What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Post Your 2016 Rookie Draft (1 Viewer)

Denver724

Footballguy
I noticed this was posted last year. Loved the thread. I have a draft starting tomorrow. Feel free to post a link to your draft or just cut/paste the full draft. Good luck to everyone. 

A couple other drafts I found. I am not involved in either, but they have already started.

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=67396&O=17

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB (R)

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR (R)

Coleman, Corey CLE WR (R)

Doctson, Josh WAS WR (R)

Thomas, Michael NOS WR (R)

Shepard, Sterling NYG WR (R)

Boyd, Tyler CIN WR (R)

http://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=25305&O=17

Oh man Michael Thomas before Shepard jumps out at me as a mistake. Boyd is not a 1st round pick......When has the #2 WR on Cincy ever mattered?

Oh man Michael Thomas before Shepard jumps out at me as a mistake. Boyd is not a 1st round pick......When has the #2 WR on Cincy ever mattered?
Things can change. I can remember last year people saying, When was the last time a WR in Oakland mattered? (and no, I am not comparing Boyd to Cooper). And going back a few years, people avoided Stevie Johnson in Buffalo because traditionally the #2 WR there had no value (which he proved wrong). There are probably other examples if I thought about it.

That said, I think your opinion will reflect the view of many dynasty owners and subsequently I expect Boyd to fall below 1.07 in most leagues (which is good for me as I got a bunch of late 1sts).

Before last season, when has the #2 WR in Jacksonville ever mattered? Or the QB in Jacksonville? Or heck, when is the last time the #1 WR mattered there? 

Suddenly, Jacksonville is one of the most desirable offenses to claim a part of. Things change quickly in the NFL.

Mid-late 1st round picks are pretty poor as a whole this year. There were 4 RBs selected in Rounds 1-3 this year. 2015? 8. 2014? 8. Just another example of how weak this year is. 

Here is another I found. 

http://www62.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=59597&O=17

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR

Coleman, Corey CLE WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR

Doctson, Josh WAS WR

Shepard, Sterling NYG WR

Fuller, Will HOU WR

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Boyd, Tyler CIN WR

Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB

Booker, Devontae DEN RB

Prosise, C.J. SEA RB

Carroo, Leonte MIA WR

Williams, Jonathan BUF RB

Howard, Jordan CHI RB

Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR

Miller, Braxton HOU WR

Drake, Kenyan MIA RB

Last edited by a moderator:
You have 12 guys you like better than Boyd?  Sign me up.  Who?
Zeke, Dixon, Coleman, Treadwell, Doctson, Henry, Shephard, Fuller, Procise, Perkins, Thomas...yeah it's tough. This is a rough class and I think you can make a strong case for Boyd as a first rounder.

Before last season, when has the #2 WR in Jacksonville ever mattered? Or the QB in Jacksonville? Or heck, when is the last time the #1 WR mattered there? 

Suddenly, Jacksonville is one of the most desirable offenses to claim a part of. Things change quickly in the NFL.
That one's easy:  Brunell, Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell!

I have the 1.8 in an IDP league.2 points for each tackle,1 point for each assist.With a 2point bonus after 8 tackles and 1 point bonus after 8 assists.Is that too early to draft a LB?I was thinking of going either Jack or Ragland there instead of WR or RB.Good or bad idea?

A couple other drafts I found. I am not involved in either, but they have already started.

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=67396&O=17

Doctson, Josh WAS WR (R)

Thomas, Michael NOS WR (R)

Shepard, Sterling NYG WR (R)

Boyd, Tyler CIN WR (R)

http://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=25305&O=17

Too high for Thomas.  I would take Derrick Henry before Thomas and Denver724 posted that  someone in another league took Thomas before Doctson and that is insane.

I've got 6 starting on 5/7 and 5/8 and will post links then. 

In the mean time does anyone have the time/willingness to build a spreadsheet/Google doc to compile these results so we can get a generic ADP? I know league settings may be a bit different but perhaps we could note if 2 QB or super flex (if there are any) to be able to exclude from the results. Would love to have something as a point of reference before my drafts. 

I've got 6 starting on 5/7 and 5/8 and will post links then. 

In the mean time does anyone have the time/willingness to build a spreadsheet/Google doc to compile these results so we can get a generic ADP? I know league settings may be a bit different but perhaps we could note if 2 QB or super flex (if there are any) to be able to exclude from the results. Would love to have something as a point of reference before my drafts. 
MFL already has an ADP tool here so we get all of them, whether they post them here or not :)

MFL already has an ADP tool here so we get all of them, whether they post them here or not :)
Thanks. I've always found the filtering to be kind of annoying. Always forget how to filter to exclude all the Def. players and oftentimes it shows players that are clearly not at that ADP.  Think I finally figured that part out.

But, I think the system lags what we've got here as none of what's been posted here shows in this list. Likely the MFL ADP tool only uses completed drafts which won't help me 5 days from now :)

I have the 1.8 in an IDP league.2 points for each tackle,1 point for each assist.With a 2point bonus after 8 tackles and 1 point bonus after 8 assists.Is that too early to draft a LB?I was thinking of going either Jack or Ragland there instead of WR or RB.Good or bad idea?
That is likely too early to grab an IDP.  If you go that route I prefer Ragland for 2016.

It is unlikely Jack is healthy enough to put up stud numbers this year. Even Ragland may prove to be a 2 down thumper.

If you are deadset on IDP, try trading down to mid-late 2nd and pick up some additional consideration.

im jacked up,

that post is the best post and most helpful ive seen in my short time here. i do not know if you started it or just shared the link but that is the most helpful thing the internet has provided me in some time. i felt it was important for me to share how much i actually appreciate that, so thank you.

wheels

Nice.  He's the obvious pick there.  Especially if it's a ppr.
Oh yeah for sure. Thought about trading it away if I couldn't get Docston/Coleman there. A few weird picks in there so far. The guy that just took Booker got a steal, IMO, in the mid-2nd. Was desperately trying to trade for that pick, but couldn't get a deal done.

MattFancy said:
Oh yeah for sure. Thought about trading it away if I couldn't get Docston/Coleman there. A few weird picks in there so far. The guy that just took Booker got a steal, IMO, in the mid-2nd. Was desperately trying to trade for that pick, but couldn't get a deal done.
Yeah wtf is McLean Mainline doing? Saw his roster and he's holding a bunch of scrub QBs on his roster. I figured it was super flex but nope. Lmao.

Looks like a doomsday prepper preparing for the Qb apocalypse. He must have owned one of the teams I just took over. What a waste of roster space.

I noticed some of these drafts have some veterans sprinkled in. I will take them out and update again after work. Didn't catch it last night cause Johnny Walker punched me in the mouth. 

Users who are viewing this thread