What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 SSL2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/37735#0

New for MFL in 2016 is a global login which you'll have to set up a new account for.  Once that's done, log in as commish to this league to link your franchise by adding your e-mail.  Password is fbgssl2.

Here's the draft order, but do not start drafting until League 1 clears round 1.

Jeaton

Waiting On Jeaton For The Next Pick

FUBAR

Tex

dpeease

Busman

Crippler

Rudy

Stephan Holloway

Comet

ryheaps 2 

krsone21

Old Milwaukee

Bicycle Seat Sniffer

Shadowfax

BroadwayG

Sweet Love

The instructions provided are not user friendly at MFL. I went to the Mock Draft Forum and located some guidance provided by Ruffrody. If you have an account already set up, log into your account first. Then temporarily become the Commissioner using the fbgssl2 password. After that click "For Commissioners" and then select Set-up from the pulldown menu.  Then select franchise set-up and select your franchise. Enter your email and reset your password. Once that is completed, give up Commissioner status and you should have access to your team with your login.

If some of the above is not clear, send me a PM and I'll try to assist.

Guys I'm going to declare my pick now because I'm in China and will be swamped at work today with little to no time to Check in on SSL1 to see if they finally clear round 1 today. They seem to be stuck on a pick now for nearly 8 hours.

When they clear round 1 if someone can enter Antonio Brown for me I'd appreciate it. Don't want to hold the draft up.

Thanks.

Guys I'm going to declare my pick now because I'm in China and will be swamped at work today with little to no time to Check in on SSL1 to see if they finally clear round 1 today. They seem to be stuck on a pick now for nearly 8 hours.

When they clear round 1 if someone can enter Antonio Brown for me I'd appreciate it. Don't want to hold the draft up.

Thanks.
I pre selected too (OBJ), so when ssl1 clears anyone can enter jeaton's pick and tex will be otc.

I think I was able to do it, but I am not sure whether I was able to relinquish control of Commish.  Is there a way to check?

I somehow linked my franchise to the commissioner. /shrug

1.04 Julio Jones WR ATL

* sent PM to Busman

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I had no notification I was bumped up and had been waiting for SSL 3 thread.

Thank you to jeaton and krsone for the PMs or I would have never picked.

I'll assume everyone is receiving email notifications unless asked for a PM.

by everyone I mostly mean Jeaton and Tex.

ETA: no need to PM me.

:rant:   was hoping Doug Martin would fall one more pick.  But Brandin Cooks is a decent enough consolation prize.  At that pick, with three TEs I liked, I knew one would drop so the pick was between Cooks or Marshall.  I have Marshall in PDSL and the QB situation sucks right now so Cooks became the easy pick.  Out of the three TEs I wanted Olsen first, so that worked out well. 

QB:

RB:

WR:  OBJ, Cooks

TE: Olsen

PK:

D:

Ok I was at work and had no idea I would time out, but I'll take Delanie Walker with my 3rd pick. Thanks

Sorry guys.....Had a guy get seriously hurt on the job today.   Been very busy.

If someone could put in Melvin Gordon that would be appreciated.

Gotta run.....

QB:

RB: L Murray

WR:  OBJ, Cooks, Crabtree 

TE: Olsen

PK:

D:
Was not planning to take two raiders here but it just kind of happened.  I don't like Murray as my top rb but I do really like this receiver group. 

Is anyone else having problems getting on the MFL site for this league. I keep getting this message:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /2016/home/37735.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

I have tried my other MFL leagues and have had no problem.

Is anyone else having problems getting on the MFL site for this league. I keep getting this message:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /2016/home/37735.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

I have tried my other MFL leagues and have had no problem.
Same issue in league 1.

My team so far:

[-]KRSONE21

PLAYER

2015 YTD PTS

BYE

Ajayi, Jay MIA RB

Johnson, David ARI RB

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR (P)

-

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR

-

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR

Ertz, Zach PHI TE

6 TOTAL PLAYERS

I like the start so far. Some questions for sure. For example will Ajayi step up? If he does then I have a chance of making some noise. Going back to before last seasons rookie drafts I was a big fan of both David Johnson and Ajayi and if both play up to the ability I believe they are capable of I think I can have a very good starting two RB's.

Benjamin is also coming back from a ACL tear. If he can come even close to what he did his rookie season I will be excited. Watkins played amazeballs weeks 12-17 last season. If he comes out of the gate playing that way he could put up some great points. I believe that Treadwell will become the Vikings #1 receiver sooner rather then later. 

Really happy to get Ertz at the TE position. He can put up some huge scoring weeks. He does have the occasionsl stinker week so hopefully I can pair him up with someone who can cover those couple of stinker weeks.

I have some work today yet but if I put the right players around this core of players I have a shot of going far.

I don't like my team but think I like it over krsone

Rb of bell-Hill I really like and better

WR of Landry-Sanders-Perriman is just okay and behind 

TE of Kelce is good and better

So while not as happy as pdsl2 team, I like slightly over krsoneRb after 6

I don't like my team but think I like it over krsone

Rb of bell-Hill I really like and better

WR of Landry-Sanders-Perriman is just okay and behind 

TE of Kelce is good and better

So while not as happy as pdsl2 team, I like slightly over krsoneRb after 6
As long as Bell can stay healthy I like your RB's more as well. I fully admit I'm putting a bit amount of faith in Ajayi and if he doesn't perform where I think he is capable of it will hurt my team for sure.

I like my WR's better as well.

I think our TE's are about even stevens to be honest.

Even with me liking my WR's better then yours I still give your team an edge over mine because of the RB's.  :thumbup:

Team Holloway through seven rounds

QB - Drew Brees (5) and Tom Brady (9)

RB - Eddie Lacy (4) and Duke Johnson (13)

WR - Dez Bryant (7), D. Thomas (11) and L. Fitzgerald (9)

TE -

PK -

DST -

Very strong quarterback position and very strong wide receiver first three. Running back counting on solid come-back season for Lacy and lots of catches for Duke Johnson.

Team Holloway through seven rounds

RB - Eddie Lacy (4) and Duke Johnson (13)

TE -

PK -

DST -

Very strong quarterback position and very strong wide receiver first three. Running back counting on solid come-back season for Lacy and lots of catches for Duke Johnson.
The 2 top qb plan is interesting.  They score the most so I get the logic and actually thought about adding rivers to Eli but decided the possible extra points in Eli's down weeks didn't make up for the loss in rb2.  Your TE will either make or break your team I think. 

BroadwayG

Player

2015 YTD Pts

Bye

Palmer, Carson ARI QB

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Forte, Matt NYJ RB

Evans, Mike TBB WR (P)

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR (P)

-

Tate, Golden DET WR

Allen, Dwayne IND TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

With picks one off the turn, I didn't want to get caught with my pants down at QB2 and TE2 like I did in the PDSL so went a little earlier than ideal with Allen and Stafford.  Going to pay a pretty price in WR depth and at RB.   I really like what I have so far, but it will be a huge dip in talent (100 picks) before I go back to addressing RB/WR.

Aren't we on an 8 hour clock? How did I time out? I was skipped 5 hours into my clock?
4 hour clock after the first round.  (I didn't skip you but Bass had posted that earlier).

I has been wondering when Josh Gordon would be taken.  Came close myself but figured I'd play it safe.  by drafting a rookie RB who's backing up a former pro-bowler :oldunsure:

But your quote from Bass doesn't say anything about 4 hour clock after first round? Was that somewhere else? 

Just surprised because traditionally has been 8 hour clock and I literally checked 10 times over past day and a half and draft was moving like molasses. Recognize some MFL issues but still.

Anyways moving on.

But your quote from Bass doesn't say anything about 4 hour clock after first round? Was that somewhere else? 

Just surprised because traditionally has been 8 hour clock and I literally checked 10 times over past day and a half and draft was moving like molasses. Recognize some MFL issues but still.

Anyways moving on.
The clock was off for Mother's Day so that is why it probably seemed to be moving so slow the past day and a half.

Team Holloway through nine rounds

RB - Eddie Lacy (4), Duke Johnson (13) and T. Riddick (10)

TE - C. Walford (10)

PK -

DST -

Added Riddick, another high reception guy and with Calvin gone, could see targets climb and a hopeful tight end candidate.

15 of our 16 teams have either 2 or 3 running backs and it is almost evenly split. The other team has 6. 

Wasn't planning on taking another receiver but when Perkins went, coates became the easy pick.  So now, between OBJ, Cooks, Crabtree, ginn and Coates I really like the group.  All 5 have good qbs to toss the rock, first three should do well in ppr while the other two are big play guys. 

Team Sniffer:

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Devonta Freeman, Frank Gore, Chris Ivory

WR - Alshon Jeffery, Michael Floyd, Marvin Jones, Terrence Williams, Jermaine Kearse

TE - Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham

DEF - Arizona

:football:

Looks like Crippler and Rudy were skipped putting Holloway OTC. Then a replacement pick was made for Crippler - I'm assuming by Crippler.

Holloway has now since picked and the draft has Comet OTC.

But why was Rudy skipped? Did Crippler do this in error?

Apologies for all the misses. Unfortunately I live in China and the last 3 to 4 turns have been in the middle of the night for me.

Looks like Crippler and Rudy were skipped putting Holloway OTC. Then a replacement pick was made for Crippler - I'm assuming by Crippler.

Holloway has now since picked and the draft has Comet OTC.

But why was Rudy skipped? Did Crippler do this in error?
Nope. Both of us got skipped. I just went in and made my replacement. So done before I picked

Apologies for picking out of order, but I got an email that told me I was up, so I just went and made the selection without noticing that people were skipped.

Final Team Holloway

QB - Brees (5.08)(5) and Brady (6.09)(9) - Dynamic duo at quarterback, particularly if Brady again avoids suspension. Even so, I suspect that Brees will do well enough in the first four weeks while Brady is potential missing to keep me alive till Brady returns. No bye week issues, just the possible suspension which if it happens hopefully will be the first four weeks of the season.

RB - Lacy (3.08)(4), Duke Johnson (7.8)(13), Riddick (8.9)(10) and C.J. Spiller (16.9)(5)

I like Lacy to play much better than a year ago and really like my next two drafted relatively late to be main bogs in their team's passing games and also get some rushes. C.J. Spiller is much more talented than he showed a year ago. I am hoping that either he was injured or just had issues taking in the offensive game plan or a combination of both. He also is a good receiver (until last year). Better group than I expected waiting as late to draft them. No bye week issues.

WR - Dez Bryant (1.8)(7), D. Thomas (2.9)(11), Fitzgerald (4.9)(9), Wallace (10.9)(8) and B. Coleman (17.8)(5)

I have never gone with just five guys here and strongly considered adding another in the final round. I really, really am glad I got the first three. So I need all my WRs to stay healthy and just get two to three weeks of scoring from Wallace, who seems to be a good fit for Flacco and Coleman, who has not shown much progress but should at least get targets in a great passing offense. I am much more bullish on Thomas than most and expect him to outperform his draft position. I am counting on Dez Bryant being healthy from the first game and also that Romo can stay on the field. I am also higher on Fitzgerald than most.

TE - Walford (9.8)(10), Amaro (15.8)(11) and Higbee (18.9)(8)

Very weak here and forced me to add Higbee in the final round, even after needing another wide receiver body. Walford should get chances in an up and coming offense, but Amaro is probably down to his last chance and we still don't know for sure who his QB will be. Higbee is a talented pass catcher, but he is a rookie and rookies do not usually play well in their initial NFL season. No bye week issues, but really need some brother-in-law scoring by this bottom tier group.

PK - Hauschka (11.8)(5) and Graham (12.9)(7)

Spent a lot of draft capital here and if I don't gain an advantage on most weeks, I lost the gamble. No bye week issues and early byes at that.

DST - Eagles (13.8)(4) and Raiders (14.9)(10)

Two defenses that I like to improve from last year, but not nearly a strong point for my squad.

Good luck to everyone and look forward to running commentaries all season long.

PLAYER

2015 YTD PTS

BYE

DRAFTED

Dalton, Andy CIN QB

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Ajayi, Jay MIA RB

Foster, Arian FA* RB (Q)

-

Johnson, David ARI RB

Washington, DeAndre OAK RB

-

Williams, Karlos BUF RB (P)

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR (P)

-

Boldin, Anquan FA WR

-

Fuller, Will HOU WR

-

Johnson, Stevie SDC WR (P)

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR

-

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR

Ertz, Zach PHI TE

Watson, Ben BAL TE

Bailey, Dan DAL PK

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def

Jets, New York NYJ Def

Here is my team for better or for worse.

QB: I have an above average QB duo. I should be able to get a good score most weeks with Dalton and Ryan.

RB: This group is a BIG question mark. I need a lot of things to break right at the RB position. I need Johnson to do what he did last year and hopefully be even better. I need Ajayi to get the starting gig in Miami. I need Foster to be signed and hopefully get a decent chunk of touches. Washington catches the ball really good out of the backfield so hopefully he will get on the field often. The Raiders haven't been enamored with Murray so who knows maybe he will see more and more touches as the season goes along. I don't know what to expect with Williams because he has McCoy in front of him.

WR: I like my WR unit. I think it may be my better unit. If Benjamin can do at least what he did his rookie year I will be excited. Watkins was putting up great numbers at the end of last season, hopefully he starts the season out hot. I think Treadwell will be WR1 in Minnesota on day one. Fuller will have his ups and downs. But I can see Fuller having some huge games. Johnson will give me a few good games throughout the season. Lastly I need Boldin so sign somewhere juicy where he can see a decent amount of targets.

TE: I like this group. I think between Ertz and Watson I will see a good score most weeks at the TE position.

PK: I went with one PK because I wanted another lottery ticket at the RB position. Bailey will be top 7 for PK's IMO. I will take a donut week 7 but its a fairly early bye week and I only have one other person on bye that week so if I get that far hopefully I can survive that week without a PK.

D/ST: It's two defenses. 

All in all think my team is in the middle of the pack somewhere. If things break right with certain players and if Foster and Boldin ever get signed and into decent situations that should help my team out tremendously. 

If I had to give my team a grade I would put it at about C+ with what I know now. But the grade could improve some with things breaking right.

Team fubar, don't love it, don't hate it. 

QB: I was hoping Brady would fall to 6.15 but Eli is a solid qb we can win with, and while I really don't like cutler he's a good enough backup in best ball.  I'm not really sure why I took Eli over rivers other than hoping the Eli/OBJ combo leads to a few high scoring weeks.  Below average but not bad. 

RB: frankly I don't like any of these guys but as a 4 back group it's solid.  AA could be good, Murray should have another year as lead back, Henry will get playing time and score even with Murray there, and while Lacy appears to be doing better this off season, Starks will have plenty of playing time.  Another below average group but should suffice. 

WR: this is where we shine.  There might be a better trio than OBJ/Cooks/Crabtree but not by much.  Coates and ginn bring the big play and strong was too good a value to pass up.  I might have been better off going with a 5th rb, which probably would have been Andre Ellington, time will tell.  ETA: SH's group is on par with a similar composition.  But I'll take Cooks over Thomas right now (mostly due to qb)

TE: one of the best established guys although he might come back down a bit with KB back, and a 2nd year guy who should be good.  That's pretty much my ideal duo. (Likewise, I would have loved to pair Eli with Winston or MM). 

PK: two guys with jobs and no bye week conflict. 

DEF: good enough and don't share a bye. 

Was able to avoid any huge bye week problems although 8 and 10 are somewhat weak.  If the backs pan out and Eli doesn't fall apart this team could go far. 

PLAYER

2015 YTD PTS

BYE

DRAFTED

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

-

Murray, Latavius OAK RB

Starks, James GBP RB

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Coates, Sammie PIT WR

Cooks, Brandin NOS WR

Crabtree, Michael OAK WR

Ginn Jr., Ted CAR WR

Strong, Jaelen HOU WR

Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Williams, Maxx BAL TE

Bryant, Matt ATL PK

Walsh, Blair MIN PK

Lions, Detroit DET Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

18 TOTAL PLAYERS

Do we know who has been eliminated thus far?  I think someone was updating it over the first few weeks, but it fell by the wayside.

Users who are viewing this thread