

8-10 range I think, not all the way to 4. 
Sure.  Tampa has the 9th pick.  If all of the "elite" defensive players are gone and the Bucs aren't really sold on VHIII they could look to move out and Tennessee may be inclined to move up for someone like Stanley.  I think the Bucs like Rankins and would rather take him at 15 than 9.

Love that the Pats traded their first round pick to Goodell and got nothing in return.....best trade out of the first I've seen in years!
They did get to use game balls with an air pressure below regulation for years in exchange for the pick. Supposedly that's the way Tom likes his balls, per Dorito Dink and the Deflator.

Bengals.

I project: no moves.

The Bengals are an organization that strongly believes in letting the board come to them.  I would think that to the extent they make moves it would more likely be down rather than go up and get someone.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread