Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Denver724

***Official*** Post Your 2016 Rookie Draft

1 hour ago, jeaton6 said:

Lol. I think his ADP is up about 5 spots from drafts starting 4/30 or 5/1 to ones starting in last 2 days.

Well so much has changed since then. ;)

On 5/6/2016 at 8:11 PM, pizzatyme said:

Add:

Coleman

Shepard 

Dixon

Henry

Updating through 2.1:

Zeke

Treadwell

Doctson

Coleman

Shepard Trade up to get him

Dixon

Henry

M. Thomas

Prosise

Perkins

Gates/FA Trade up to get him

Howard Trade up to get him

Fuller

Full disclosure: I'm one of the biggest fans of Kenneth Dixon in this forum, but even I would choose Corey Coleman over Dixon with little pause. At 1.05 though, Dixon is the clear choice in PPR and non-PPR.

Yeah, 4.58 is a little on the slow side, but his physical co-ordination (Body IQ) is top-shelf, and he runs with an attitude that you wish every under-performing pro RB had. I would not count on Forsett beyond 2016, and Buck Javorius is just a likeable guy. I'm betting that Harbaugh and I have similar expectations for Dixon.

Fun Fact: Kenneth Dixon had 889 NCAA touches and scored 87 touchdowns.

3 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

Full disclosure: I'm one of the biggest fans of Kenneth Dixon in this forum, but even I would choose Corey Coleman over Dixon with little pause. At 1.05 though, Dixon is the clear choice in PPR and non-PPR.

Yeah, 4.58 is a little on the slow side, but his physical co-ordination (Body IQ) is top-shelf, and he runs with an attitude that you wish every under-performing pro RB had. I would not count on Forsett beyond 2016, and Buck Javorius is just a likeable guy. I'm betting that Harbaugh and I have similar expectations for Dixon.

Fun Fact: Kenneth Dixon had 889 NCAA touches and scored 87 touchdowns.

Chasing stats with this guy. Nice back no doubt and could carve out featured back role eventually but he has a couple of talented guys in front of him. 87 TDs nice accomplishment but wasn't doing this against best programs in the country. 

I keep thinking of Kevin Smith for some reason. Extremely prolific senior year and solid running and receiving. I know Dixon was very consistent throughout his college career. Seems like a guy who can do everything pretty well but I'm not spending an early pick on a guy who played against inferior competition and didn't absolutely dominate.  No idea if he can't put it together at next level. I know Waldman loves him and others are warming on him but no thanks.

Wouldn't touch with anything before 1.9 and only if RB needy.

17 hours ago, Dope said:

Dixon just went 1.02 in our 14 team non-ppr league.

OK...This is the outlier draft.

14 teams non-PPR...qrwfffkd (yeah...3 flex so you can start 4 RBs if you want. Also non-TE req so TE's count as WR's)

1st round

1. Zeke

2. Dixon

3. Henry

4. Treadwell

5. Coleman

6. Shepard

7. Perkins

8. Howard

9. Booker

10. Prosise

11. Docston

12. Fuller

13. Thomas

14. Boyd

2nd round

1. Marshall

Edited by Dope
add some more picks
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, pizzatyme said:

Updating through 2.1:

Zeke

Treadwell

Doctson

Coleman

Shepard Trade up to get him

Dixon

Henry

M. Thomas

Prosise

Perkins

Gates/FA Trade up to get him

Howard Trade up to get him

Fuller

2.1 Fuller

2.2 Booker 

2.3 Boyd

2.4 H. Henry

2.5 FA Marvin Jones

2.6 Carroo

2.7 Drake

2.8 FA Coates

2.9 FA J. Stewart

2.10 P. Cooper

2.11 FA Smelter

2.12 Marshall

12 Team PPR

1.1 Ezekiel Elliot

1.2 Josh Doctson

1.3 Corey Coleman

1.4 Laquon Treadwell

1.5 Kenneth Dixon

1.6 Leonte Carroo

1.7 Will Fuller

1.8 Michael Thomas

1.9 Sterling Shepard

1.10 Derrick Henry

1.11 C.J. Prosise

1.12 Tyler Boyd

2.1 Devontae Booker

2.2 Jordan Howard

2.3 Paul Perkins

2.4 Pharoh Cooper

2.5 Hunter Henry

2.6 Mike Thomas

2.7 Malcolm Mitchell

2.8 Austin Hooper

2.9 Braxton Miller

2.10 Wendell Smallwood

2.11 Kenyan Drake

2.12 Jared Goff

3.1 Tajae Sharpe

3.2 Carson Wentz

3.3 Rashard Higgins

3.4 Keith Marshall

3.5 DeAndre Washington

I was hoping to get Treadwell and it turned out beautifully.  1.5, 1.6, and 1.7 were drafted by the same person, so who knows what the actual order is.

Edited by Nero
Update through pick 3.5

4 hours ago, Rodeojones said:

Surprised to see Henry go #3 in the first league.  I couldn't get into the other two leagues.  

Yeah and the guy moved up from 1.5 to 1.3 before the draft (paid 1.5 and Teddy B). Was an odd pick. 

30 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

Yeah and the guy moved up from 1.5 to 1.3 before the draft (paid 1.5 and Teddy B). Was an odd pick. 

FWIW, someone is now trying to trade w me from 5 to 2, to get Henry, after I just acquired the 2 pick. 

5 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

FWIW, someone is now trying to trade w me from 5 to 2, to get Henry, after I just acquired the 2 pick. 

Riiiiight to get "Henry." What if Corey Coleman's middle name is Henry?! 

Wait. Just looked it up.... Defelious. His middle name is Defelious. Unbelievable

Just now, mikel2014 said:

Riiiiight to get "Henry." What if Corey Coleman's middle name is Henry?! 

Wait. Just looked it up.... Defelious. His middle name is Defelious. Unbelievable

I'm 100% not moving out of the the pick, so I couldnt care less. He tells me it's for Henry after I told him Im not going anywhere.

Everyone in our league are buddies for like 20yrs. The bull#### level is pretty low. I just had no idea Henry was going that high, and this guy is RB desperate, so I buy it

On 5/7/2016 at 11:14 PM, jeaton6 said:

Any chance to update Google doc with latest drafts or open up public access for others to do so?

Been a long weekend I got stuck working 12+ hour days but i think i have it all caught up now. Also changed permissions so anyone can add to it if they like.

14 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

I'm 100% not moving out of the the pick, so I couldnt care less. He tells me it's for Henry after I told him Im not going anywhere.

Everyone in our league are buddies for like 20yrs. The bull#### level is pretty low. I just had no idea Henry was going that high, and this guy is RB desperate, so I buy it

I got Henry at 1.10 last night. Was thrilled.

Well there was some uproar last night in another draft with guys getting their panties in a bunch because the guy who traded 1.4/Crowder for  1.3 apparently told the guy he traded with it was for Henry but then he went Treadwell. The guy called him out and others piled on saying it was morally wrong. Lmao. Like that kind of #### isn't common place in the War room and in every day business negotiations. Yeesh.

33 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

Well there was some uproar last night in another draft with guys getting their panties in a bunch because the guy who traded 1.4/Crowder for  1.3 apparently told the guy he traded with it was for Henry but then he went Treadwell. The guy called him out and others piled on saying it was morally wrong. Lmao. Like that kind of #### isn't common place in the War room and in every day business negotiations. Yeesh.

That is dirty play.  I only play in leagues with friends, and doing something dishonest like that would be grounds for removal.

But yes, if it's random people, he's an idiot for trusting him.

1 hour ago, jeaton6 said:

Ya, I know this happens, but in our league, it doesnt. Like I said... all buddies for a LONG time, and we do #### in person or via txt, and the business side fo it is pretty legit... no shenanigans beyond the usual stuff, and deals are made w a much lighter aura to them... no one has time for 6hrs of negotiations... the offers made are usually spot on, and never offensive.

But absolutely, lying in part of the "normal" fantasy game

32 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Ya, I know this happens, but in our league, it doesnt. Like I said... all buddies for a LONG time, and we do #### in person or via txt, and the business side fo it is pretty legit... no shenanigans beyond the usual stuff, and deals are made w a much lighter aura to them... no one has time for 6hrs of negotiations... the offers made are usually spot on, and never offensive.

But absolutely, lying in part of the "normal" fantasy game

Not how i operate in ffl (lie and steal) but some people have no scruples. In a home league or work where everyone knows each other I would think it's probably pretty fair, but if I'm in a league with people I don't really know then no way am I taking their word unless I've dealt with them enough to build that trust. I'm sure any future dealings with that owner and any other owner won't be very friendly.

5 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

Lame move on the guy to do that, but why would someone give up the rights to ensure they get "their guy" to move down ONE spot and acquire Crowder????  The other guy should've just told him "Henry is gonna be sitting there at 4, keep Crowder!"

Edited by eNdblu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

I'd like my draft too if I was drafting with guys who take Lynch and Hackenburg at 2.3/2.4 respectively (first two QBs off board). Oof.

What do you want from me? I was as surprised as you were. That is why I traded up for Goff although I would have traded up for Lynch if he was there when I took Goff. 

Just now, msudaisy26 said:

What do you want from me? I was as surprised as you were. That is why I traded up for Goff although I would have traded up for Lynch if he was there when I took Goff. 

Absolutely nothing.

I think Cooper and Miller were steals. Surprised to see Barber drafted before them (or at all for that matter). Should be available on WW post draft. First draft I've seen Addison taken as well, probably shouldn't have been.

2 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

Absolutely nothing.

I think Cooper and Miller were steals. Surprised to see Barber drafted before them (or at all for that matter). Should be available on WW post draft. First draft I've seen Addison taken as well, probably shouldn't have been.

I was debating between the 2. If I had know they would both be there at 3.06 3.07, I wouldn't have traded up for Goff since I had both picks. 

1 point PPR, 12 team:

http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=15092&O=17

Picks through first round:

Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments
1.01 1. Bad Motherfckers Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB (R) Mon May 9 8:13:21 a.m. ET 2016 LET'S DRAFT!
1.02 2. InstaJimmyGraham Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR (R) Mon May 9 8:17:57 a.m. ET 2016  
1.03 3. English Mother ####er, do-you-speak-it? Coleman, Corey CLE WR (R) Mon May 9 8:17:58 a.m. ET 2016 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
1.04 4. Jake Doctson, Josh WAS WR (R) Mon May 9 9:26:13 a.m. ET 2016  
1.05 5. Prof Henry, Derrick TEN RB (R) Mon May 9 11:25:02 a.m. ET 2016

1.06 6. Helmets not Optional Booker, Devontae DEN RB (R) Mon May 9 11:51:55 a.m. ET 2016  
1.07 7. Wiley Tigers Shepard, Sterling NYG WR (R) Mon May 9 1:07:19 p.m. ET 2016  
1.08 8. Cucomonga Cracka Killas Fuller, Will HOU WR (R) Mon May 9 4:03:41 p.m. ET 2016  
1.09 9. K-Town Hoyas Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB (R) Mon May 9 4:52:39 p.m. ET 2016  
1.10 10. Jaguar Blazing Prosise, C.J. SEA RB (R) Mon May 9 4:52:40 p.m. ET 2016 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
1.11 11. Wiley Tigers Thomas, Michael NOS WR (R) Mon May 9 6:25:19 p.m. ET 2016  
1.12 12. Jersey Leshoure Boyd, Tyler CIN WR (R) Mon May 9 7:50:04 p.m. ET 2016  
2.01 13. Wiley Tigers Howard, Jordan CHI RB (R) Mon May 9 8:38:10 p.m. ET 2016

4 minutes ago, az_prof said:

1 point PPR, 12 team:

1.01 1. Bad Motherfckers Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB (R) Mon May 9 8:13:21 a.m. ET 2016 LET'S DRAFT!
1.02 2. InstaJimmyGraham Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR (R) Mon May 9 8:17:57 a.m. ET 2016  
1.03 3. English Mother ####er, do-you-speak-it? Coleman, Corey CLE WR (R) Mon May 9 8:17:58 a.m. ET 2016 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.06 6. Helmets not Optional Booker, Devontae DEN RB (R) Mon May 9 11:51:55 a.m. ET 2016  
1.07 7. Wiley Tigers Shepard, Sterling NYG WR (R) Mon May 9 1:07:19 p.m. ET 2016  
1.08 8. Cucomonga Cracka Killas Fuller, Will HOU WR (R) Mon May 9 4:03:41 p.m. ET 2016  
1.10 10. Jaguar Blazing Prosise, C.J. SEA RB (R) Mon May 9 4:52:40 p.m. ET 2016 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

On a lark I looked at rosters.

Is this a start 1 WR league? Helmets not Optional drafted Devontae Booker at 1.06 while having Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Jeremy Hill and Charles Sims rostered; meanwhile his #1 WR is Brandin Cooks and his #2 WR is Stefon Diggs.

That MFL skin is pretty lol.

17 minutes ago, az_prof said:

1 point PPR, 12 team:

Let me guess.  Wiley Tigers is the king of spamming garbage offers out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

Is this a start 1 WR league? Helmets not Optional drafted Devontae Booker at 1.06 while having Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Jeremy Hill and Charles Sims rostered; meanwhile his #1 WR is Brandin Cooks and his #2 WR is Stefon Diggs.

Looked at it amazingly its 2/3/1/1 Flex and PPR.

24 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

Looked at it amazingly its 2/3/1/1 Flex and PPR.

Well in that case, hats helmets off to Helmets not Optional.

2 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

It's a flex league so we start 2-3 RB and 3-4 WRs.

1 minute ago, spider321 said:

You shoulda taken Doctson over Shepard.

Maybe...but I get the feeling he's going to be the Wes Welker to Odell Beckham's Randy Moss.  I really think Shepard is going to be immense in that West Coast offense with the role he'll have.

But time, as always, will tell.

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Maybe...but I get the feeling he's going to be the Wes Welker to Odell Beckham's Randy Moss.  I really think Shepard is going to be immense in that West Coast offense with the role he'll have.

But time, as always, will tell.

Your logic MIGHT be valid in ppr.

Your league is non-ppr.

4 minutes ago, spider321 said:

Your logic MIGHT be valid in ppr.

Your league is non-ppr.

Thanks for the info.