What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does white privilege exist? (1 Viewer)

Yes, when I go shoplifting and don't get caught because they are following around the black guy who looks like a shoplifter.

I imagine there is no single, common definition of what white privilege is*.  Under some definitions, I suspect the answer is "absolutely, it exists", while using other definitions would lead to the conclusion that it does not exist.

* For example, I would hazard a guess that Eminence and timschochet have wildly different definitions of white privilege.

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine there is no single, common definition of what white privilege is*.  Under some definitions, I suspect the answer is "absolutely, it exists", while using other definitions would lead to the conclusion that it does not exist.

* For example, I would hazard a guess that Eminence and timschochet have wildly different definitions of white privilege.
The concept is abstract which clearly shows the agenda. Don't good looking people have privledge?

Doesn't it seem moronic to try and force things to be fair based on genetics? We have stats that I'm sure can prove people with blue eyes get the best jobs.

It's nonsense. You work hard, somebody will notice. Businesses are in the business of making money, a.k.a hiring the best qualified candidates that fits into the company.

I don't think you can be that intelligent and overtly racist at the same time.

Well of course ...Em is white and Tim is black....so that makes sense..

When I get pulled over by police they usually just ask me some questions and give me a ticket.  I've never been shot or stabbed by a cop.

I also have a house loan.

My opinions are considered mine, and not "my people's opinions."

I get treated pretty well by the police in rural Louisiana.

I attended schools, including Universities, that are highly ranked and in which white people were and are disproportionately (highly) represented 

My culture and heritage were and are taught year-round in schools

When I turn on the television, any time, day or night, there is a show on that has a positively-portrayed character of my race

When Timothy McVeigh blew up a building, or a racist kid shot up a church or a mentally ill white guy slaughtered people at a school, nobody talked about banning people like me from the U.S.

I get lauded and praised for saying things like "people should get equal treatment regardless of race" even though that should be the bare minimum requirement to be considered a rational human being in our society

And most importantly, if I get exhausted and absolutely cannot handle one more discussion or thought about race or racism today, I can put the topic away and not have to think about it.  If I'm done dealing with racism for the day, I don't have to lock myself in a room to get away from it.

Also, my name is super white.  "Henry Ford" sounds positively ethnic compared to my name.  Like, "Benedict Cumberbatch" level white. I have no doubt that I've gotten job interviews, loans, credit cards, grades, and all kinds of crap because of my super white name over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread