What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB Tahir Whitehead (1 Viewer)

is but shouldn't for those in dynasty leagues as his role seemed clear after the team resigned him. I like him, although some even in Detroit media (for what that's worth) were pounding the table for the team to draft an inside linebacker.

I think he's underrated but not by upper management on the team and the coaches. They clearly like him and what they saw from him two years ago inside when he filled in for Tulloch.

I like that he has experience rushing from outside and has played in coverage.

I had to battle with another savvy IDP owner in a league to get him in FA in March, but I feel if he can put up a respectable amount of tackles weekly, his big play potential makes him an interesting sleeper this season. We shall see.

I recently read something about the Lions defense and some interesting points about Whitehead.

1- The team did like what he flashed 2 years ago.

2- They did not like their evaluations of what he was doing coming into last year. And that kind of stuck with him/them. But it was all at OLB.

3- Tahir recognized he was way more instinctive and comfortable in the middle and the team looked into it and believes that to exactly be the case. They mentioned something about him being a better face-up player with his eyes forward. Instead of turning his back on the play too often. And that was making him agitated and nervous and far less fluid.

In reading that (I was at doctor office, bored on my phone) I did not read many quotes by Tahir or the coaches on those points. But the article made me take notice.  .02

I got him cheap in my league a couple months back. If he wins an every down role at MLB it'll be a steal. Just need to see if he gets the every down role.

Bostic came there and I don't like Tahir that much. Wouldn't break the bank for this guy.

Still think Tahir is better than Bostic but I don't think Tahir will be a long term answer.

Seems to be flying somewhat under the radar as a LB2 type. Played very well in a similar role in 2014.
I had him in 2014 and didn't think he was very good.He finished 33rd week 5-the end that year. When he was an RFA wasn't even bid on.

Maybe 33 isn't bad for a LB3 starter.

He's a great "next guy up" to have (your #1 "non-starter").

A league with different scoring rules may be different but in my leagues he is always steady but not good enough to be great.  He's a guy a conservative type drafts as decent floor.

Any idea if he can play 3 downs ?

He resigned with assurance he was competing for the starting job. (meaningless I know), but with significant snaps, he should compile decent stats. 

Is Tulluch gonna spell him on 3rd down or outplay him all together ?

I am holding but would like to churn his roster spot soon if I have overvalued him as there are some interesting prospects on the wire.

Tulloch is gone. The only thing keeping him on the roster currently is contract nuances. He's good enough to play 3 downs and worth holding in leagues that start 3 LBs. Less than that? I'd probably cut bait for an upside flier.

Users who are viewing this thread