What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New addicting time waster (1 Viewer)

VA703

Footballguy
Slither.io

can play webbased or on the phone

Slither.io is the classic game Snake, but massively multiplayer and with the ruthless eat-and-grow mechanic of Osmos. The "eat" mechanism is subverted: hitting other creatures results in death, so you must instead outmanoever them and force them to hit you. 

Anybody playing this? You can select the game server for a fbg royal rumble

Heh. fun. I was 1-1. I juked the one big guy into hitting me. Then I got surrounded by some huge guy and that was all for me.

Got to 4th... got into a battle with 3rd and 1st... 1st took us both out and ended up over 100k... Dude was huge!

My kids got me into this game. It's pretty fun, and easy to get stuck playing "just one more game."

Highest score I've gotten is 12,044.

VA703 said:
Slither.io

can play webbased or on the phone

Slither.io is the classic game Snake, but massively multiplayer and with the ruthless eat-and-grow mechanic of Osmos. The "eat" mechanism is subverted: hitting other creatures results in death, so you must instead outmanoever them and force them to hit you. 

Anybody playing this? You can select the game server for a fbg royal rumble
My son is addicted to it, just like he was with agar.io . I agree with Smack.... No freakin way I'm clicking that link. Clash of Clans is enough.

new record 24469.2  :yes:

when big enough i just circle around in a ball luring smaller snakes inside then its python mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Made it to #5 with 12729. Practically started at 5k, someone destroyed two large worms near me and I got to reap most of the rewards.

Does the server slow down and speed up from time to time?
im sure the more players on screen will slow it down. that's why I stopped playing on the iphone.

havnt had any issues on the computer

are you playing on phone or pc? I find It much easier on the computer
Laptop, but my mouse pad is not very effective.    I have real difficulty keeping track of where the mouse cursor is in relation to my snake's head.  It seems to jump around the screen on its own sometimes.  Other times my finger movements cause the cursor to drift too far away from the snake's head, and it doesn't turn quite like I expect it to when I move my finger.  There have been a number of occasions where I have clicked the mouse pad trying to use turbo speed only to click off the screen and accidentally close the website.  That really pisses me off if I have a good run going.

Laptop, but my mouse pad is not very effective.    I have real difficulty keeping track of where the mouse cursor is in relation to my snake's head.  It seems to jump around the screen on its own sometimes.  Other times my finger movements cause the cursor to drift too far away from the snake's head, and it doesn't turn quite like I expect it to when I move my finger.  There have been a number of occasions where I have clicked the mouse pad trying to use turbo speed only to click off the screen and accidentally close the website.  That really pisses me off if I have a good run going.
you need to use a mouse with a zoom feature, the scroll wheel on the mouse don't know what its called.

If you play in chrome this lets you zoom in and zoom out so you can see much further away of what's going on. Helps when you are a huge snake and need to circle another one.

you need to use a mouse with a zoom feature, the scroll wheel on the mouse don't know what its called.

If you play in chrome this lets you zoom in and zoom out so you can see much further away of what's going on. Helps when you are a huge snake and need to circle another one.
Hmm

I think zooming is a MOD...not meant to be able to zoom in and out.  I have a zoom wheel and can't zoom the actual board.

Hmm

I think zooming is a MOD...not meant to be able to zoom in and out.  I have a zoom wheel and can't zoom the actual board.
it was a chrome addon. not sure maybe it is  a mod. it doesn't work with IE or firefox

I saw a few youtube replays and they were saying zoom is a must so maybe???!

but yea its a must

so since you can select which server to play on

maybe we can start wagering on this?!

$20 buyin

set a time everyone logs into server, top score after 30 minutes wins the pot

Anyone figure out what determines who wins a head on collision?  Seems I have won some and lost some, but I have not determined why.  Random?

Anyone figure out what determines who wins a head on collision?  Seems I have won some and lost some, but I have not determined why.  Random?
head on collision I think depends on the worm size

it would make sense atleast

I'm down to play on a server with some FBGs. 

Just got my personal best score of 36k. Was circling two other pretty big snakes and all sorts of little ones kept around the outside, and eventually I ran into one that was damn near start size! Ugh.

I'm down to play on a server with some FBGs. 

Just got my personal best score of 36k. Was circling two other pretty big snakes and all sorts of little ones kept around the outside, and eventually I ran into one that was damn near start size! Ugh.
in

this could be the new Poker thread

Definitely recommend the add on for chrome if you play on a computer. Can change the graphics, zoom in/out, and change servers to play with friends. Lowering the graphics and zooming out has improved my gameplay.

I'm playing on 176.9.101.115:475 server if anyone wants to play. Just post here when you get online. I play under the name "Moar Dots". I'll add FBG to the end of my name also.

The kids downloaded this onto my phone.

Didn't know what it was.... opened it.... haven't done anything productive since.

I have no idea how to choose a particular server...I see no options for that.

ETA...just saw dialogue above about needing an add on.

Users who are viewing this thread