What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tampa DL (1 Viewer)

Arodin

Footballguy
What are people's thoughts on ranking Ayers, Gholston and McCoy?  Which is the fantasy value worth targetting, if any?

Picked up Gholston at low cost in my dynasty league. Good run stuffer, good overall tackler from what I have read and racked up the tackles last season. Turns 25 later this year, and should be a free agent next offseason, so even if he doesn't get a full 3 down snap count this year, it could very well be there for him on a new team. If he can have a role of close to 800 snaps and pick his sacks up to 7 or 8 a year he would be a terrific DL2 to depend on weekly. 

Right now, I would probably bring him in as depth and just see how it goes...can't remember but I think they either kicked him inside to tackle on 3 down or have talked about possibly doing that this year to keep him on the field. Have to see how it goes, but get him as a backup on your team if you're in 12 or deeper league started 3 or more. That's a good start.

McCoy is who he is at this point, but supporting help around should make things a little better and I believe he's now 2 years removed from a major injury so that's good.

Ayers was brought in to be a starter and make an impact on the rush so he could be an immediate DL3 on draft day that could out perform.

All and all I like the Bucs lineman, if you are getting them at a respectable value and not overpaying. McCoy in DT start leagues is a starter of course and has more value there but that should go without saying.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread