Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Denver724

***Official*** Post Your 2016 Rookie Draft

22 hours ago, Spike said:

Someone used to compile that data but I'm glad he doesn't do that anymore.  My reason is that everyone saw it and a great many people, when they had no freakin' clue of who to take, would just go off that list.  You were never able to hope for a player who might slide to actually do so.

LOL I am that guy every couple of years as life doesnt allow for extensive research. I basically pull up the list of all the leagues and monitor where people go every year for some simple insight.  As an example, I just landed perkins at 3.5 in z16 (I didnt need him) and lynch went 3.4 (Both slid well past their typical ADP).  I have targets for needs but the adp is good to have for the later rounds.

Edited by kylechoffman
typos

I will try and take off the no-view function guys.

Edited by Finatic
Link does not work

On 5/20/2016 at 4:25 AM, spider321 said:

Cannot access.

Try it now.

On 5/16/2016 at 10:16 AM, ThreeThousand said:

Sssshhh...this is one of my favorite 4th round sleepers.  No clear #2 in KC so a job is there for the taking.  Tack on that he was a 4th round NFL draft selection despite a reputation of being a headcase in college, and that to me screams that KC had a 1st/2nd round grade on him and was willing to take the headcase risk in the 4th.  Also like that they added Tyreek Hill the next round, which to me means they know that #2 WR is unsettled and are trying to address.

May bomb out, but at a 4th round rookie pick cost, there's virtually no downside.

I snagged him as a FA after the draft, so he might even fall out of it, depending. That said, remember that they spent a third rounder on Chris Conley last year, and I think everyone expected him to be a project. He could also emerge and take that #2 spot.

24 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

I snagged him as a FA after the draft, so he might even fall out of it, depending. That said, remember that they spent a third rounder on Chris Conley last year, and I think everyone expected him to be a project. He could also emerge and take that #2 spot.

Yeah, lots of bodies there. Conley definitely flashed last year, I think the biggest question is if he can continue to improve on beating press coverage. Seemed to get better as the year went on. Albert Wilson was not bad at all, but ran a lot of deep routes which obviously aren't Smith's thing. With a QB who can really chuck it downfield, I think he'd be fairly productive - he's not WR1 material though, which was an issue when Maclin got hurt. KC is looking for a quality WR2 who can fill Maclin's shoes if the same thing happens again. They also signed Rod Streater in addition to drafting Robinson (and Hill I guess, but I think he's mostly a ST/gadget guy). The camp battles for WR2/3 will be interesting.

On 5/14/2016 at 5:29 PM, spider321 said:

People realize Kenneth Dixon might not ever be the starter in Baltimore, right?

Dixon is pretty interesting.  

His draft position tells me that the NFL wasn't as in love as the draft community.  When a guy like this falls, I always want to take another look.  You had a lot of draft peeps saying he was their #2 back, behind Elliott.  Well, the NFL didn't feel that way, at all.  #

His position in rookie drafts says that people are completely ignoring his true NFL value, and probably overrating his opportunity.  

He was my #3, but I am concerned with the disinterest in the league. I like the offense he landed in for a RB, I don't like that we don't know when Forsett will slow down and I was really high on Allen coming out of the draft.

20 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

He was my #3, but I am concerned with the disinterest in the league. I like the offense he landed in for a RB, I don't like that we don't know when Forsett will slow down and I was really high on Allen coming out of the draft.

Super crowed in Baltimore. I wouldn't draft him and just pick him up off the WW at the end of this year when he's dropped because he didn't sniff the field this year.

10 hours ago, massraider said:

Dixon is pretty interesting.  

His draft position tells me that the NFL wasn't as in love as the draft community.  When a guy like this falls, I always want to take another look.  You had a lot of draft peeps saying he was their #2 back, behind Elliott.  Well, the NFL didn't feel that way, at all.  #

His position in rookie drafts says that people are completely ignoring his true NFL value, and probably overrating his opportunity.  

Lamar Miller fell out of favor with GMs too.

Ajayi too...

FFPC draft- PPR w/ TE Premium. 7 round rookie/fa draft just completed: * my picks

Round 1: Elliott, Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, Henry, Dixon, Shepard *, Prosise, Michael Thomas, Fuller, Boyd, Perkins

Round 2: Booker, Henry, Drake, Hooper, Keith Marshall, Howard, Carroo *, Jonathan Williams, Wheaton, Washington, Jared Cook *, Smallwood

Round 3: Mitchell, Coates, Ervin, Tye, Miller, Rashad Jennings, Higbee, Goff, Hogan, Ferguson, Lasco, Pharoh Cooper

Round 4: Collins, Sanu, Powell, VJax, Mike Thomas, Starks, Vereen, HOU D, Wright, Wallace, Watson, Paxton Lynch

Round 5: Ware, Cousins, Tannehill, Toussaint, Jarell Adams, Spiller, Rivers *, Heuerman, Vannett, Amaro, Willson, Keyarris Garrett

Round 6: Woods, Britt, GB D, Cunningham, Romo, Randle, Niles Paul *, Roger Lewis, Bridgewater, Watson, Donnell, Duarte

Round 7: Roberts, Albert Wilson, Cutler, RGIII, Latimer, Pruitt, Peake *, Wentz, Devin Smith, Mike Davis, Quick, Sharpe

First of two drafts in progress. First one is a 12 Team, 40 player TE Premium ppr, start 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1TE/WR, light IDPs. 

In progress will update periodically.

1.01 Ezekiel Elliot
1.02 Josh Doctson
1.03 Laquan Treadwell
1.04 Corey Coleman
1.05 Sterling Shepard
1.06 Michael Thomas
1.07 Tyler Boyd
1.08 Jared Goff
1.09 Kennith Dixon
1.10 Derrick Henry
1.11 Devontae Booker
1.12 Jordan Howard (I traded back from 1.12 to the 2.03+2.04)

--

2.01 Sammie Coates :X
2.02 CJ Prosise
*2.03 Hunter Henry
*2.04 Austin Hooper
2.05 Pharoh Cooper
2.06 Will Fuller
2.07 Leontee Carroo
2.08 Myles Jack
2.09 Carson Wentz
2.10 Malcom Mitchell
2.11 Kenyan Drake
2.12 Paxton Lynch

--

3.01 Paul Perkins
3.02 Keith Marshall
3.03 Tyler Higbee
*3.04 Wendell Smallwood
3.05 Vernon Hargreaves
*3.06 Braxton Miller
3.07 Mike Thomas (LA)
3.08 Jaylen Ramsey
3.09 Keyarris Garret
3.10 Darron Lee
3.11 De'Anthony Thomas
3.12 Cardale Jones

--

*4.01 DeAndre Washington
4.02 Jonathan Williams
*4.03 Moritz Boehringer
4.04 Alex Collins
4.05 Tyler Ervin
*4.06 Ricardo Louis
4.07 Rashard Higgins
4.08 Jaylon Smith
4.09 Joey Bosa
4.10 Jerrell Adams
4.11 Bryce Wiliams
4.12 Tajae Sharp

--

*5.01 S'ua Cravens
5.02 Josh Ferguson
*5.03 DeForest Buckner
5.04 Robert Aguayo
5.05 Vance Mcdonald
*5.06 Reggie Ragland
5.07 Harrison Smith
5.08 Karl Joseph
5.09 Johnny Utah
5.10 Charone Peake
5.11 Cam Hayward
5.12 Daniel Lasco

Edited by Run It Up

1 hour ago, Run It Up said:

First of two drafts in progress. First one is a 12 Team, 40 player TE Premium ppr, start 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1TE/WR, light IDPs. 

Hide contents

1.01 Ezekiel Elliot
1.02 Josh Doctson
1.03 Laquan Treadwell
1.04 Corey Coleman
1.05 Sterling Shepard
1.06 Michael Thomas
1.07 Tyler Boyd
1.08 Jared Goff
1.09 Kennith Dixon
1.10 Derrick Henry
1.11 Devontae Booker

--

2.02 CJ Prosise
*2.03 Hunter Henry
*2.04 Austin Hooper
2.05 Pharoh Cooper
2.06 Will Fuller

I'd rather take my chances with Higbee over Hooper, and Henry too for that matter. Sure, he might go to jail and never play a down, but if he plays I think he will be a star.

10 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

I'd rather take my chances with Higbee over Hooper, and Henry too for that matter. Sure, he might go to jail and never play a down, but if he plays I think he will be a star.

you mean at their ADP or like, at any point? Both are bad, just wondering which bad you're talking about

12 hours ago, Run It Up said:

Hide contents

1.01 Ezekiel Elliot
1.02 Josh Doctson
1.03 Laquan Treadwell
1.04 Corey Coleman
1.05 Sterling Shepard
1.06 Michael Thomas
1.07 Tyler Boyd
1.08 Jared Goff
1.09 Kennith Dixon
1.10 Derrick Henry
1.11 Devontae Booker

--

2.02 CJ Prosise
*2.03 Hunter Henry
*2.04 Austin Hooper
2.05 Pharoh Cooper
2.06 Will Fuller

caroo, jack, wentz, mitchell

This is a 12 team where we start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF (NO FLEX) Contract Dynasty League.

1 pt PPR for WRs and TEs only - (NO PPR for RB)

First Round Selection
1 Slippery When Wet (from Pokeher Face) Ezekial Elliott
2 Shocker (via Newcastle, From Ambergeddon) Corey Coleman
3 The Shocker Derrick Henry
4 Beaver Liquors Laquon Treadwell
5 Pokeher Face (from Slippery When Wet via Straight Cash) Devontae Booker
6 Pokeher Face (from Slippery When Wet) Josh Doctson
7 Straight Cash - Homie (via Big Slick) Sterling Shepard
8 Jaeger Bombs Kenneth Dixon
9 Bros B4 Hoes Wendell Smallwood
10 Milw Best (via Straight Cash via SWW From Tig) Paul Perkins
11 Max Liquidate Michael Thomas (Saints)
12 Newcastle   CJ Prosise
13 COMPENSITORY - Milwaukee's Best Jonathan Williams
Second Round  
14 Pokeher Face Kenyan Drake
15 Straight Cash - Homie (from Milwaukee's Best) Jordan Howard
16 Milw Best (from The Shocker) DeAndre Washington
17 Beaver Liquors Keith Marshall
18 Pokeher Face (from Straight Cash) Sammie Coates
19 NEWCASTLE ( from Shocker, via Tig Ol Bitties from Slippery) Leonte Caroo
20 Big Slick Tyler Boyd
21 Milw Best (via Slippery When Wet from Jaeger) Mike Thomas (Rams)
22 Bros B4 Hoes Will Fuller 
23 Tig Ol Bitties   Alex Collins
24 Max Liquidate Rashad Jennings
25 Tig Ol ( from Shocker via Newcastle) Jeff Janis
26 COMPENSITORY - Milwaukee's Best Rashard Higgins

First draft finished, second will start tomorrow.

12 team 40 man rosters, TE premium ppr, start 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, 1TE/WR, light IDPs

1.01 Ezekiel Elliot
1.02 Josh Doctson
1.03 Laquan Treadwell
1.04 Corey Coleman
1.05 Sterling Shepard
1.06 Michael Thomas
1.07 Tyler Boyd
1.08 Jared Goff
1.09 Kennith Dixon
1.10 Derrick Henry
1.11 Devontae Booker

--

2.02 CJ Prosise
*2.03 Hunter Henry
*2.04 Austin Hooper
2.05 Pharoh Cooper
2.06 Will Fuller
2.07 Leontee Carroo
2.08 Myles Jack
2.09 Carson Wentz
2.10 Malcom Mitchell
2.11 Kenyan Drake
2.12 Paxton Lynch

--

3.01 Paul Perkins
3.02 Keith Marshall
3.03 Tyler Higbee
*3.04 Wendell Smallwood
3.05 Vernon Hargreaves
*3.06 Braxton Miller
3.07 Mike Thomas (LA)
3.08 Jaylen Ramsey
3.09 Keyarris Garret
3.10 Darron Lee
3.11 De'Anthony Thomas
3.12 Cardale Jones

--

*4.01 DeAndre Washington
4.02 Jonathan Williams
*4.03 Moritz Boehringer
4.04 Alex Collins
4.05 Tyler Ervin
*4.06 Ricardo Louis
4.07 Rashard Higgins
4.08 Jaylon Smith
4.09 Joey Bosa
4.10 Jerrell Adams
4.11 Bryce Wiliams
4.12 Tajae Sharp

--

*5.01 S'ua Cravens
5.02 Josh Ferguson
*5.03 DeForest Buckner
5.04 Robert Aguayo
5.05 Vance Mcdonald
*5.06 Reggie Ragland
5.07 Harrison Smith
5.08 Karl Joseph
5.09 Johnny Utah
5.10 Charone Peake
5.11 Cam Hayward
5.12 Daniel Lasco

Edited by Run It Up

Huge on Carroo, not liking that hes gonna have to wait forever in fantasy terms. Feel like I can't draft him.

2nd Finished

12 team, 30 player rosters, TE premium ppr, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4FLX (RB/WR/TE)

1.01 Ezekiel Elliot
*1.02 Laquan Treadwell
*1.03 Josh Doctson
1.04 Corey Coleman
1.05 Will Fuller
1.06 Derrick Henry
1.07 Sterling Shepard
1.08 Michael Thomas
1.09 Tyler Boyd
1.10 Hunter Henry
1.11 Kenneth Dixon
1.12 Leonte Carroo

--

2.01 Jordan Howard
2.02 Jared Goff
2.03 Paul Perkins
2.04 CJ Prosise
2.05 Paxton Lynch
2.06 Devontae Booker
2.07 Malcom Mitchell
2.08 Kenyan Drake
2.09 Austin Hooper
2.10 Jonathan Williams
2.11 Tyler Higbee 
2.12 Braxton Miller

--

3.01 Kenny Lawler
*3.02 Keith Marshall
*3.03 Mike Thomas
*3.04 Carson Wentz
3.05 Tyler Ervin
3.06 Pharaoh Cooper
3.07 Alex Collins
3.08 Cardale Jones
3.09 Moritz Boehringer
3.10 Wendall Smallwood
3.11 Keyarris Garret
3.12 Tajae Sharp

--

4.01 Chris Moore
4.02 Josh Ferguson
*4.03 DeAndre Washington
*4.04 Ricardo Louis
4.05 Demarcus Robinson
4.06 Jerrell Adams
4.07 Rashard Higgins
4.08 Marquez North
4.09 DJ Foster
*4.10 Jordan Payton
4.11 Trevor Davis
4.12 Charone Peake

On June 1, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Run It Up said:

Huge on Carroo, not liking that hes gonna have to wait forever in fantasy terms. Feel like I can't draft him.

On June 1, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Run It Up said:

I understand that thought process but I feel like I have always ended up better going for talent over situation. Who knows....maybe Miami does not resign Landry. Maybe Parker never meets expectations. Maybe an injury occurs. Water tends to find its level and to me Caroo is my favorite receiver in this class.

Anyone want to help with my soon to start 10 team dynasty rookie draft?  I have 6 of the top 14 picks due to various trades the past year and a half.  Should start today or tomorrow.  I already have my hopeful picks at each of the #1, 4, 9, 11, 12, and 14 - but any other viewpoints could be helpful. 

1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Anyone want to help with my soon to start 10 team dynasty rookie draft?  I have 6 of the top 14 picks due to various trades the past year and a half.  Should start today or tomorrow.  I already have my hopeful picks at each of the #1, 4, 9, 11, 12, and 14 - but any other viewpoints could be helpful. 

Not trying to sound snide, but that's kind of the point of this thread.  The "help" is here for the taking if you look at the pattern of where guys are getting drafted.  That will help you gauge a value for the players, then you are able to decide which pick to use on certain players.  For instance I keep seeing a guy like Tyler Boyd going in the 7-10 range.  He was there at 16 in my draft so I scooped him up.  If you happen to see value like that in your draft, even if you had no intentions of drafting the guy, it may change your mind.  

Assuming you make all of those picks and don't trade any, you should be able to put together a nice draft.  If I were in your position, I probably go RB with the first 2 picks, then WR with the next 2, then maybe QB and TE with the final 2.  I'm basing that on the pattern of the drafts I have seen go down, and assuming you are not completely stacked at any one position already.  Good Luck

At the 4 I'm not going rb with Treadwell/Doctson/Coleman on the board. There isn't a 2nd rb I would take over the top 7 WRs of this class.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jmo87usc said:

Not trying to sound snide, but that's kind of the point of this thread.  The "help" is here for the taking if you look at the pattern of where guys are getting drafted.  That will help you gauge a value for the players, then you are able to decide which pick to use on certain players.  For instance I keep seeing a guy like Tyler Boyd going in the 7-10 range.  He was there at 16 in my draft so I scooped him up.  If you happen to see value like that in your draft, even if you had no intentions of drafting the guy, it may change your mind.  

Assuming you make all of those picks and don't trade any, you should be able to put together a nice draft.  If I were in your position, I probably go RB with the first 2 picks, then WR with the next 2, then maybe QB and TE with the final 2.  I'm basing that on the pattern of the drafts I have seen go down, and assuming you are not completely stacked at any one position already.  Good Luck

I think I already know who I want at each pick, and no way I go RB at the #4 pick.  Just was letting anyone who's interested know that I'm about to start a draft here soon.

Anyway, my perfect draft would be Zeke at #1, whoevers left of Tread/Doctson/Coleman at #4 (splitting hairs between then if more than 1 is available), hoping that one of Henry or Dixon falls but at least Booker at 9 with Michael Thomas as an ultimate fallback, possible Thomas or Booker still on board at 11 and 12 with fallback of CJ Prosise, with any of the above listed and Paul Perkins at 14.

Would love to leave draft table with Elliott, Doctson, Dixon, Booker, Prosise, and Perkins.  It's a 10 teamer, start only 1 QB so the QBs will likely all be there in the late 2nd.  Oh, and I'm high on Prosise because I have Rawls. 

2 hours ago, Run It Up said:

At the 4 I'm not going rb with Treadwell/Doctson/Coleman on the board. There isn't a 2nd rb I would take over the top 7 WRs of this class.

Understandable and goes along with the consensus, so no argument from me.  If he doesn't plan on making all 6 picks I would agree with WR at 4 overall.  I just don't like any of the RBs other than Elliott, Henry and maybe Dixon as 1st round picks.  I would rather grab 2 of Fuller, Thomas, Boyd as late ones and use an earlier one on Henry, than draft Doctson early and waste 1st rounders on 4th round RBs in timeshares.  Again, this strategy only applies if making all 6 picks.  I don't see a huge difference in value between Henry and Doctson in a 10 team league.  In fact, Henry might be more valuable.  But I understand I'm in the minority.

Interesting to see where those TE went in the TE premium drafts run it up. Jerrell Adams was the 4th TE drafted in both. I had not really considered him.

11 hours ago, matttyl said:

I think I already know who I want at each pick, and no way I go RB at the #4 pick.  Just was letting anyone who's interested know that I'm about to start a draft here soon.

Anyway, my perfect draft would be Zeke at #1, whoevers left of Tread/Doctson/Coleman at #4 (splitting hairs between then if more than 1 is available), hoping that one of Henry or Dixon falls but at least Booker at 9 with Michael Thomas as an ultimate fallback, possible Thomas or Booker still on board at 11 and 12 with fallback of CJ Prosise, with any of the above listed and Paul Perkins at 14.

Would love to leave draft table with Elliott, Doctson, Dixon, Booker, Prosise, and Perkins.  It's a 10 teamer, start only 1 QB so the QBs will likely all be there in the late 2nd.  Oh, and I'm high on Prosise because I have Rawls. 

How many roster spots do you have free to carry rookies?

I would likely try to trade off some of those picks for 2017 picks if possible. Or for veteran players. You control so many picks, you can trade down and still somewhat control the flow of the draft. Or you could try offering picks to move up into the top 5 for a 3rd solid prospect.

Kind of hard for me to imagine you wanting to keep all these picks. Not a very good draft for doing that.

9 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Interesting to see where those TE went in the TE premium drafts run it up. Jerrell Adams was the 4th TE drafted in both. I had not really considered him.

I went Vannett and DeValve over Adams late in my draft, but I can see the case for Adams as well because the Giants have a fairly TE friendly offense.

Vannett has been getting some positive buzz for the Seahawks and went in the 3rd round. He was primarily known as a pass-catching TE at OSU, but due to OSU's offense not throwing to the TE much, he got the reputation through the draft process as more of a run-blocker. But he's a big, decently athletic guy with great hands. Have to have deep rosters (this particular league has 29-man rosters with no kickers or IDP) and some patience though, because Graham probably has a couple years left. Same with DeValve who is a project and will have to wait his turn behind Barnidge. 

Been hearing a lot of buzz about the kid the Cards took. But Arians and the Cardinals in general have not been ones to use TEs much.

I still think Hooper is the guy this year and if he continues to go in the 2nd, I think he's being under drafted.

12 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

Been hearing a lot of buzz about the kid the Cards took. But Arians and the Cardinals in general have not been ones to use TEs much.

I still think Hooper is the guy this year and if he continues to go in the 2nd, I think he's being under drafted.

I have Hunter and Hooper as neck and neck. Higbee is a tier below those two guys. I haven't put much time in looking at any of the other TE from this draft class.

So as I mentioned earlier, my draft started yesterday and I had 6 of the first 14 picks.  Well, I'm on the clock now (no real time limit) with 4 of the next 6 picks.  Happy to hear some back and forth (we've had some already) about any strategy I should impose with this situation.  We're at the 9 pick now, and I have 9, 11, 12 and 14.  Attempted to trade for the 8 (to get Henry) but was shot down.  First 8 of the board (with mine bolded) were Elliott, Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, Thomas, Shepard, CJ Prosise, and Henry who I tried to take.

Thinking about Dixon here at 9, and hope that Booker is there at 11, with Boyd as a backup?  The only offers I've got are pretty weak at this point.  We can store rookies on our "practice squad" for their first year, and they don't take up a spot on the 31 man (IDP) roster. 

10 team, start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, 1 te, 1 k, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db

Luck, Tannehill

Elliott, Lacy, Ingram, Rawls, Ivory

Cooper, Watkins, Allen, Floyd, K White, J Gordon, Doctson

Kelce, Reed, Ebron, Fleener

above average IDPs

3 hours ago, matttyl said:

So as I mentioned earlier, my draft started yesterday and I had 6 of the first 14 picks.  Well, I'm on the clock now (no real time limit) with 4 of the next 6 picks.  Happy to hear some back and forth (we've had some already) about any strategy I should impose with this situation.  We're at the 9 pick now, and I have 9, 11, 12 and 14.  Attempted to trade for the 8 (to get Henry) but was shot down.  First 8 of the board (with mine bolded) were Elliott, Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, Thomas, Shepard, CJ Prosise, and Henry who I tried to take.

Thinking about Dixon here at 9, and hope that Booker is there at 11, with Boyd as a backup?  The only offers I've got are pretty weak at this point.  We can store rookies on our "practice squad" for their first year, and they don't take up a spot on the 31 man (IDP) roster. 

10 team, start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, 1 te, 1 k, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db

Luck, Tannehill

Elliott, Lacy, Ingram, Rawls, Ivory

Cooper, Watkins, Allen, Floyd, K White, J Gordon, Doctson

Kelce, Reed, Ebron, Fleener

above average IDPs

any interest in the 1.09? its kind of a dead zone, if you can gfet any value moving it, its prolly gonna be worth more than any of the guys right at the 9, considering you have the 11 and 12

you will for sure get one of the 3 you mentioned at the 11 if you want them, and there are players like carroo, and perkins you can get at 12 and 14

Edited by Pwingles

Just now, Pwingles said:

any interest in the 1.09? its kind of a dead zone, if you can gfet any value moving it, its prolly gonna be worth more than any of the guys right at the 9, considering you have the 11 and 12

Not any to speak of.  I went ahead and took Dixon with the 9, but made an offer of the 12 and a 3rd rounder (which would make my roster too big) I have to get the 10, where I'd take Booker.  Or maybe the guy at 10 drafts a player other than Booker.  At this point, Booker, Perkins, Boyd and Fuller are my next 4 players.  Hoping to land 3 of them with the 11, 12 and 14.

Just now, matttyl said:

Not any to speak of.  I went ahead and took Dixon with the 9, but made an offer of the 12 and a 3rd rounder (which would make my roster too big) I have to get the 10, where I'd take Booker.  Or maybe the guy at 10 drafts a player other than Booker.  At this point, Booker, Perkins, Boyd and Fuller are my next 4 players.  Hoping to land 3 of them with the 11, 12 and 14.

im pretty sure you will be able to, minus boyd or fuller, they seem to be going in that range

• Like 1

Yeah, what I feared would happen just did.  Booker went 10th.  So I've got the 11, 12 and 14.

Draft went like this, with mine bolded....

Elliott, Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, Thomas, Shepard, CJ Prosise, Henry, Dixon, Booker.  I'm thinking Fuller, Boyd, Perkins, Carroo, Howard, Henry and maybe a QB are my options over these next few picks.

I listed Henry in there as one of my potentials.  Already having Reed, Kelce, Ebron and Fleener - TE really isn't a huge need for me.  Jack could be my pick, too. 

42 minutes ago, spider321 said:

IDP's are a dime a dozen unless your league starts too many or scores them too highly.

That's kinda what I'm thinking.  It's a 10 team league, start 2 LBs and I have LEvy, Sean Lee, Burfict, Marc Barron (now a SLB) and Preston Brown - with some decent enough options still available on the wire if needed.  I'm very thin at DL, though (after JJ Watt :-)

On June 7, 2016 at 0:10 AM, Run It Up said:

Cardinals didn't draft a TE. You talking about an undrafted guy?

I like Hooper in round 2 and have taken him there myself, but I still think Henry is the better target.

On Hooper vs. Henry, I personally can't get over the fact that HH went 35th and Hooper lasted all the way until 81st when valuing the two. That's a pretty huge gap in draft position and in recent years, the track record for those parts of the draft differ immensely.

All of the TEs taken in the top 40 of the past 5 drafts:

Hunter Henry (35)

Eric Ebron (10)

Austin Seferian-Jenkins (38)

Tyler Eifer (21)

Zach Ertz (35)

Coby Fleener (34)

All of those guys are still worth at least a 2nd round rookie pick. There's not a single fantasy bust in the bunch (though Ebron hasn't lived up to the top 10 hype) and you're looking at a 100% hit rate for the small sample. 

All of the TEs taken in the 70-100 range of the past 5 drafts:

Austin Hooper (81)

Tyler Kroft (85)

Jeff Heuerman (92)

Richard Rodgers (98)

Crockett Gilmore (99)

Jordan Reed (85)

Michael Agnew (78)

Only Reed has any real fantasy value out of that group for a hit rate of less than 20%

1 hour ago, spider321 said:

IDP's are a dime a dozen unless your league starts too many or scores them too highly.

So there's no point in playing IDP? :kicksrock:

5 hours ago, matttyl said:

That's kinda what I'm thinking.  It's a 10 team league, start 2 LBs and I have LEvy, Sean Lee, Burfict, Marc Barron (now a SLB) and Preston Brown - with some decent enough options still available on the wire if needed.  I'm very thin at DL, though (after JJ Watt :-)

Yeah, don't waste a pick on one.

4 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

So there's no point in playing IDP? :kicksrock:

I never said that.  Personally, I like IDP leagues, just not ones where they matter as much as your WR's and RB's.

On Tuesday, June 07, 2016 at 0:24 AM, Biabreakable said:

I have Hunter and Hooper as neck and neck. Higbee is a tier below those two guys. I haven't put much time in looking at any of the other TE from this draft class.

I solved the problem of which one to pick and took all three in my 3 Rd 26-man roster dynasty offensive rookie only draft. Henry at 2.01 and the other two at 3.06 and 3.07. Have only Jimmy graham on my roster currently. Was fortunate to have 5 picks this year.

Edited by jeremyx13